Page 434 of 485 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 432 433 434 435 436 444 484 ... LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,020 of 14543

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    LOL at Seth cowering at Bray Wyatt and literally screaming in the corner. Your world champion!

"Can't sleep, Fiend'll eat me..."
    People have been bashing him all week for that. Without being a negative dick about it you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't if you're Seth:

1. Cower in fear to sell that The Fiend/Wyatt is a scary threat and get bashed as being a coward and weak

2. Don't be afraid and don't sell The Fiend/Wyatt appearances and mind games as a potential terrifying threat and bury The Fiend's current work

Can't win for losing here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    During the dark match, Becky came out and brushed off Seth's warning completely that "The Fiend is still out there" and kept walking down the aisle.

I think it's time to focus more on New Japan...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Announced an estimated return window; spring 2020.. everyone is so excited.

Little do they know, theyll be seeing me in 10 days.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think it would have been better to just have Seth more confident at first, but after repeated beatings from The Fiend, progressively get more and more terrified. "OMG this guys got my number Everytime"

But just having CrossFit Jesus cower in the corner with his belt makes everyone look like chumps.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Remember when Austin cowered in the corner? No? Neither do I... He'd call it "wannabe spooky bullshit" and fight.

Seth's as dead in the water as Roman...

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by space suicide View Post
    people have been bashing him all week for that. Without being a negative dick about it you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't if you're seth:

1. Cower in fear to sell that the fiend/wyatt is a scary threat and get bashed as being a coward and weak

2. Don't be afraid and don't sell the fiend/wyatt appearances and mind games as a potential terrifying threat and bury the fiend's current work

can't win for losing here.
    ! A
    Last edited by Dryalex12; 09-25-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Remember when Austin cowered in the corner? No? Neither do I... He'd call it "wannabe spooky bullshit" and fight.

Seth's as dead in the water as Roman...
    Gonna go ahead and disagree strongly here. Everyone, including Seth, knows that the ONLY comparison between Austin and Rollins is the moniker of "top guy", but even that's a stretch because Austin is STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, for gods sake.

Wyatt/The Fiend even recognized this and PURPOSEFULLY AVOIDED Austin when he was on Raw that night. Wyatt even alluded to the Rattlesnake in the "stranger danger" Firefly Funhouse Segment. Wyatt KNOWS Rollins is not at Austin's level, and that Austin is STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, and chose his spot wisely. Yes, Rollins is being booked to look like a chump at the moment, but let's give this story a chance. Yes, Rollins (and all the legends & Balor) look weak RIGHT NOW, but let's give this story a chance. This is the best long-term angle in a LONG time. Let's see where we go from here.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hope it has a real end game, not to sound conceited, but I want them to prove me wrong. It's just Vince throwing out scripts like crazy makes me cautious.

We actually joking call "let's see where it we go from here" or variations "LIPOSWIG". Let It Play Out, See Where It Goes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I hope it has a real end game, not to sound conceited, but I want them to prove me wrong. It's just Vince throwing out scripts like crazy makes me cautious.

We actually joking call "let's see where it we go from here" or variations "LIPOSWIG". Let It Play Out, See Where It Goes.
    100% with you on wanting them to prove me wrong. I just think with the Fox move, and the heat from the Nacho Libre/Schefter stuff last week they're going to have to do this reboot, draft, and everything else, right which gives me the faintest glimmer of hope.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Keith Lee vs Dijakovic was insane last night. I know we maybe shouldn't kick out of a 340 pound moonsault, or a second rope Canadian Destroyer.... but dammit, that was ridiculous fun.

Just let them fight every week forever...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Keith Lee vs Dijakovic was insane last night. I know we maybe shouldn't kick out of a 340 pound moonsault, or a second rope Canadian Destroyer.... but dammit, that was ridiculous fun.

Just let them fight every week forever...
    NXT is top quality and will continue to be so. 7-8 matches weekly is insane.

