Page 394 of 404 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,820 of 12117

Thread: Professional Wrestling

  1. #11791
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Hulk Hogan is in Saudi Arabia.

    This is a full-on shitshow.

    Nothing like opening the show with "real american"

  2. #11792
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    At least Renee isn't wearing a head cover...

  3. #11793
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Figured I'd share with you the new T-shirt design before I share it anywhere else!

    https://i.imgur.com/XdMBUQP.jpg

    =)

  4. #11794
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    136
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Figured I'd share with you the new T-shirt design before I share it anywhere else!

    https://i.imgur.com/XdMBUQP.jpg

    =)
    Looks awesome for a wrestling shirt. Just make sure Michael Elgin doesn't come after you for stealing the "Unbreakable" moniker ;-)

  5. #11795
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Brock Lesnar wins the Universal title and Shane McMahon won the World Cup.

    What a stupid fucking show.

    AJ vs. Brock announced for Survivor Series along with Seth vs. Nakamura (which they better not fuck with because that could be an amazing match).

  6. #11796
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    I'm happy i didn't pay for it and i'm happy i didn't watch...

  7. #11797
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Oh boy Brock is champ again. How unexciting.

    Hopefully AJ wins. Would be pretty dumb to do the match 2 years in a row with the same outcome.

  8. #11798
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Looks awesome for a wrestling shirt. Just make sure Michael Elgin doesn't come after you for stealing the "Unbreakable" moniker ;-)
    Thank you! haha! fun fact, the name of the show I got injured on was "unbreakable" and the poster had the shattered glass effect, so we're paying homage to the irony of getting broken on a show called "unbreakable"

  9. #11799
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,805
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Hulk Hogan is in Saudi Arabia.

    This is a full-on shitshow.
    His clip on YouTube is all Iím gonna watch of this show. I found it especially hilarious when his theme song hit and ďI am a Real AmericanĒ was belted out in the Saudi stadium. Absolutely hysterical.

  10. #11800
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    His clip on YouTube is all I’m gonna watch of this show. I found it especially hilarious when his theme song hit and “I am a Real American” was belted out in the Saudi stadium. Absolutely hysterical.
    It looks like Kurt Angle had a full entrance as well with red white and blue fireworks. Looks like the flag was confined to the ring posts and not the tron, though.

  11. #11801
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,149
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Brrrrrock! Lllllllesnar!

    That's my guy

  12. #11802
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,805
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Lesnar won? Iím not even surprised anymore. I legitimately donít even care about the Universal Championship and I pretend it doesnít exist. Its existence literally doesnít mean anything. Itís just part of Lesnarís gimmick at this point and an excuse for people to feud with him.

    They should just throw Braun away at this point, they clearly have no desire to give him the title.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-02-2018 at 05:49 PM.

  13. #11803
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dela-where?
    Posts
    779
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Crown What?

    Watching this week's episode of NXT and am reminded that Montez Ford = star. Can't wait for him to cut the dead weight that is Angelo Dawkins and shine.

  14. #11804
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,805
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Resident ETS Bliss mega fan post 11/5/2018

    WWE Network uploaded the match Alexa and Sasha had at Abu Dhabi. I can't wait to watch the match sometime this week when I get free time.

    I also love that she's captain of the RAW Women's Team for the Classic Survivor Series Match. She also looked amazing in business attire.

    However, I hate to be a real downer or a hypochondriac but seeing her take to the sidelines for Mickie and Alicia has me thinking negatively. That, along with not being in a match since Hell in a Cell has given me bad feeling about her future. It all seems like deja vu to Paige's retirement earlier this year. I'm probably overreacting but the ambiguous nature of not giving details on the injuries and yanking her out of action and the Evolution match (now Survivor Series) is unsettling. She worked a house show this weekend so if things were dire I don't see that being a thing. She didn't get physical in it though. Maybe they're being cautious. Who knows. I would just be gutted and hate if her career got cut short, especially from someone like Ronda Lousy, who won't be involved long term in WWE anyways.

    Sigh. (Edit: That totally reads like a doomsday scenario and I am overdramatic haha)



    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-05-2018 at 08:53 PM.

  15. #11805
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,354
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Man everything Becky Lynch is doing has been (straight) fire lately! She is must see TV. Too bad she's going to lose to Rhonda

  16. #11806
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    it's impressive how popular Becky has become (and not thanks to a great WWE booking), i always liked her but i'm afraid they will "tone-down" her reaction in favor of Rhonda.

  17. #11807
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,805
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    it's impressive how popular Becky has become (and not thanks to a great WWE booking), i always liked her but i'm afraid they will "tone-down" her reaction in favor of Rhonda.
    Gonna be honest even as a passerby fan of her this new "The Man" person sucks. I don't care for it.

    Speaking about Lynch and SmackDown! I just bought house show tickets for January 5th, 2019 in Greensboro!

