Page 458 of 460 FirstFirst ... 358 408 448 456 457 458 459 460 LastLast
Results 13,711 to 13,740 of 13786

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    ROH won't be doing any contracts, it seems. They should just let that pass in its sleep.

Vince's office:

But we all know why Cody really left: He saw Hook and got outta Dodge.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Not so sure; what makes you think so?

What I'd love would be for Cody to swerve everyone and reboot ROH alongside...HHH. Then ROH could become THE "forbidden door" and serve as the site for WWE/AEW dream matches and feuds...
    Cody practically funded AEW, both him and Bradi, pretty much do all they want in the company and are major shareholders, why give that up?

The guy is getting lots of controversy with his "Heel/Face turn" and the fact that his promos are great but people don't believe him, to me this "leaving of the company", sounds more of a storyline either to make him turn heel or make fans "miss him", so he becomes the face he wants to be (also giving AEW publicity in the process).
    Of course anything can happen, but i find it hard to believe...

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    I am 100000% convinced that this is a work.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    It very well could be a work. Thatís entirely possible.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    *watches them leave only to come back 3 months later as the N-N-N-N-NEW WORLD ORDER in black and white colours*

Sorry... had a moment.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Cody practically funded AEW, both him and Bradi, pretty much do all they want in the company and are major shareholders, why give that up?

The guy is getting lots of controversy with his "Heel/Face turn" and the fact that his promos are great but people don't believe him, to me this "leaving of the company", sounds more of a storyline either to make him turn heel or make fans "miss him", so he becomes the face he wants to be (also giving AEW publicity in the process).
    Of course anything can happen, but i find it hard to believe...
    I am rather certain he and the Bucks bankrolled All In, and maybe Double or Nothing, but from then on I'm pretty sure it was TK/Shad who bankrolled it until AEE became financially viable via TV deals. Not sure the current extent of his financial investment in AEW, and it's also not publicly traded like WWE so I don't think it even matters.

As for the ROH idea, it checks a lot of boxes and rights some wrongs. First, it provides another content source for WarnerMedia. Both of Cody's other shows, Rhodes to the Top and Go Big Show, were picked up for a second season. Warner execs seem to trust him, so I'm thinking that a Rhodes helmed ROH show could provide another hour or two of content for TBS/TNT. Second, it would allow for more coherent "forbidden door" work. Let's be honest, the Impact stuff just didn't do it because it's not easily accessible. Third, and something that seems to be lost, is that Joe Koff set ROH's demise into motion by giving Cody and the Bucks access to a ton of resources for All In and the subsequent birth of AEW. Cody can be the hero by saving ROH.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    *watches them leave only to come back 3 months later as the N-N-N-N-NEW WORLD ORDER in black and white colours*

Sorry... had a moment.
    My buddy at work today were joking that Cody will come back in a few months and theyll splash "CODY RHODES IS ALL ELITE!" graphics all over the place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    There was an episode of the Sammy Vlog a few months ago where they had Cody talk a bit about what his future will look like and he said: “I’m thankful for those sacrifices that have put me this position to have almost immeasurable wealth as a wrestler. Dumb wealth. NFL level wealth. As a wrestler. I’m thankful for that. Because my mother told me if I quit WWE I was screwed and well… humph” ... “I am thankful to the fans that cheer me, and I am thankful to the fans that boo me because both sets of fans are getting ready to go on a ride that is just bizarre and it’s not the path that you think. We’re not doing what’s been done before.”

Fantasy booking time.....

Cody Rhodes shows up on Raw, Kevin Owens vs. Cody Rhodes at Wrestlemania, Wednesday after mania Cody Rhodes shows up at AEW Dynamite and helps Mox and Danielson win the AEW tag titles. As current and former WWE guys, they become the new NWO.

TK planned the entire thing, Cody actually has a work anywhere lifetime AEW contract. TK pays Cody's legal fees and settlement, but simultaneously a very public spotlight is placed upon WWE's controversial independent contractor contracts. Meanwhile the stunt puts AEW Dynamite's ratings over Raw.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 02-15-2022 at 11:40 PM. Reason: ....fantasy booking

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Career and credibility suicide if he chooses a new WWE stint. I don't buy a word of any of this. If any of it were to be believed negatively about backstage politics I imagine Tony Khan would've squashed it publicly immediately.