As for weekly, next week marks SmackDown's move to FOX. I watched the Greatest Hits show and Alexa was at the end and said "new superstars to make their mark" and had vignettes for:

Brock Lesnar
    Braun Strowman
    The Fiend/Bray Wyatt
    Roman Reigns
    Alexa Bliss

So I guess she is going to be on SD like I've wanted and so will the other guys there. This must be roster changes that will be shown. It felt like a backdoor reveal.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-27-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I know we maybe shouldn't kick out of a 340 pound moonsault, or a second rope Canadian Destroyer.... but dammit, that was ridiculous fun.
    I was listening to E&C's podcast this morning, and Christian said something similar. He and Edge are both so much fun to listen to when it comes to breaking down psychology of matches, and they made some very valid points. Commentary could have explained why Lee was able to kick out of the destroyer - he's a brute with massive traps and neck; anyone smaller wouldn't have the beef to protect them. They also talked about switching up the order of the moves; maybe hit the destroyer first, explain the kick out, then have Dijakovic go for the moonsault but Lee gets his knees up, hits his moonsault and gets the pinfall.

Makes a lot more sense the way two legends laid it out, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't pop when Lee no-sold the moonsault, picked up Dijak, and hit the ground zero.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seen MJF, which was my main reason for tuning in as sharply as I did. I channel swapped but frankly NXT had the better matches this evening. Starting (smartly) with Adam Cole and Matt Riddle was a huge idea.

Dynamite has pretty good production values overall but broken commercial segments, timing being complete ass and audio issues are plaguing this. I know they will be ironed out in time but hopefully before the end of the month, anything longer would be bad. The matches tonight were very, very average to me. I know it's not a huge PPV but they don't feel all that exciting. The starter was the best one by far. It had a good story also.

The WCW throwback shit was kinda obnoxious with crap like "Remember this..." and Tony's "18 years ago on TNT" comment. You're not WCW, stop relying on something else and present yourself as AEW! You've got the good faith, you've got viewers and promoters so now use them.

The main event was a good dual performance - a match and a promo/segment in one. Not really on board with Hager, never really liked him in WWE in any form either.

We'll see what they do. I assume the end debuted a new faction. I'll keep watching.

Still excited to be going to Dynamite in Charlotte on November 6th though!

Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-02-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    NXT was the better show. It was basically a takeover. Main event matches and surprises.

For a first show, AEW did good. It didn't drag. Pretty quick two hour show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Watched AEW live, will watch NXT later today - I thought Dynamite had some good stuff! I liked the graphics around the W-L-T records thus far so you know who has done well and who needs to establish themselves, especially as the weeks and months go on. It's different, but also good. I thought JR and Schiavone sounded great together and I could tell Tony was happy to be calling actual wrestling and not some of the stuff WCW made him do. I liked that everything happened in the arena and that we didn't have much in the way of backstage skits.

Regarding the WCW feel of things - if it feels different, then it probably is. We're used to the way WWE presents their wrestling with camera shaking and other nonsense so when we get a different presentation, it feels off. But if you want to get technical about WCW presentation comparisons -

The ring is 20x20, which is WWE-sized and not the old 16x16 that WCW used. That makes a huge difference. While WCW used cable ropes and AEW appears to do the same, the apron contrasts nicely instead of the old waterfall of grey that WCW featured with the mat and the apron. Other differences I noticed included the lights on the crowd changing with each match (Cody and Sammy had blue lights, PAC and Page had red lights, etc.), the sound for entrance music was improved and the transitions for the in-ring action worked.

But yeah, great way to start their weekly programming. Adding the former Jack Swagger into the mix will be interesting, especially since it appears he'll be operating as muscle for Jericho right now. It looks like Adam Page is going to be broken down before he's built back up, and I'm really looking forward to Mox and Omega going at it. Interested to see how AEW continues to build up their women's division with Riho as the champ and Nyla Rose, Awesome Kong and Britt Baker gunning for her. Glad to see The Elite, but also glad to see they were brought back down to earth to establish some real threats.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Like you, @ltrandazzo, I’ll be watching NXT tonight. I’ll ask this though because I truly do not get it—what is Baszler’s appeal? She sounds like a wooden deer in the headlights whenever she talks. She cannot work a faster paced match. Candice has more charisma and ability in her pinky. But then again, all of Baszler’s challengers except the Green-EST have been better than she is. Somebody explain this, please.
    While I’m at it, is there a clearer case of Shawn and Marty than The Street Profits? Ford is going places. He’s funny. He can wrestle. Anytime I see Angelo, he looks sluggish at best. He’s been in NXT for a long time. He should be better than he is by now.

