Page 439 of 485 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 437 438 439 440 441 449 ... LastLast
Results 13,141 to 13,170 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Based on the current landscape, the most compelling opponent for Charlotte is gonna be Rhea Ripley, and that would probably be a helluva match. I'd expect some volatility with one of the current champions but they also have 69 days to start building a compelling storyline.

It's 100% gonna be Drew vs. Brock at Mania. I'm glad Drew is going into this as a babyface since his real story lends all sorts of compliments to his ascension.

I popped and choked up for Edge. What a great moment and showcase. I'd expect a triple threat with him versus Randy and AJ, though it looks like AJ hurt himself landing on that spear.

Good Rumble PPV! Both the men's and women's rumbles were great this year.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Actual, legitimate tears from me last night when edge came out. Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Actual, legitimate tears from me last night when edge came out. Jesus christ.
    The look on his face when he came out. You could see the emotion and disbelief. He's there, but was he really? Really cool, special moment. Dolph sold the hell out of the spear.

Think it might've been Ryan Satin. But, someone (a credible one) says Charlotte's path to mania might be more interesting than what fans might expect. Keep an open mind I guess.. Charlotte/Ripley would be pretty cool. Not sure how you get there though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Dolph sold the hell out of the spear.
    Wish we could have seen edges first fucking spear. What. The. Fuck

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    There's fan footage of it on Twitter. Beyond me how they screwed that up.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status...991129094?s=09

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status...278325761?s=09
    Last edited by Piko; 01-27-2020 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The camerawork on this show was atrocious.
    I blame the size of the venue for that. They didn't accommodate that well for it either.

Kairi Sane's insane elbow in the Rumble was oddly cut due to an entrance as well. The entrant didn't get name plate.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I blame the size of the venue for that. They didn't accommodate that well for it either.

Kairi Sane's insane elbow in the Rumble was oddly cut due to an entrance as well. The entrant didn't get name plate.
    I don't think so. Roman/Corbin had issues too. They completely missed the uso dive. They ended up replaying it, so its not like the camera didn't have the shot. Also had a super annoying shaky cam.

You would think the guys in the production truck would have a heads up on certain things of the show. When Edge came out, that should've been the focus and nothing else.

I'm not blaming the venue. They did it better last year in the same type of venue. It's incompetence.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I watched the men's Rumble cold last night, and I liked it. If Brock set out to shut the people up saying he has no endurance and makes jokes about the colors he turns in long matches, he achieved his job with me at least. It was a hell of a performance on his part. And Edge's comeback was nice to watch. Never really a big fan of his character but I always liked what he did in the ring and I enjoy seeing him in interviews and liked his podcast too. I'm weirdly happy that Orton (never was a big fan of his either) got the chance to get major heat on him the following night. The kind of heat I haven't really seen or heard of in WWE for the last several years.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    first weekend off since my return (excluding xmas) and I rebroke my toe walking up my steps..

also pretty sure I tore my meniscus in my match 3 weeks ago..but, I digress.

I'm uploading each match of mine since the return to my youtube privately, would you all be interested in watching them in chronological order??

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    first weekend off since my return (excluding xmas) and I rebroke my toe walking up my steps..

also pretty sure I tore my meniscus in my match 3 weeks ago..but, I digress.

I'm uploading each match of mine since the return to my youtube privately, would you all be interested in watching them in chronological order??
    Hell yeah! Get well soon. Take it easy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Anyone else catch AEW? That Cody/MJF segment was gold. Some of the best storytelling I've seen in a long time. So heated, a fan attacked MJF.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So heated, a fan attacked MJF.
    I love wrestling as much as the next guy but I don't understand why anyone would do this. IT'S NOT A REAL MOMENT.

If I was MJF and it was legally allowed I would've socked them in the face.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Aww look at Sasha and Lexi having fun.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I love wrestling as much as the next guy but I don't understand why anyone would do this. IT'S NOT A REAL MOMENT.

If I was MJF and it was legally allowed I would've socked them in the face.
    You would be amazed what some people would do when you get worked up. I think MJF might have hit the guy. Gotta go back and see for sure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Re: Cody segment.

1. Still super happy for Wardlow getting a huge break, Love that guy SO SO SO Much, his mother constantly checked in on me during my injury.
    2. 90% sure the fan attacking MJF was a plant. It's an oldschool way of saying "Look at how much heat this segment got!" without breaking 100% focus on the possibly uncomfortable angle. Very well done.

3. Return tour, in chronological order:

October 5th, 2019:

October 25th, 2019:

November 2nd, 2019:

November 16th, 2019:

December 7th, 2019:

December 14th, 2019:

December 21st, 2019:

January 1st, 2020:

Janury 4th, 2010:

January 10th, 2020:

January 11th, 2020:

Janaury 18th, 2020:

January 25th, 2020:
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 02-06-2020 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I don’t like this band whatsoever but wow. So neat.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I don’t like this band whatsoever but wow. So neat.

oh, bowling for soup writes a song about Alexa Bliss and everyone loves it..but when *I* do it, I'm W E I R D?!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    oh, bowling for soup writes a song about Alexa Bliss and everyone loves it..but when *I* do it, I'm W E I R D?!
    Is that the hidden meaning you got out of my post?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    First time I've heard a song of theirs. Also the last. Muted after about 30 seconds...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    First time I've heard a song of theirs. Also the last. Muted after about 30 seconds...
    Yeah, I don't like pop punk. She's one year younger than me so this falls in line with what most of the girls in my classes at middle school and high school liked in the mid 2000's.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Latest match, an absolute banger!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    AEW Dynamite is peaking at the perfect moment. That's all I'm going to say about WWE Super Showdown.

Edit: How do you make this mistake after you've been promoting the show for months now with this image?
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 02-27-2020 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    AEW Dynamite is peaking at the perfect moment. That's all I'm going to say about WWE Super Showdown.

Edit: How do you make this mistake after you've been promoting the show for months now with this image?
    Heard the show was shit. WWE is continuing their downward spiral. Might've killed Wyatt (again). Rumor has it that the network might be gutted soon. Nothing but bad decisions.

And while WWE keeps sabotaging itself, AEW are figuring it out and putting on amazing shows, week after week. Revolution is shaping up to be a pretty good show. Contrast as to the dumpster fire from earlier.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    So Matt Hardy is now a free agent. Hopefully his talents will be used in grater uses someplace else than how his run went with WWE this time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wonder if we'll see Hardy on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    That promo by Jake the Snake on Dynamite tonight was great. Jake still has that psychology working for him on the mic. Fantastic stuff.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    That promo by Jake the Snake on Dynamite tonight was great. Jake still has that psychology working for him on the mic. Fantastic stuff.
    Hell yeah! He's still got it. Looks like he might be a manager? Pretty cool to see him being used in some way. He can really help younger talent a ton.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Random thought time...

Okay, since the WWE is having, shall we say, creative issues... I'm suggesting a reboot. They want sports entertainment, well... let's give it an actual long term story. Back in the day, Papa McMahon wanted the bestest wrestlers to compete in his "Tournament of Gold on Leather Belt" and created the Titan Towers to host his competition... (I know, sound like manga or a video game... but let's roll with that). More Tekken less Street Fighter.

Yes, sure, it'll entirely piss off older professional wrestling fans who know and watched decades of same talent but those fans aren't exactly happy with what's out there now and since it seems really hard to go back to that style... I'm recommending the move forward.