Page 432 of 485 FirstFirst ... 332 382 422 430 431 432 433 434 442 482 ... LastLast
Results 12,931 to 12,960 of 14528

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Becky just compared Sasha to Ramsay Bolton and Bayley to Theon Greyjoy and I am DED AND HERE FOR THIS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Very happy to see my friend Wardlow get signed to AEW!
    Skimming this thread while half paying attention to the Bears/Packers I game I read this as Warlord at first...

Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Also, AEW is coming to pittsburgh, not sure if I'm gonna go, unless I can help in someway, I really don't enjoy going to wrestling shows and sitting on the bench.
    I wonder if AEW is going to use "extra talent" like WWE does.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I had to join a queue to buy a ticket and when the map popped up almost 2/3rds of the seats were gone. All floor and ringside seats were gone. They were billed as 90.00. Great deal.

I nabbed a ticket in section 115 Row C. I got my ticket 7 minutes after sale time started. Wild...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, no two ways about it, their queue ticket system sucks. I’m glad you’re going and I hope you have fun.

You lucky bastards get Omega vs Moxley too!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Yeah, no two ways about it, their queue ticket system sucks. I’m glad you’re going and I hope you have fun.

You lucky bastards get Omega vs Moxley too!
    Wooo. Should be great as it’s the last show before November’s PPV, Full Gear, too.

Attending my first PPV Clash of Champions next Sunday and now this AEW show.

fun stuff.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oh I thought you were going to Full Gear. Omega vs Moxley is happening there.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Oh I thought you were going to Full Gear. Omega vs Moxley is happening there.
    Nope, but the last weekly show before the PPV should be action packed.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Social media/his podcast has completely ruined Chris Jericho for me. Holy shit he’s a legitimate douchebag.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What did he do? His podcast is kind of douchey. Are you referring to how he lost his title belt like a dumbass?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Social media/his podcast has completely ruined Chris Jericho for me. Holy shit he’s a legitimate douchebag.
    As a gimmick he lost me at the "Ayatolla of Rocknnnnnrolla!" (followed quickly by "IT! DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!" *the People's eyebrow*) ... so, a while ago. I'm kinda surprised he's doing AEW.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    What did he do? His podcast is kind of douchey. Are you referring to how he lost his title belt like a dumbass?
    His ego is the absolute worst and he went from being legitimately cool to almost devolving into a 14 year old fedora wearing edgelord.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    His ego is the absolute worst and he went from being legitimately cool to almost devolving into a 14 year old fedora wearing edgelord.
    You mean his gimmick?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    He’s my second favorite wrestler of all time and he was really cool to me when I met him in 2007 but yeah, there’s some problematic aspects (he’s a right winger) on the personal side.

Plus, he blocked me on Twitter years ago and I still don’t know why. I’ve never said a bad word about him. This also happened with Cesaro. It was around the time Hogan got outed as a racist and I said a lot about that but who fucking knows?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    October 5th, 2019.

Stay tuned.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like Jericho and he was always a favorite but I feel his look and attitude regressed. When he got the haircut and reinvented himself and kept that charisma to him he was at the pinnacle of his post Y2J (1999-2005) career. Then we had awesome stuff like his light up clothing bullshit, the List and lots of cool stuff.

The moment he started regrowing his hair length (which looks like absolute garbage these days) and changed his ring gear he began to change for the worst to me. His stint in NJPW changed his outlook and personality I feel and his overall attitude (casual listener to his podcast) changed the moment AEW began to form last year.

I'm kinda whatever on him now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I really dig what he did in NJPW. He's a guy who constantly reinvents himself and evolves with the times. Can he be a bit douchey? Yeah. But, how much of that is him working people though? Chris Jericho is a gimmick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just spent 5 mins watching Asuka put a chair together. And I loved every second of it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anthem Sports bought a majority stake in AXS television, which now means IMPACT! will have a more solid television partner than even TNA had with Spike. I'm out of the loop on what they're doing but I guess this means they will be in business with New Japan (which obviously is a draw for AXS).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good for them but IMPACT! Fell off hard years ago. I can’t name a single wrestler that got these days aside from Scarlett Bordeaux from last year, who isn’t even with them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually IMPACT! have been doing very well the last few years. They have a good roster and their Knockouts division is great. Their women’s division has Tessa Blanchard, Rosemary, Su Yung, Taya, Tenille Dashwood, Keira Hogan, Jordynne Grace. Check out the rest of the roster I’m sure you’ll know a lot of names on there. Like Cage, Johnny Impact, RVD, Callihan, Swann.

https://impactwrestling.com/roster/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Impact is pretty decent lately and they do have great guys like Killer Cross, Johnny Impact, Callahan and Tessa Blanchard (she's awesome...), sadly the company has no buzz around it and at this point i think its better for it to dissapear.

Also: i'm sorry if you guys hate this, i find it fuckin' hilarious...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Looks like The Fiend is usind the Mandable Claw as a finisher now?? Fuckin' awesome!!
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-square-garden
    Now he just needs to get his win back over Taker at WM!!!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guessing wwe won't do many shows there if it passes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    And I heard a few weeks ago they were going to do Mania in Los Angeles in 2022.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure if they even plan that ahead tbh. Not sure if they even know where it'll be in 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Asuka is seeing Iron Maiden tonight in Vegas and she's using an edit I made in her tweet!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Does anyone have interest in the PPV tomorrow? I think I'm skipping it. The go home shows this week had some solid wrestling on it in spite of the writing.

Even Austin and Taker are diminishing returns. I know the football game was pretty crazy, but I see that third hour dropping more deeper into fall. Seth, Baron and Shane are not working, but the issue is no one else will either. They've sacrificed everyone at the altar of Roman... and he's stuck against the worst Wyatt member.

Unless you're Cass, they just don't give up on the big guys.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Nope, all I've been watching is 1996 Raws and Fiend promos.