Page 452 of 487 FirstFirst ... 352 402 442 450 451 452 453 454 462 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,560 of 14581

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My interpretation of what the Bucks are doing now is in the past when they’ve been heels they were funny sociopaths (especially in PWG but also when they were in Bullet Club). Now they’re rich and have power so they’ve become uppity rich assholes. They’re not trying to be cool (like cool for real)…in fact, that’s part of the characters they’re playing. They THINK they’re cool but they’re not. It’s gaudy and ridiculous. They embraced being “sell outs.”

I love the long term booking going on here too. The Bucks didn’t have a lot of success in AEW until they went cheesy evil and joined up with their cheesy evil friend, Kenny Omega, who was also not too successful early in AEW. Adam Page chose to be true to himself, stay good and not sell out but his doubts are being masked with drinking. Someone on Twitter made a great thread about Kenny and Adam. I wish I knew where to find it now but it’s dead on. Kenny and The Bucks took the easy way out.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-02-2021 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I appreciate AEW's focus on telling long term stories, and their ability to weave multiple stories at once. For as much flack as people give the promotion for all of the factions currently in the promotion, factions give us interactions which can lead to great stories.

I'm just at a point where I'm ready to see Kenny and the Bucks get their comeuppance and I'm running out of patience. I don't find them all that entertaining because I don't feel like they are authentically owning those roles. Hangman is different; it truly feels like he's conflicted. Kenny and the Bucks feel like they're just playing the part of obnoxious heels. There's no ownership or authenticity.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I think perhaps that’s all going to come to a head soon. Maybe not this Sunday but I think the tide could start turning then. Whether that is the return of Hangman putting the Dark Order back together or some other united force (Bryan Danielson is heavily being teased for Sunday), I don’t know.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Holy shit, guys…my All Out seat is amazing. Easily the best for any major wrestling show I have been to. I’m in the row Mox came down; the lower part.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Awesome! Enjoy the hell out of the show!

I'd definitely be watching right now, but it's my wife and it's sixth wedding anniversary. And our 19 month old is refusing to go to bed. And my wife is at week 39 of pregnancy with our second little girl.

Safe to say, I'll be reading up on the recaps tomorrow!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My fucking god. Ruby Soho. Adam Cole. BRYAN DANIELSON. Tomorrow’s Raw has a tall task in front of it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well after reading tonight’s debuts and matches I wonder what the clowns at WWE are gonna aim for now because they should be getting scared of the rising momentum that’s forming here.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I bought tonight's PPV, the first wrestling PPV I've bought since Wrestlemania X-8. All Out '21 might have been the best wrestling PPV I've ever seen. What a goddamn show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fun dynamic I didn't truly realize in the moment until Tony Khan just mentioned it now - Adam Cole was part of those initial Wednesday Night Wars with AEW & NXT so it's kind of crazy that AEW just signed the guy who was the rival company's champion for around 50% of that period. I know we're all super excited about Bryan as well, but Adam Cole is gonna do some great stuff as well. I'm also really excited to see them strap the rocket on Ruby's back and let her fly to the moon. Imagine some of the matches she'll have. What a crazy night in pro wrestling.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    *Lights cigarette in bed*
    Was it as good for you as it was for me? One of the best shows ever, with top 3 cage match of all time. It's a good time to be a fan. All of the debuts and surprises were tremendous tonight, but seeing little Heidi Lovelace get that pop was the most heartwarming.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This is the first AEW PPV I've missed since the original All In. Just woke up and checked my phone. Channeling my inner Ron Simmons: DAMN!

I am 100% going to watch this show at some point, because, DAMN!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Obviously at the end of the main event I was expecting Bryan Danielson so when Adam Cole's music/graphic hit I marked out hard. I was literally screaming "It's Adam Cole, it's Adam Fucking Cole Bay Bay!"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wish AEW didn't sell DVDs of their PPVs. I've wrestled (HA!) with myself for over half a year about buying some but hate they're not on blu-ray so I've put it off. I want them but part of me thinks they'll never release them on 1080p. The 480p shit quality on DVDs is hilarious in 2021.

ShopAEW has a Labor Day/All Out sale for 20% off. Ends tonight.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The hits just keep coming for WWE: https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...t-raw-key-demo

Gable Steveson's signing is big, however AEW still has so much momentum at the moment. With reports of Wyatt - and possibly even KO?! - to AEW, it's going to be a wild 6-12 months.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    The hits just keep coming for WWE: https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...t-raw-key-demo

Gable Steveson's signing is big, however AEW still has so much momentum at the moment. With reports of Wyatt - and possibly even KO?! - to AEW, it's going to be a wild 6-12 months.
    I don't want AEW going down the path of late 2000's TNA by bloating the roster with WWE throwaways, squandered talent and retirees. After the last 3 months I think they should cool it. I legitimately like KO a lot but I don't need him in AEW, he's not gonna bring anything to it for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd very much enjoy KO in AEW. Calling guys who are leaving WWE "throwaways" when they are turning down WWE to go to AEW is so fucking wrong, especially after the mass layoffs due to "budget cuts" of the last two years.

When I watched WWE & NXT, I really enjoyed KO, Alister Black, Daniel Bryan, Adrian Neville, Sammy Zayn, The Undisputed Era, Gargano & Ciampa, Ricochet, & Finn Balor. These guys absolutely have a style that is obviously not welcomed in the WWE anymore. I'd gladly take each and every one in AEW.

Also, a simple reminder that gets forgotten. Tony Kahn's net worth is roughly $7 Billion. Vince Mcmahon is $2 Billion. While he certainly needs to watch AEW's budget, they are not and never will be TNA.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 09-10-2021 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I'd very much enjoy KO in AEW. Calling guys who are leaving WWE "throwaways" when they are turning down WWE to go to AEW is so fucking wrong, especially after the mass layoffs due to "budget cuts" of the last two years.

When I watched WWE & NXT, I really enjoyed KO, Alister Black, Daniel Bryan, Adrian Neville, Sammy Zayn, The Undisputed Era, Gargano & Ciampa, Ricochet, & Finn Balor. These guys absolutely have a style that is obviously not welcomed in the WWE anymore. I'd gladly take each and every one in AEW.

Also, a simple reminder that gets forgotten. Tony Kahn's net worth is roughly $7 Billion. Vince Mcmahon is $2 Billion. While he certainly needs to watch AEW's budget, they are not and never will be TNA.
    I'm a huge fan of mid 2010's NXT. Some of my most favorite AEW roster guys are former NXT superstars (I mean look at my damn avatar). People like Rusev (sure he had moderate success with Aiden English and Rusev Day), Aleister Black and Andrade 'Cien' Almas were always immediately a failure to launch the very moment they made it to SD or RAW. You got other people like Ricochet, Karrion Kross, Keith Lee and Damien Priest who have died on the main roster or will in the future if they haven't already who deserve better also.

Main former WWE signees I immediately applauded were Andrade El Idolo, Malakai Black, Miro, Pac, Ruby Soho and even Jon Moxley way back when. I love Adam Cole and I can't really fault him for signing with AEW given his past connections and the fact his contract lapsed and wasn't released.

I call them "throwaways" because WWE disposed of them after use (some being moderately longtime employees) and AEW has to quickly gobble them up to pad out a roster that was already pretty loaded with solid skill and personality. I say what I do when I post stuff like that because I'd rather see new, fresh independent talent I had never seen before AEW signed instead of Kevin Owens I had seen on and off WWE TV for nearly a decade. Excuse me for wanting to see more Orange Cassidys, MJFs, Brian Pillman Jrs, Jungle Boys, Sammy Guevaras and Darby Allins signed than 2021 Daniel Bryans (I love the guy), Christian Cages (was a big fan in the 2000's) and Paul Wights (I liked Big Show ok in like 2004). No disrespect to them at all but I wanted to watch AEW as a fresh, new product, not be reminded of "hey that guy was on WWE! That sucked!" constantly.

Sue me. I'm sure I'll be facepalmed to hell. There's no easy way to tactfully post this type of thing where it doesn't come off as a curmudgeon.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-10-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You got facepalmed specifically for KO, who has, like Adam Cole, been friends/coworkers with The Elite long before he was ever in WWE. If he wants to go to AEW, where he will also be utilized better, then there’s no reason not to.

People really really REALLY need to stop with this ex WWE guy bullshit narrative. KO is ex ROH. So is Cole. So is Punk. So is Danielson. Ruby Soho is ex indie. So is Malakai Black (wish he’d just used Tommy End). So is Pac. So is Moxley. Andrade is ex AAA. NONE OF THEM ARE WWE guys. If Wyatt shows up? That’s an ex WWE guy. You’ll have one you can complain about then, I guess. I hope they don’t sign Beef Stroganoff, though. Not just because he’s a big dumb guy but also because he foolishly defended WWE and insulted independent wrestlers last year. Fuck that dumbass hillbilly. Go to Impact, I guess?

This “focus on original AEW talent” thing is also incorrect because it doesn’t exist, really. MJF, Britt Baker, Kris Statlander, Brian Pillman Jr, and Darby Allin were all featured on TV this week and they’re all ex indie talent. Everyone you mentioned is ex indie. None are homegrown AEW.

So stop it. You’re just wrong on this.

