Page 389 of 483 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 439 ... LastLast
Results 11,641 to 11,670 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement to do a random Tag Team match, what a joke!
    god i'm starting to hate this "Saudi business relationship" (i know WWE loves it!)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 10-09-2018 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Shawn Michaels coming out of retiremnt to do a random Tag Team match, what a joke!
    god i'm starting to hate this "Saudi business relationship" (i know WWE loves it!)
    I hate it for this and other reasons. However, rumors are persisting that Shawn is going to be wrestling Undertaker in a singles match as early as Survivor Series and as late as WM35. Grains of salt and whatnot, but it'd make sense to hold his BIG return to a much larger event.

Also, as someone who grew up watching this shit in the late 90s, I am having difficulty reconciling that DX now has merch with "two sweet" hands on it. I know, The Kliq and all that, but I associated that with the nWo for so long that it's still weird to me.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    yeah, i don't remember ever seeing DX doing the "two sweet" sign on TV.

X pac did "the horns" from time to time, but it was just him...

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    ZOMG ,you guys have to fucking watch this. I remember back in the days there was ONE dude I knew of who did this shit: I forget his name. Necro something? He was in the movie The Wrestler.
    Now there are a fuckton of people ready to do barbed wire and broken glass matches and have REAL, heavy chairs broken over their heads and get stabbed with bbq skewers and other sharp objects that they wind up having a hard time pulling out.

You guys probably already knew about this, but if you didn't, you've GOT to see this shit. Also, you can show it to your friends who complain about wrestling being fake

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My main issue is that he was so consistent. Rejected so many offers. And when he does, it's for a throwaway show for the Saudis. It's just weird and doesn't feel right. I wonder if there's more than one left in him. I'm thinking he's got a mania match.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I get that it makes sense for Shawn to come out of retirement and build towards an Undertaker match but fuck I want to see him face AJ, Daniel Bryan, Seth Rollins, or Nakamura. Especially that DB match, the story would just be perfect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    it's for a throwaway show for the Saudis.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    She hasn't been in a match since HIAC, and now that they've combined the two singles matches into one tells me that they A) are guaranteeing Alexa's involvement by protecting her with a tag match B) guaranteeing that she doesn't sit this one out like she did the Rumble match and C) they still want to protect her long term interests and avoid her becoming the next Daniel Bryan, injurywise.

As soon as I read that she was experiencing numbness in her arm, that instantly reminded me of the original Daniel Bryan injury post-WM 30. I expect this tag match to still be good as the nostalgia factor will be high, but I also expect that Trish and Lita are going to head in there to make Alexa and Mickie look damn good as well. It's still a good thing.
    I know. Potential is still there for it to be good but it cheapens her win if she does manage to win as there was help and others involved. I know for a fact she'll be pushed to the least amount of airtime during the match also since it's a blast from the past match. I want to be positive but it just disappoints me on so many levels.

Ding-a-ling Meltzer claims it was meant to be a Tag match all along to drive up early sales before the main event announcement it was touted as a singles match for early speculation and hype. Yeah because we all REALLY wanted to see Ronda Rousey vs Nikki Bella in the main event all along. Piss off. I'm not a WWE hater but some of the stuff they do really irks me.

I don't buy that bullshit for a second. It's too random and weird how this timeline went and I still don't know what to think of the injury or not because they flat out do not report anything to the public. I get it but injuries to peoples' favorite superstars is something that shouldn't be used in kayfabe with as loosey goosey as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Shawn Michaels coming out of retirement to do a random Tag Team match, what a joke!
    Saudi Blood Money pays for everything don't you know?

In fact it's such a hefty sum of money that it'll allow the Saudi Royalty to make their own fantasy matches, even if the participants are has beens from 25 years ago. I love all 4 men but in 2018 I have ZERO interest.

My main issue is that he was so consistent. Rejected so many offers. And when he does, it's for a throwaway show for the Saudis. It's just weird and doesn't feel right. I wonder if there's more than one left in him. I'm thinking he's got a mania match.
    Rumor has it him and Undertaker have another "Final" match at Survivor Series.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Hey dudes and babes.
    I broke my skull on the 6th. I did a 450 splash off the top to the outside through a table and either hit my head on the floor or guardrail leg. I have no memory of the flip what so ever. I've been in the hospital since..it sucks here. My ref visited me and told me he knew I was hurt when I didn't convey the iggy.. and he grabbed my head to support it and i covered his hands in blood and seized up. (i would find out that I was bleeding from my ear canal.) If you guys want to know the whole story, I'll gladly share the events up till current events

I love you all. I will be ok.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    broke my skull on the 6th.
    Jeeze, that sounds brutal. Glad you're going to be alright, sounds like it could have been much worse.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Moving along - was that a double turn for Bobby Lashley and Kevin Owens? Interested to see if that goes anywhere.
    Well, it goes somewhere for Lashley because Owens could be out with a legit knee injury anywhere from 4-8 months. I read that they're hoping it's a cleanup operation and nothing more serious, but he's been putting this off for a while apparently. They needed a heel to replace Owens, hence the double switch. They played that well with pro-Owens Chicago crowd.

