Page 388 of 485 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 438 ... LastLast
Results 11,611 to 11,640 of 14527

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ah, remember a week ago, wrestling Twitter, when you were pissy with me about her shitty dives?

How do those words taste today?

The Bellas are politicking dimwit divas that cant wrestle for shit nor are they capable of speaking well. AJ Lee had it right with her pipe bomb promo. They do not belong anymore.
    And no, that doesn’t mean I’m a women’s wrestling hater. Sorry! I like good wrestlers like Sasha, Becky, Bayley, Candice, Ruby, Kairi and many many more. Nice try.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think the knee might've missed Zelina. She seemed fine later that night. I didn't watch the whole match. But, people are saying Ruby gave a receipt for Liv at some point.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-25-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Sarah Logan's reaction as Brie dragged Liv to the corner was rough. Apparently Liv was on autopilot when she ran back in for that triple suplex, which was wild. The ref almost missed a count because he was checking on Liv, so the whole situation was a shitshow.

Nikki has been fine, but they need to pull back on Brie after she almost killed herself twice with those two suicide dives and now this. She's gonna hurt herself really badly or someone else. Brie earned that receipt from Ruby if she gave her one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The iconic glass shatter of Stone Cold's theme used to signal destruction was headed your way. Now in 2018 we have this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to The Empress! Here are just some of Asuka's matches I really enjoy from her pre WWE days.

Kana vs. Kyoko Kimura 8/16/08
    https://dai.ly/x60c9le

Kana vs. Arisa Nakajima 8/18/13
    https://dai.ly/x19awcf

Kana vs. Syuri 12/26/14
    https://dai.ly/x2eip2i

Kana vs. Meiko Satomura 2/13/11
    Last edited by quietime; 09-26-2018 at 10:42 AM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Man, i really like Liv, those kicks were atrocious, fuck Brie!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The other thing - WWE really needs to put a protocol in place for when an injury like that happens. They do it in UFC and other MMA sports - stop the match to allow the ref to attend to the injured person until the trainer arrives. That ref was in a tough spot trying to manage the action while also trying to keep eyes on Liv until the trainers got out there to the point that he missed a pin count and was being shouted at by some of the wrestlers.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

A good listen

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    The other thing - WWE really needs to put a protocol in place for when an injury like that happens. They do it in UFC and other MMA sports - stop the match to allow the ref to attend to the injured person until the trainer arrives. That ref was in a tough spot trying to manage the action while also trying to keep eyes on Liv until the trainers got out there to the point that he missed a pin count and was being shouted at by some of the wrestlers.
    They were more worried about getting their finish. They did kind of try to take her out. Autopilot also kicked in and no one was watching her. Someone should've come out and brought her to the back. But they didn't. Instead, she goes back into the ring and takes that triple suplex.

I'm fine with them continuing the match. But someone should've come out to get her.

Crossing my fingers the Bellas will be gone after Evolution. They're the drizzling shits. Particularly Brie and how unsafe and reckless she's been. And she has all these people sticking up for her. Did they even watch it? Or any of her other matches since coming back? There's an obvious pattern here and it's a problem. Maybe that receipt she got from ruby sorted her out. Wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    IT'S BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

I will ignore the age mess up (Alexa would've been 9 in 2000 not 7 when Trish debuted if that was the earliest they would've met) but that was awesome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As good as the Moment of Bliss is, this is just awesome. Cheap heat or not, Seattle was fired UP:

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    As good as the Moment of Bliss is, this is just awesome. Cheap heat or not, Seattle was fired UP:
    That was good and all but the fact you have to insult local sports teams to get that as a reaction is lame. Was definitely cheap. He said a passer by mention of a “who gives a shit” basketball team.

Hopefully both get pushes they deserve as a result of that.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That was good and all but the fact you have to insult local sports teams to get that as a reaction is lame. Was definitely cheap. He said a passer by mention of a “who gives a shit” basketball team.

Hopefully both get pushes they deserve as a result of that.
    Cheap, Nuclear, damn near ATOMIC heat. That crowd cheered them at first and then turned on them that instant. And isn't any heat good heat, especially when you're tweeners like Elias and KO? I thought it was great.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    And Elias' reactions were perfect. Beetween his facials and things like telling production to turn his mic up he did really well here.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I want to see a small independent show SO bad- like the sort of thing that a lot of stars start out doing and eventually end up doing again. I LOVE the idea of being seriously up close, watching wrestlers who aren't making much money and are doing it because they love it.

I had a chance to see Demolition headline a little bitty show at like, I think, the community college gym in Amarillo. Dudes were staying at the same cheap hotel as me and tickets were like $10, and the promoter personally asked me to come during a random.conversation we had over the free continental breakfast. It was just like that Card Subject to Change documentary. Something came up and I couldn't make it, BUT, I expected, there would be plenty.more.chances to see such things. Unfortunately, however, that was at least 3 years ago and I've not heard of a show in the Texas panhandle since then (which is fucking sad for a town steeped in wrestling history the way Amarillo is.)
    Yes,.WWE shows come through now and then, but for some reason, that isn't exciting to me at all.
    I guess I want the stripped down version of the thing.
    I've got my fingers crossed for another tiny independent show, damnit! Wish me luck.

Edit: And, HOT DAMN! There is a VERY tiny venue in Amarillo that features a a promotion called Top of Texas Pro Wrestling EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT, and tix are $10.
    Bad ass!!! I can't fucking wait: I've been wanting to do this for years!