Look at WWE’s new NXT bullshit if you want “homegrown talent” aka ex football jocks. Most will be sloppy dangerous charisma vacuums (Ridge Holland lol). The last time they did this they got Cena, Orton and Batista out of HUNDREDS of dopey chuds. So have fun with that strategy, Vince. He loves his big dumb guys. They signed that overconfident Olympic guy too. I’m personally already tired of hearing from and about that fucking guy.

Me? I’ll keep on backing the company that loves wrestling and wrestlers, listens to the fans, and keeps growing positively. If more independent/ROH grown talent wants to bail on the shit company making increasingly worse decisions (and has also made it clear they do not value those talents), I’m all for it.

EDIT—I just noticed Miro was in your list. That’s a legit ex WWE guy. You got one there.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-11-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    @Space Suicide - I think the main gripe about what you're saying is that it falls into this easy criticism that is short-sighted. We all think of TNA for throwing money at Hogan, Nash, Booker T, Steiner, etc. because there wasn't an ounce of planning put into it from a booking perspective. They overshadowed guys who were young at the time like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Jeff Hardy, Christian Cage and countless others. The only WWE/WCW guy that made the most sense with that philosophy was Kurt Angle who has some absolute bangers hiding on tape somewhere with some of those aforementioned names.

The common thread that connects all of these names that AEW has signed has been mismanagement from WWE. Some of the other folks like Paul Wight and Mark Henry are gonna be special attractions and not competing regularly. Christian Cage is there to end things on a high note and work with up and coming talent similar to what Punk and Bryan are likely going to do as well.

This is what I see as the difference maker between AEW and the old TNA - Tony Khan. Tony is 100% the son of a billionaire who seemed to learn all of the right lessons growing up who spent his free time collecting wrestling tapes from all over the world from hundreds of different promotions and fantasy booking wrestlers on message boards. He is that accidentally almost perfect combination of who could legitimately challenge Vince and so far, it's been great.

I came back to wrestling when Punk dropped the pipe bomb promo. I've had ups and downs but AEW seems to be really turning into a pro wrestling heaven kind of deal. It's never 100% perfect, but so far, I'd say they're doing a great job. Outside of them not featuring a women's match for the second week in a row, it seems to have caused an accidentally great episode of Smackdown last night. If this raises everyone's game, then we're heading in the right direction to have some fucking great wrestling.

You have to imagine that there will be a bidding war for Windham Rotunda. He was the top merch mover for WWE when they featured him and rolled out new merch. The same can easily be said for Braun Strowman who took crappy wrestling skills and a pretty basic moveset and got over with the crowd. Everyone popped when his music would hit. Where they end up will be interesting but you have to give them a serious look since they can still likely go in the ring.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Big E!!!

So so happy for the man and super happy that Kofi and Woods got to share in the moment. E seems like such a good dude and I’m really hoping he has a good run with the title.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This never gets old.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Big E!!!

So so happy for the man and super happy that Kofi and Woods got to share in the moment. E seems like such a good dude and I’m really hoping he has a good run with the title.
    I have little, but still SOME faith that they can make sure this is a meaningful and good run. Hoping it coincides with a launch of his "Our Heroes Rock!" project, which is shaping up to be DOPE. https://www.si.com/wrestling/2021/03...-black-history

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    NXT's script has been revised "a lot of times" already. Because that always works for Raw and SD. This could be a glorious mess.

And speaking of glorious messes: 1.67 for Raw. Football stikes early.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Big E!!!

Nothing against the guy but i never saw him at that level (then again, neither Kofi and the guy was great as champ...), i think Big E has lots of heel potential, i hope he betrays Kofi and Woods and breaks up the New Day for good.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I love Big E and I’m happy for him. As usual though, WWE kind of dropped the ball by not having him beat Roman. Oh well. I hope he gets a strong run and they don’t fuck it up like they did with Kofi.

Also, Kevin fucking Dunn is at the NXT show tonight soooooooo…

I really wish I could say nicer things about WWE but they keep giving me reasons not to.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh my, NXT trainwreck tonight! (could be wrong, but all signs point to that...)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New Mandy Rose look and Ciampa won the NXT title so there's that.

Unnecessary rebrand and identity update by WWE here.

Most of the new debut people are generic as can be. Tony D'angelo was the only one I remembered because his promo vignette reminded me of Razor Ramon ethnic wiseguy and FBI for the Italian angle.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    New Mandy Rose look and Ciampa won the NXT title so there's that.

Unnecessary rebrand and identity update by WWE here.

Most of the new debut people are generic as can be. Tony D'angelo was the only one I remembered because his promo vignette reminded me of Razor Ramon ethnic wiseguy and FBI for the Italian angle.
    Big yikes, hard pass.

Sad to see this as the new NXT.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I love Ciampa. Glad he won though it feels like he will be a sacrificial lamb to one of the VKM Big Dumb Guys theme the episode had. At least that’s how it read.