I'd be interested to see if KO comes back as a babyface after this. He's a great villain, but could be money as a sympathetic tweener.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Hey dudes and babes.
    I broke my skull on the 6th. I did a 450 splash off the top to the outside through a table and either hit my head on the floor or guardrail leg. I have no memory of the flip what so ever. I've been in the hospital since..it sucks here. My ref visited me and told me he knew I was hurt when I didn't convey the iggy.. and he grabbed my head to support it and i covered his hands in blood and seized up. (i would find out that I was bleeding from my ear canal.) If you guys want to know the whole story, I'll gladly share the events up till current events

I love you all. I will be ok.
    Wishing you a speedy and full recovery

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just found out I'll never hear from my left ear ever again, lot of bad news today, when I have some down time I'll fill you all in.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Just found out I'll never hear from my left ear ever again, lot of bad news today, when I have some down time I'll fill you all in.
    Bummer man, take care...

In other news:

The Crown Jewel Event seems to be in danger...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Jesus man. Please take it easy and I hope everything else is OK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yikes. This is terrible news. Sending good wishes and hoping for better news for you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I know I'm not the only one here who has been keeping you in my thoughts and sending good vibes your way, but I hope things are going well for you and you're recovering well.

On the topic of Crown Jewel - it would be rad if the women boycotted/held Crown Jewel hostage by refusing to perform unless WWE cancels Crown Jewel.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So, I'm finally home, finally have down time so now it's time for storytime. First things first, the show was IWC on October 6th, about 30 minutes from my house (Thank god!). IWC is the new company i wrestle for in the pittsburgh area..I just debuted there like two months ago as a surprise 3rd babyface in a storyline where the heels are killing off one dude's friends. This isn't MY storyline. I am an additional piece to this, and I'm okay with that.. That being said, I was unavaible for the November shows..I felt bad, but it worked out, as the heels were killing off the babyface's friends. Perfect. it worked out ! The plan was me to be killed off in October, and whenver the blowoff happens in december, all the babyfaces that were killed off are going to appear as somewhat of "ghosts of the past" while the heels try to leave, surrounding them.. I LOVE it. Can't wait for it..but anyway.. Oct time, I came up with the idea of doing a 450 off the top through a table on the outside, then the heels capatalizing like sharks smelling blood in the water. So, match ends, and it's time to do the spot, the table is set up, dude is laying down on it, I go to jump and the next thing I know, I'm laying down surrounded by a ton of people.. I remember asking "am I going to die?" they said no...I remember saying "I'm gonna throw up" and I threw up a ton of blood right on the floor.. I was then put on a board, and then a stretcher and taken to an ambulance. I was in the ambulance for about 5 minutes..then next thing I knew i was being loaded into a helecopter and flown to a hospital. It seemed like a minute, I was then out of the air and being taken into the hospital.. They said they needed to cut my gear off which I refused and said I'd refuse medical treatement if they did) so I simply took my trunks off and laid they bare naked until they got me a gown. (gear is expensive, guys!) They took me into a CT scan..and once I was out, I threw up again. Then they took me to my room where my family was. I was there for a little bit, my family asking me if I knew what was going on..they asked me where I was, what day it was, etc. I was correctly answering every question, which is good! Next thing I know, doctor comes in and tells me I have broken my skull and had a small bleed in my brain. I didn't believe it..Cause I still don't know what really happened! They moved me to a new room where I'd be for the remainder of my time. It turns out, when I did the 450, i didn't hit the table as flush as I'd hope, it was too close and I came CRASHING down and hit my head hard on the cement. I broke my temporal lobe area, and broke all the bones in my ear canal..because of this, I lost the hearing in my ear and whill never hear again..which sucks, but it's a small price to pay! While in the hospital, my ear was constantly leaking fluid..we did some tests and found out it was spinal fluid, so I needed to get a cathedir inserted into my spine..THAT sucked..but that helped. All through out the time in the hospital, they'd be asking me questions and such...and I'm happy to report that i have NO SIGN of an apparent concussion...I don't know how..but I don't..SO I did NOT need to transfer hospitals to go to in-patient physical therapy! I was released from the hospital on Friday the 12th and went straight home!! Doc said he wanted me to get into the ring asap just to stand in it, to make sure I didn't have any PTSD..so I was home for an hour and went to the ring and got in..no issues!!
    All in all, I feel great, the only issues are stemmed from the ear issues.. Lack of hearing sucks..and my equilibrium is thrown off..but I can walk on my own (Which surprised my doctors and nurses)
    I will over come this. <3
    I apologize if this read didn't flow or anything..theres a lot to cram into one post haha!
    I've been updating everyone on my twitter, so please feel free to join me on my journey on there <3 @xshawnxphoenix