We'll see what happens. For a guy most people seem to not stand this has a TON of buzz so he must be interesting and important in some regards.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'd be totally shocked if he winds up back in WWE. There is zero, ZERO chance of him transforming anything there.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Damn, I just had an interesting thought—What if this is a work and he returns to AEW, attacks Hangman and says the No World Title Challenge stipulation was in his old deal so he needed a way to get a new one?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    ⌃That actually sound plausible, either way, i hope he turns heel, it suits him better...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Who would have thought that Cody would be bigger news than Ol' Stone Cold? If this WAS a work, then you're really hurting AEW. All the news sites would lose credibility. This is 100% shoot.

But it does show you how much the fans don't fall for much any more.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Who would have thought that Cody would be bigger news than Ol' Stone Cold? If this WAS a work, then you're really hurting AEW. All the news sites would lose credibility. This is 100% shoot.

But it does show you how much the fans don't fall for much any more.
    I guess, it's like Hogan said...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    And they wonder why no one watched TNA... Whenever the ratings are down and the show is bad, the marks are at fault. I've been backstage at enough indy shows to see the boys are the biggest marks for themselves (and they will tell you the same! haha)

Hogan was outdated in 2001, let alone 2011. Dixie was a money mark, though, so...

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I guess, it's like Hogan said...

Dude should’ve picked up an English book sometimes instead of the barbell. I’m not even trying to be an ass but that sentence is a fucking mess to read.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dude should’ve picked up an English book sometimes instead of the barbell. I’m not even trying to be an ass but that sentence is a fucking mess to read.
    That's the best part actually, love how smart he thinks he is...

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    "Am I that out of touch? No, brother, it's the marks that are."

I guess African Americans worked Terry into a shoot?

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    "Am I that out of touch? No, brother, it's the marks that are."

I guess African Americans worked Terry into a shoot?
    lol

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Breaking news: I’m being told a Nine Line t shirt will be inducting Undertaker into the HOF.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I see they've announced the Undertaker is going in the hall of fame. As if there were any doubt. Well deserved! I had the privilege of seeing him wrestle a few times. He was an artist in the ring. The hell in the cell match with Mick Foley remains legendary.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    I see they've announced the Undertaker is going in the hall of fame. As if there were any doubt. Well deserved! I had the privilege of seeing him wrestle a few times. He was an artist in the ring. The hell in the cell match with Mick Foley remains legendary.
    As ludicrous as the entirely non-existent WWE HoF is, I agree that Taker definitely deserves it. I'll go a step further and echo some of the podcast hosts I follow and say that he should be the ONLY inductee this year. The guy is truly a class of his own, and in true WWE fashion, they've exhausted every potential inductee still above ground. They should just have one last induction with Taker this year, then they hold off on the HoF until the rumored physical HoF is constructed.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Sounding more and more like Cody to WWE is imminent and I'm honestly intrigued.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Sounding more and more like Cody to WWE is imminent and I'm honestly intrigued.
    He'll be treated like a top tier guy for a few months and then get pushed back down to mid-card level and then I'm calling it right now they WILL force him to bring back Stardust at SOME point.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    He'll be treated like a top tier guy for a few months and then get pushed back down to mid-card level and then I'm calling it right now they WILL force him to bring back Stardust at SOME point.
    Yes, now that many details about the story have surfaced, i think it's for sure he'll show up in the WWE
    ...and of course they will dress him as Stardust at some point, if he accepts he'll end up as a huge hypocrite.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    How about this MJF promo (that I’ve read is mostly true)? Seems like for story purposes they’re twisting it into MJF being one of the creeps that hounded Punk after he left WWE and delusionally held Punk responsible for things he wasn’t. I fucking love it. Revolution is absolutely stacked.

Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    MJF is an absolute god tier abusive gas lighting manipulative heel. This promo was some next level shit and something I don't think has ever been attempted in pro wrestling. I'm gonna say he's probably in the top 3 greatest heels of all time.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Cesaro is gone from WWE.

Such a wasted talent. I hope Claudio returns and mayhaps Kings will Reign Supreme once more?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    The last thing WWE had Cesaro do that i was entertained by was when he spun Seth Rollins lol

He definitely was wasted and it was frustrating because i really enjoyed the guy.

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Both the MJF and Kingston promos last night were god level.

Im such a mark for MJF and last night pretty much solidified him as my favorite Heel in the history of Pro Wrestling.