  18. #11808
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mexico City
    Posts
    4,956
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Gonna be honest even as a passerby fan of her this new "The Man" person sucks. I don't care for it.
    She's over doing it a bit, but wheter you like her or not she's one of the most popular acts on the company right now.
    Whats funny to me, it's how hard she tries get heat; she's clearly a very nice person. i can see why poeple like her so much... (i'm among those people)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 11-09-2018 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo

  19. #11809
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Re: Alexa Bliss' concussion and Ronda Rousey (tagging @Space Suicide now)

    I completely forgot that Survivor Series was next weekend with everything around Evolution and Crown Jewel. Completely slipped my mind that we were so close, so with that being said, I get why they're keeping Alexa out of the ring since it's so close to her concussion diagnosis from before Evolution. Better safe than sorry and with WM season coming up, they likely want Alexa ready to compete.

    I do not think Alexa Bliss has been sacrificed to get Ronda Rousey over. Yes, she was squashed at Summerslam, but she was then able to get major upper hands on Rousey at HIAC (which led to the infamous image of Alexa screaming at Ronda and holding her face like a Disney villain), similar to what happened in her match against Nia Jax at WM34. When you play a heel, you eventually get your comeuppance, and that's something that Lexi Kaufman learned coming up in the business. That's how pro wrestling goes. Alexa Bliss is the first ever woman to win both current women's titles and is a five-time champion. And at the end of the day, no one is more protective of Alexa Bliss than Lexi Kaufman, so there's always that to remember.

    Now, let's talk about Ronda. I don't think Ronda is an unsafe ring worker, especially because she's had matches throwing around Stephanie McMahon, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Ruby Riott and now Nikki Bella. This doesn't include tag matches against the Riott Squad either. 4 out of 5 of those women have not had major injuries from working with Rousey (that we know of), and if it started coming out that WWE and the other women were concerned about Rousey's ring work, do you think they would continue pushing her through the roster and that they'd still want to work with her?

    In-ring accidents happen. It is a risk you take when you are in this business and while you need to have the full trust of the other person you're in the ring with, accidents can still happen. Brie Bella can concuss you because she fucked up her timing. Sasha Banks can deliver a kick to the back that triggers a career-ending injury that was lying dormant for years. Owen Hart can drop you on your head while performing a move he's done countless times before. Samoa Joe can accidentally end your career delivering a move he's delivered countless times before. Seth Rollins can deliver a move that ends your career after he's delivered that move to countless other people. These. Things. Happen. And they happen regardless of how much care you take in the ring.

    Ronda Rousey can be a number of different things whether you like her or not, but so far, she has not been proven to be anymore unsafe than any of the other wrestlers in that locker room.

  20. #11810
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,805
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Re: Alexa Bliss' concussion and Ronda Rousey (tagging @Space Suicide now)

    I completely forgot that Survivor Series was next weekend with everything around Evolution and Crown Jewel. Completely slipped my mind that we were so close, so with that being said, I get why they're keeping Alexa out of the ring since it's so close to her concussion diagnosis from before Evolution. Better safe than sorry and with WM season coming up, they likely want Alexa ready to compete.

    I do not think Alexa Bliss has been sacrificed to get Ronda Rousey over. Yes, she was squashed at Summerslam, but she was then able to get major upper hands on Rousey at HIAC (which led to the infamous image of Alexa screaming at Ronda and holding her face like a Disney villain), similar to what happened in her match against Nia Jax at WM34. When you play a heel, you eventually get your comeuppance, and that's something that Lexi Kaufman learned coming up in the business. That's how pro wrestling goes. Alexa Bliss is the first ever woman to win both current women's titles and is a five-time champion. And at the end of the day, no one is more protective of Alexa Bliss than Lexi Kaufman, so there's always that to remember.

    Now, let's talk about Ronda. I don't think Ronda is an unsafe ring worker, especially because she's had matches throwing around Stephanie McMahon, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Ruby Riott and now Nikki Bella. This doesn't include tag matches against the Riott Squad either. 4 out of 5 of those women have not had major injuries from working with Rousey (that we know of), and if it started coming out that WWE and the other women were concerned about Rousey's ring work, do you think they would continue pushing her through the roster and that they'd still want to work with her?

    In-ring accidents happen. It is a risk you take when you are in this business and while you need to have the full trust of the other person you're in the ring with, accidents can still happen. Brie Bella can concuss you because she fucked up her timing. Sasha Banks can deliver a kick to the back that triggers a career-ending injury that was lying dormant for years. Owen Hart can drop you on your head while performing a move he's done countless times before. Samoa Joe can accidentally end your career delivering a move he's delivered countless times before. Seth Rollins can deliver a move that ends your career after he's delivered that move to countless other people. These. Things. Happen. And they happen regardless of how much care you take in the ring.