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, I'm finally home, finally have down time so now it's time for storytime. First things first, the show was IWC on October 6th, about 30 minutes from my house (Thank god!). IWC is the new company i wrestle for in the pittsburgh area..I just debuted there like two months ago as a surprise 3rd babyface in a storyline where the heels are killing off one dude's friends. This isn't MY storyline. I am an additional piece to this, and I'm okay with that.. That being said, I was unavaible for the November shows..I felt bad, but it worked out, as the heels were killing off the babyface's friends. Perfect. it worked out ! The plan was me to be killed off in October, and whenver the blowoff happens in december, all the babyfaces that were killed off are going to appear as somewhat of "ghosts of the past" while the heels try to leave, surrounding them.. I LOVE it. Can't wait for it..but anyway.. Oct time, I came up with the idea of doing a 450 off the top through a table on the outside, then the heels capatalizing like sharks smelling blood in the water. So, match ends, and it's time to do the spot, the table is set up, dude is laying down on it, I go to jump and the next thing I know, I'm laying down surrounded by a ton of people.. I remember asking "am I going to die?" they said no...I remember saying "I'm gonna throw up" and I threw up a ton of blood right on the floor.. I was then put on a board, and then a stretcher and taken to an ambulance. I was in the ambulance for about 5 minutes..then next thing I knew i was being loaded into a helecopter and flown to a hospital. It seemed like a minute, I was then out of the air and being taken into the hospital.. They said they needed to cut my gear off which I refused and said I'd refuse medical treatement if they did) so I simply took my trunks off and laid they bare naked until they got me a gown. (gear is expensive, guys!) They took me into a CT scan..and once I was out, I threw up again. Then they took me to my room where my family was. I was there for a little bit, my family asking me if I knew what was going on..they asked me where I was, what day it was, etc. I was correctly answering every question, which is good! Next thing I know, doctor comes in and tells me I have broken my skull and had a small bleed in my brain. I didn't believe it..Cause I still don't know what really happened! They moved me to a new room where I'd be for the remainder of my time. It turns out, when I did the 450, i didn't hit the table as flush as I'd hope, it was too close and I came CRASHING down and hit my head hard on the cement. I broke my temporal lobe area, and broke all the bones in my ear canal..because of this, I lost the hearing in my ear and whill never hear again..which sucks, but it's a small price to pay! While in the hospital, my ear was constantly leaking fluid..we did some tests and found out it was spinal fluid, so I needed to get a cathedir inserted into my spine..THAT sucked..but that helped. All through out the time in the hospital, they'd be asking me questions and such...and I'm happy to report that i have NO SIGN of an apparent concussion...I don't know how..but I don't..SO I did NOT need to transfer hospitals to go to in-patient physical therapy! I was released from the hospital on Friday the 12th and went straight home!! Doc said he wanted me to get into the ring asap just to stand in it, to make sure I didn't have any PTSD..so I was home for an hour and went to the ring and got in..no issues!!
    All in all, I feel great, the only issues are stemmed from the ear issues.. Lack of hearing sucks..and my equilibrium is thrown off..but I can walk on my own (Which surprised my doctors and nurses)
    I apologize if this read didn't flow or anything..theres a lot to cram into one post haha!
    I've been updating everyone on my twitter, so please feel free to join me on my journey on there <3 @xshawnxphoenix
    Man, you're lucky. Could've been a whole lot worse. What are you going to do now? Continue? If so, don't rush back.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Wise words from Jason:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow. It's amazing that you came out of everything as well as it seems you have. I hope things continue to go well for you!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Man, you're lucky. Could've been a whole lot worse. What are you going to do now? Continue? If so, don't rush back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graceless View Post
    Wow. It's amazing that you came out of everything as well as it seems you have. I hope things continue to go well for you!

VERY lucky it's not worse! I'm 100% going to come back. I FEEL great, the only issue is occasional headaches and my balance is a bit wonky..I've got physical therapy next week..so hopefully we'll find out a time table!

I'm HOPING to be in the ring by Nov...I'm feeling good and I feel like if I think positive and work hard, it may be possible..BUT if the doctor says otherwise..I'll follow their lead..and at least I'll be able to say "yeah, that was an unrealistic goal anyway"

that being said..I DO have footage..I'm NOT allowed to post it anywhere..but if anyone wants to see it out of morbid curiosity..shoot me a message on facebook and I'll send on there!

@xshawnphoenix
    www.facebook.com/xshawnxphoenix

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    If you are a fan that is frustrated with WWE being too much about comedy and not enough serious wrestling then we got some potentially good news for you.

As reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, FOX is going to position Smackdown Live as part of a weekend sports block with the NFL airing on Thursday, WWE on Friday, and the NFL on Sunday. I don’t know what they will air on Saturday but I would presume Saturday will include college football games.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that FOX wants Smackdown Live to be less about comedy and they want the show more in a sports direction.

Of course, Vince McMahon loves to include comedic elements into his shows but they will have to adjust to what FOX wants because they are looking at having their sports people on different shows to heavily promote Smackdown Live and the network wants to give them something athletically-oriented to promote.

Smackdown Live will premiere next October on FOX from 8-10 pm and there has been talk of adding a recap/studio show airing on Saturday on sister network Fox Sports 1.

News from The Wrestling Observer website was used in this post. For more on this story please visit WrestlingObserver.com. Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez’ WrestlingObserver.com is the leading source for professional wrestling news. Click here for subscription information. Members get exclusive access to insider news from Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez, daily audio shows, breaking news audio, the Wrestling Observer newsletter, newsletter archives, thousands of hours of archived radio shows, and much more.
    http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/fox...e-sports-like/

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I got no problem with comedy in the WWE, it's just that most of the time it's BAD comedy, but i'm up for a more "wrestling oriented" show...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Concerning the Saudi show, you think now would be a good time for the talent, who are understandably not excited at all to go perform there, to pull the "independent contractor" card now. Probably won't happen, but Christ something has got to give.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: WWE's ladies should refuse to perform at Evolution until the Saudi show is cancelled.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Concerning the Saudi show, you think now would be a good time for the talent, who are understandably not excited at all to go perform there, to pull the "independent contractor" card now. Probably won't happen, but Christ something has got to give.
    I think Meltzer laid this out accurately the other day - the veterans won't do it because they're too close to Vince, the younger talent won't do it because they'll be burned by the company. It shouldn't take the female talent to take this stand because the company should've thought this through before getting into bed with Saudi Arabia.

They need to cancel the show and potentially pull out of the deal. Take the hit. It's the right thing to do. This nonsense from Orton and JBL and treating SA like it's a third world country is ridiculous. It's not. They have mountains of oil money and are only now realizing through Vision 2030 that they need to change their economy to be dependent on other energy or become a third world country. Murdering a journalist has no price tag assigned to it so SA shouldn't be able to buy their way out of this mess that they created.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I think Meltzer laid this out accurately the other day - the veterans won't do it because they're too close to Vince, the younger talent won't do it because they'll be burned by the company. It shouldn't take the female talent to take this stand because the company should've thought this through before getting into bed with Saudi Arabia.

They need to cancel the show and potentially pull out of the deal. Take the hit. It's the right thing to do. This nonsense from Orton and JBL and treating SA like it's a third world country is ridiculous. It's not. They have mountains of oil money and are only now realizing through Vision 2030 that they need to change their economy to be dependent on other energy or become a third world country. Murdering a journalist has no price tag assigned to it so SA shouldn't be able to buy their way out of this mess that they created.
    Crowl Jewel will still happen. Not sure if you've paid attention but they name drop the show on air but have completely removed stating where it is taking place. "This is happening at Crown Jewel ___________." They removed the Riyadh, Saudi Arabia part. I think this will be the last show they do since it's built and ready to go already however I expect them to pull out of the contract right afterwards. Unless they call it off months later after the event that is. If they don't pull out and things cool down they'll have another show.

I'll use this to go on a small rant on highlighting why this country is still as profitable as it is.

Honestly, Saudi Arabia have been a real piece of shit to the world at large and are responsible for many atrocities along with largely being responsible for the disaster we know today as 9/11. Most of the foreign hijackers that day were of Saudi ascent and actually secretly backed by the Saudi Government during the flight school training and arranging travel. The entire terrorist attack (whether you are a conspiracy theorist or believe the "real" story) should've resulted in the US pointing the finger at Saudi Arabia, whom backed Al Qaeda. However Bush and Co. went after Iraq of all places, to deal with "Saddam and his Weapons of Destruction" or whatever you wanna slap that label on.

However in the west the desire to keep oil relations and positive "outlooks" in the relationship has cause the US to turn a blind eye to this horrible country. The issues with the Saudi Arabian Government and the US dates way back prior to 2000 as well but somehow they're always "glanced" over or downplayed. I hate to be this way but the current issues with Khashoggi will weather and be forgotten as if nothing happened. Until the oil dries up the entire world will allow this awful country to exist as they do now. Once the oil is gone we'll see who are real allies and friends.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-19-2018 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Oh my god Roman has Leukemia.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I HATE Roman Reigns but I still have a heart to feel bad to see/hear about this news and his title relinquishment. Hope he gets better soon. Who else will I boo?