On a more positive note, I thought AEW was special from top to bottom, that was what they needed in a opening TV show. MJF is a heat magnet. Cody starting off strong but not running over Sammy. I loved Rhio and Rose. They’re making Pac a real face killer which is cool. Omega and Page have to do soul searching and obviously Omega is going dark while I believe Page will go the Gargano route of being good while upping his intensity. Moxley is a madman and seems so happy now. The main event was a fun clustercuss. I’m interested in this new heel faction. I hope they can make Hager more interesting.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Fuck. I forgot aew premiered last night.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    AEW: 1.4 million
    NXT: 891,000

Damn. Sure it's only one week, but that's impressive. AEW's 18-49 demo was almost NXT's audience (878k). But hell, they've both been good shows.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    So, my law firm is the new sponsor for USA Championship Wrestling events here in Nashville. There's a local defense lawyer who has been in the business for years as a heel manager. He got us the sponsorship gig and a story to go with it. At the show next Thursday, I'm going to make announcements and thank the crowd for coming and talk about our firm being a sponsor and apologize for my boss not being able to be there personally due to prior commitments. The heel lawyer will interrupt me and accuse my boss of being afraid of being upstaged and then knock me out. Boss will show up with me at the next event, and the eventual payoff will be a big multi-person tag match (featuring actual wrestlers along side us of course) where my boss will finally get his hands on the other lawyer after some cat and mouse antics.

I think the plan for Thursday is to get knocked out by a single punch from the lawyer, but I'm going to keep pushing to take an actual (minor) bump from one of the wrestlers if they'll let me.

Jerry Lawyer and Jimmy Hart will be there for the event, so I'm excited to just meet those guys and get some pictures even if I can't expand my roll.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I was so excited to watch AEW last night. It wasn't perfect, but it was a fun, fast paced two hours. The closing angle was so much fun, with SO MANY potential stories coming out of it. Why didn't MJF come out to help Cody? Did we witness the birth of a faction to go head to head with the Elite? Is the backstage table spot with Mox and Omega the straw that breaks the camel's back, causing Kenny to finally snap? Why did I pop so hard for Jack Swagger?
    In all of the end of episode stuff, I also love how the announcers didn't feel the need to try to explain everything to us during the segment; they were just as curious as we the viewers. It really highlighted how terrible the commentary teams on Raw & SmackDown really are, and I'm disappointed with myself that that fact didn't sink in until last night. I'm so looking forward to watching in the future.

Regarding the ratings - does anyone know how the WWE network views of NXT factor into the ratings? If NXT flops on USA, and it goes back to the Network, is that an AEW victory?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It was so god damn nice to watch a wrestling show last night and not feel aggravated and morally compromised.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    AEW: 1.4 million
    NXT: 891,000

Damn. Sure it's only one week, but that's impressive. AEW's 18-49 demo was almost NXT's audience (878k). But hell, they've both been good shows.
    Guess I'm having humble pie tonight.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They did Kofi dirty tonight. Bless that man for doing those favors.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They did Kofi dirty tonight. Bless that man for doing those favors.
    Damn talk about getting JOBBED

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    What else did you expect? Its fucking Lesner. It's probably in the contract that he must be 99% unstoppable. I think it was the right choice. Kofi had a good run with it. Was a great Smackdown

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, Kofi got done dirty for sure. Alright show. Seemed to focus more on introducing the stars to a newer audience and that's about it. Gonna be weird when some of them get drafted to raw.

Cool to see Cain.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    1st time watching WWE in forever. Thought it was okay. Too scripted though for my taste which seems to be what WWE has done for a long time. Even the Rock’s stuff seemed so forced. Lesnar winning in 7 seconds rivals the “Finger poke of doom” for me. Don’t think they kept me interested enough to keep watching. Just my honest opinion.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Lesnar won the belt again?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Lesnar won the belt again
    Fixed that for u

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Severely underwhelmed with SmackDown on Fox. That Lesnar match was an absolute abomination.