And I also just realized it's part of NWA.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-04-2018 at 07:37 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    AAW will be in Austin next weekend. You should go.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone watching the Mae Young Classic this year?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    AAW will be in Austin next weekend. You should go.
    I wish I could easily go to things in Austin. I live in the northernmost town in Texas though: Austin is like a ten hour drive. I'm WAY closer to Denver.

I look forward to this NWA thing in Amarillo though.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I am watching.
    So far so good, i love new girls like Io Shirai and i was happy to see Kaitlyn again (looking hotter than ever!).
    Overall it has been better than last year's tournament, i'm glad they also brought back last year competitors like Mia Yim and Rhea Ripley.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Of course. Pretty good so far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Boy oh boy does THIS get me thinking...

Could we be looking at a future WWE network that has tiers that allow add ons like NJPW, ROH, Impact similar to the Sling TV "a-la carte" model? For example: your $9.99 still gets you all of the WWE content you've had access to, but for $15/month, you can add Progress, ICW, etc. For $20/month, you get that plus limited NJPW content like the G1 & Wrestle Kingdom along with big ROH and Impact shows? Furthermore, based on Cody's verbiage, what if you had WWE guys cross over and show up in those other promotions and vice versa?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Boy oh boy does THIS get me thinking...

Could we be looking at a future WWE network that has tiers that allow add ons like NJPW, ROH, Impact similar to the Sling TV "a-la carte" model? For example: your $9.99 still gets you all of the WWE content you've had access to, but for $15/month, you can add Progress, ICW, etc. For $20/month, you get that plus limited NJPW content like the G1 & Wrestle Kingdom along with big ROH and Impact shows? Furthermore, based on Cody's verbiage, what if you had WWE guys cross over and show up in those other promotions and vice versa?
    I doubt NJPW. Impact possibly. I'd bet Evolve, progress, etc.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I am watching.
    So far so good, i love new girls like Io Shirai and i was happy to see Kaitlyn again (looking hotter than ever!).
    Overall it has been better than last year's tournament, i'm glad they also brought back last year competitors like Mia Yim and Rhea Ripley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Of course. Pretty good so far.
    I didn't watch last year but this card seems way more stacked.

So excited during the Kaitlyn matches (I want her back full time) and also making me like Toni Storm more. Io Shirai and Meiko Satomura are exceptional to watch as well. Killer Kelly was a great new talent to watch and even though she's been in NXT for some time (and had matches) the showings I seen for Taynara Conti made me more of a fan than previous.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I didn't watch last year but this card seems way more stacked.

So excited during the Kaitlyn matches (I want her back full time) and also making me like Toni Storm more. Io Shirai and Meiko Satomura are exceptional to watch as well. Killer Kelly was a great new talent to watch and even though she's been in NXT for some time (and had matches) the showings I seen for Taynara Conti made me more of a fan than previous.
    I don't like Toni Storm, but i'll admit she has improved; Meiko is great, i think this MYC is already better than last year's, so far the best WWE tournament has been the Cruiserweight Classic, but i think this one could give it a run for its money...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So far, I'd say it's about even with the first one. First might be better. I wasn't too impressed with the Shirai match tbh. But, I think the girl was with was extremely green. And I'm also a little jaded about how Vince will inevitably bury and destroy her.

Meiko is a tough lady. The second she steps out, her face tells me how tough she is and how not to fuck with her. She's great.

I'm mixed on Toni Storm. She's not bad or great. Just very middle of the road.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    On the main roster for women.

"... I'm honoured and humbled to have been asked back to participate. I think pairing me with Alexa Bliss - a woman who in a very short time has accomplished so much - is great as there is a definite parallel to our careers. I think seeing the generational faceoff is intriguing to fans. We're bringing together the past and present - conceptually it is exciting."

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    And within days it changed,

My interest and expectations instantly dropped by this new Tag Match announcement. It'll be relegated to a big finisher spot match for nostalgia heart strings and Alexa will get the least air time in the match. Then if she miraculously wins it'll be downplayed in importance because Mickie helped. Just...ugh. Whatever.

Not even sure if this injury is even legit or not. It all sounds like kayfabe by this point.

Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-08-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm going to guess it's a few things. The Alexa injury probably being the main one. I don't think she's wrestled since hell in a cell. A match between just Trish and Alexa might not have been working out either. Trish is retired. Same with Lita. Putting them together might cover up whatever weaknesses they have and Alexa's injury.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And within days it changed,

My interest and expectations instantly dropped by this new Tag Match announcement. It'll be relegated to a big finisher spot match for nostalgia heart strings and Alexa will get the least air time in the match. Then if she miraculously wins it'll be downplayed in importance because Mickie helped. Just...ugh. Whatever.

Not even sure if this injury is even legit or not. It all sounds like kayfabe by this point.

She hasn't been in a match since HIAC, and now that they've combined the two singles matches into one tells me that they A) are guaranteeing Alexa's involvement by protecting her with a tag match B) guaranteeing that she doesn't sit this one out like she did the Rumble match and C) they still want to protect her long term interests and avoid her becoming the next Daniel Bryan, injurywise.

As soon as I read that she was experiencing numbness in her arm, that instantly reminded me of the original Daniel Bryan injury post-WM 30. I expect this tag match to still be good as the nostalgia factor will be high, but I also expect that Trish and Lita are going to head in there to make Alexa and Mickie look damn good as well. It's still a good thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Moving along - was that a double turn for Bobby Lashley and Kevin Owens? Interested to see if that goes anywhere.