    Ronda Rousey can be a number of different things whether you like her or not, but so far, she has not been proven to be anymore unsafe than any of the other wrestlers in that locker room.
    The comeuppance came but nothing changed. Her character moved on and nothing was gained or taken away from it besides the title. The mandatory rematch clause match was a filler match anyways. Ronda's booking makes any match she's in filler at this point because unless there's fuckery involved she will never lose. As for her being safe for Survivor Series I dig the captain moniker but honestly its a Big 4 PPV where she isn't competing, which last year at the event she had one of her best matches in her career (to me) in Charlotte Flair. Just sucks ontop of being taken out of a high profile match a month prior and not really being involved in the show. She's the only reason I watch RAW if I'm honest.

    As for the unsafe comment I know accidents and things can occur. I'm not disputing that but 3 separate injuries to the same superstar is a warning sign and maybe indicates to stop pairing them up in matches, especially when their on air feud concluded. Who knows, it could all be fictional kayfabe shit too after minor injuries or scrapes. You don't know with this company anymore.

  21. #11811
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    First design is posted. More to come later!

    Www.prowrestlingtees.com/xshawnxphoenix

  22. #11812
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,805
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    First design is posted. More to come later!

    Www.prowrestlingtees.com/xshawnxphoenix
    I assume that's your scan?

    What's the next bulletpoint on the back? A nuclear holocaust?

  23. #11813
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I assume that's your scan?

    What's the next bulletpoint on the back? A nuclear holocaust?

    Yup, both skulls on the front and back of the shirt are my actual xrays!
    The bullet points are every injury I received from the accident.

  24. #11814
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    “EVERYONE’S TOUGH TIL THE MAN COMES AROUND.”

    Becky. Fucking. Lynch. That was epic. I think Becky ascended tonight.

  25. #11815
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Finally, Nia's amateurism had a beneficial effect! Becky played it off really well.

  26. #11816
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Finally, Nia's amateurism had a beneficial effect! Becky played it off really well.
    Jury is out because Twitter sleuths are split on if it was Dana or Nia that added the color. Also, who says this wasn't pre-planned? VKM can get all huffy about unapproved color, but that could also be a front to keep the sponsors appeased since it happens infrequently. Regardless, this was epic and Becky is SUPER over at this point. WWE can book this smart for her showdown with Ronda and make sure their match ends in a result that helps both women in the long run.

  27. #11817
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    2,159
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Sing along to her theme,

    “She’s Slow Rockscousin!
    And she should learn to wrestle
    then pick up the pace in the ring
    lucky for she
    she’s Slow Rockscousin!”

    For once, Volband and I agree. Mark it on the calendar! At least Nia’s sloppy ass only helped solidify Becky as the most interesting performer on the roster. Of course, WWE will fuck it up and either have Ronda go over clean or have lots of shenanigans cheapen a Becky win.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-13-2018 at 09:31 AM.

  28. #11818
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,116
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Nia is finally good for something. I won't be shocked if it doesn't happen. But, Rousey and Lynch should main event.

  29. #11819
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    1,121
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Jury is out because Twitter sleuths are split on if it was Dana or Nia that added the color. Also, who says this wasn't pre-planned? VKM can get all huffy about unapproved color, but that could also be a front to keep the sponsors appeased since it happens infrequently. Regardless, this was epic and Becky is SUPER over at this point. WWE can book this smart for her showdown with Ronda and make sure their match ends in a result that helps both women in the long run.
    I could believe that the two girls planned it, but not WWE. If WWE wanted to risk color, they would've made Ronda do it, and made a huge fuss about it with all the cameras in the world focusing on it. It's quite the waste to make some "random" Raw girl skull-crush Becky in such a hot feud during the week of the PPV.

    Anyway, if it was not planned, then someone should seriously step their foot down in the women's department, because the last couple of weeks were atrocious regarding their safety. The same people seem to keep harming their workmates, and that's not cool.

    I do wish now though that their match will have color. It's the first women's match in a long time where I feel some blood would absolutely match both ruthless characters, and no matter who wins, both can keep their heat after a hard-fought battle.

  30. #11820
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    1,237
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Sing along to her theme,

    “She’s Slow Rockscousin!
    And she should learn to wrestle
    then pick up the pace in the ring
    lucky for she
    she’s Slow Rockscousin!”

    For once, Volband and I agree. Mark it on the calendar! At least Nia’s sloppy ass only helped solidify Becky as the most interesting performer on the roster. Of course, WWE will fuck it up and either have Ronda go over clean or have lots of shenanigans cheapen a Becky win.
    Nice fat shaming.

    ... Anyway, yes, Becky and Ronda need to main event this thing. I don't think the men's SS match adds match and needs to be in the main event, so let's defer AJ vs Brock to the sub and put Ronda and Becky as the main event. They've earned it. I'm also keeping in mind that the Austin comparisons are good and what needs to be remembered is that Austin lost that match against Brett at WM13. I could see an outcome similar to this, especially if this serves to kickstart the 4HW feud.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions