Page 382 of 483 FirstFirst ... 282 332 372 380 381 382 383 384 392 432 482 ... LastLast
Results 11,431 to 11,460 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well, Randy Orton is now in trouble for past stunts he pulled which is claimed by a former WWE writer: https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...or-randy-orton
    He has always been a dick (pun intended..)
    I totally believe this is true; Mr Anderson (AKA Mr Kennedy) told in a shoot interview Orton once put his cock on his boots (while he was watching...), he's an asshole spoiled brat that takes "dumps" on women purses...
    But yeah, i'm sure "they are looking into the matter...", the WWE has known for years and they didn't care until it makes noise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hearing reports that Jim Neidhart has passed away. R.I.P. ANVIL

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Rip Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart.

As for Orton. I'm going to assume this is going to get the Demott Treatment. And even if they did legit investigate into it, I'm not sure what would come of it. Who from that time period is even there now that can back it up? I expect nothing to come of this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Try to contain your heart when it tries to jump out of your chest when that dub-step music hits. Have fun!
    Oh, I will! Hopefully she walks on by outside into the venue from front so I can scream like a 10 year old girl.

Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Hearing reports that Jim Neidhart has passed away. R.I.P. ANVIL
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Rip Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart.

As for Orton. I'm going to assume this is going to get the Demott Treatment. And even if they did legit investigate into it, I'm not sure what would come of it. Who from that time period is even there now that can back it up? I expect nothing to come of this.
    So I've read. I wonder if that will alter tonight's match with Natalya and Alexa? Unfortunate event to hear of but Natalya should be with her family.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Damn, R.I.P. "Anvil", another one gone form the "Hart foundation"

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    So, does dude still have his eyebrows??
    he does!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Good show, lots of energy and fun. My friend got an amazing video of Brock doing the F5 to Reigns. That Ambrose return was awesome! We got an un-televised dark match after the telecast of Rollins, Ambrose, Strowman and Balor vs Corbin, Owens, Ziggler and McIntyre. Corbin lost to dirty deeds.

My videos and photos aren't THAT good but I will share my offerings with you all! I have more photos and videos but you know my fandom for Bliss so those go first.

Videos:

Photo preview

Photo Album of my Alexa Bliss photos
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-14-2018 at 12:38 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw that promo she gave and man, she was vicious in the things she says. It never sounds scripted and it always came off naturally. How can anyone not love the Goddess?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    latest match! :

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Summerslam 2018 Predictions:

Pre-Show:
    B-Team vs. Revival - Revival will shock B-Team and get that tag team championship victory.
    Rusev & Lana vs. Andrade Almas & Zelina Vega - Rusev and Lana get the victory after Aiden successfully holds off cheating, finally.
    Cedric Alexander vs. Drew Gulak - Drew picks up the win (WWE really needs to focus on the CW division because pre-show after pre-show is diluting the brand. Finn & Baron should be in this spot).

*Pre-Show Announcement Prediction*
    Steph, Shane & HHH will announce Raw and Smackdown Women's Tag Titles. A tournament will begin the following week on both shows to crown two women's tag teams as champs that will run to the next PPV. First defenses of both titles will take place at Evolution.

Main Show:
    Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz - Miz wins after outside interference from Maryse. D-Bry will re-sign and this will continue through Survivor Series.
    Finn Balor vs. Baron Corbin: Finn picks up the win (Finn won the Universal Title two years ago at this event. Do better with Finn).
    Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Jeff Hardy - Nakamura retains after interference from RKO. This will likely be similar to the Roman vs. Rusev US title match a few years ago and be quick.
    Carmella vs. Becky Lynch vs. Charlotte - Becky wins the SD Women's Title. Seeds planted for rivalry against Charlotte. I would not be surprised to see Asuka get involved with this match since she had been chasing Carmella.
    Dolph Ziggler vs. Seth Rollins - Rollins wins the IC title, then gets hit with Dirty Deeds from Dean. Dean remains cordial and sets up for a friendly feud with Seth.
    Braun Strowman vs. Kevin Owens - KO wins the briefcase. Braun will get disqualified somehow.
    Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day - New Day wins.
    AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe - Joe wins the title. AJ begins quest to regain.
    Alexa Bliss vs. Ronda Rousey - Alexa gets her comeuppance and Ronda wins the title.
    Roman Reigns vs. Brock Lesnar - Roman wins the title. It gets bloody. Heyman turns on Brock because what happened at Raw a few weeks ago WAS real to him. KO's music hits, KO wins the Universal Title and aligns with Paul Heyman.

I truly believe that if Roman vs. Brock is the last match, that a cash-in will happen because WWE does not want Barclay's booing a clean Roman win ending the night. If that is the plan, WWE needs to put Ronda vs. Alexa as the main event or AJ vs. Joe.

I also expect quite a few title changes because CW, SD Tag, SD Women's, WWE & Universal have had the same champs since WM. IC and Raw Women's have been positioned for title changes as well, with US seeming the safest along with Raw Tag (I just like the idea of The Revival getting a big win).

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    TakeOver 4:

Dream defeats EC3.

Undisputed Era retain over Moustache Mountain, with Bate possibly turning on Seven.

Ricochet defeats Cole via DQ. This feud keeps going.

Sane defeats Baszler, please god.

Ciampa retains against Gargano. There will be another match, possibly first ever NXT Hell in a Cell, where Gargano will win after realizing he can’t resort to heel tactics to win and he should just be himself.

Summerslam:

Bryan defeats Miz (via DQ. Miz attacks Bryan post match and leaves him laying).

New Day beat Bludgeon Bros.

Finn needs to defeat Corbin, for fuck sake!

Nakamura beats Geoff Hardly after Alt Right Randall interferes.

Lynch gets the big win over Carmella and Charlotte but is booked shitty and by Survivor Series, Charlotte wins because her last name is Flair

Ronda defeats Alexa but goes too far (maybe holds armbar too long) and the decision is reversed. Ronda snaps again.

Beef Stroganoff keeps his briefcase because Vince loves big dumb guys.

Rollins beats Dolph and Dean immediately says he wants a shot and Rollins agrees. They tease tension.

Joe beats Styles because Styles gets too heated and makes a fatal error.

Little kids and lady cheers drown in the hatred of the majority as Womin Waynes finally beats Lesnar. Beef Stroganoff cashes in and murders Womin’s dreams as WWE still futilely keeps trying to get him over.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-15-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So I stan the IIconics and think that Peyton and Billie are the best women wrestlers on the mic. If this women's tag team division becomes reality, I see them winning and holding onto those belts for a long time.

Today, Dave Meltzer said something fucking dumb about Peyton Royce and got called onto the carpet by LITERALLY every single female superstar and a good number of the male superstars as well for this. Read below -

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dave stuck his foot in his mouth and admitted to as much--with context, he was trying to discuss without really saying how he feels Peyton's boob job has negatively affected her main roster run (a whole other can of words) and in trying to avoid saying it distastefully he said something that came out worse.

He took it on the nose and apologized (which is kind of shocking given his history of stubbornly doubling down), and seems genuinely remorseful over what he said. Unfortunately, that doesn't really matter, because it's much easier for everybody to feel good about themselves if they dogpile and any real discourse about the topic will be drowned out by sanctimony and bickering.

And I admit it's frustrating, as someone who respects Dave, because at the end of the day, all that caused this is some WWE megafan goof heard the audio a week after it was posted and felt the need to send it to Peyton so they could feel good about themselves for gotcha-ing a guy who's historically displayed more character than most anyone in the industry. None of this outrage is present for the company that is run by misogynistic idiots who see only blondeness and cup size when evaluating the talent of women, who spent over a decade demeaning women in goddamn mud pools, bikini contests, and bra and panty matches, only to then cram down everyone's throats how progressive they are for pretending to remove barriers they put up to begin with.

Nah, let's go after the guy who was singing the praises of women's wrestling twenty years before it became cool. I don't want to absolve Dave of any wrongdoing here because this isn't the first time he's said something stupid and probably won't be the last, but the entire thing is so goddamn stupid. He's made a lot of enemies by telling the truth in a business filled with liars, and it's pretty sickening seeing some of them (like Eric Bischoff, I'm certain Coachman isn't far behind) hop on this story pretending to be outraged on the behalf of Peyton because Dave exposed them as clowns.

Sorry for the rant, I've been pretty jaded about the wrestling business as a whole and WWE in particular lately and something about this ordeal struck a nerve. They're such a shitty company but they're too big to fail so everybody falls in line and one of the few visible people who calls them on their shit is getting decimated by their cult-like following.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    Nah, let's go after the guy who was singing the praises of women's wrestling twenty years before it became cool. I don't want to absolve Dave of any wrongdoing here because this isn't the first time he's said something stupid and probably won't be the last, but the entire thing is so goddamn stupid. He's made a lot of enemies by telling the truth in a business filled with liars, and it's pretty sickening seeing some of them (like Eric Bischoff, I'm certain Coachman isn't far behind) hop on this story pretending to be outraged on the behalf of Peyton because Dave exposed them as clowns.

Sorry for the rant, I've been pretty jaded about the wrestling business as a whole and WWE in particular lately and something about this ordeal struck a nerve. They're such a shitty company but they're too big to fail so everybody falls in line and one of the few visible people who calls them on their shit is getting decimated by their cult-like following.
    I'm sick of the guy. He's just a slightly insider blogger but is hailed as some sort of God send prophet for his knowledge, ratings and opinions. I'm not surprised he said this stupid comment and I'm glad she immediately fired back.

As for championing women's wrestling, he totally insulted the entire roster of the WWE and NXT women by saying you're only successful if you're blond. That TIRED OLD stereotype shit again. Joking or not it came off as a lazy underhanded comment. He also made that like a week ago only.

I'm not a bleeding heart defender but I don't feel sympathy in this ordeal for him whatsoever.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Meltzer can be pretty brutal towards women. I just listened to Prichard's Sable episode. Some of Meltzer's writeups about her were overly harsh. Always taking jabs at her implants. This isn't a new thing with him. Not sure what his issue is, but it's usually with women that have boobjobs.

Summerslam:
    Balor over Corbin. If balor loses, he's dead and useless. now, then, forever.
    Lesnar over Reigns.
    Carmella retains.
    Rousey wins.
    Miz over Bryan in some sort of heel-ish finish.
    AJ over Joe
    Almas/Vega over Rusev/Lana.
    Nakamura over Hardy. Orton probably lacks Hardy in the head with his dick or something. A lot of dick spots probably.
    Rollins wins. Dean goes heel the next night.
    Strowman wins. Cashes in the next night.
    Bludgeon Bros over New Day
    Revival over B-Team

NXT:
    Gargano over Ciampa
    Baezler over Sane
    Ricochet over Cole by DQ or Cole with outside help. No title change.
    EC3 over Dream.
    Undisputed Era retain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm sick of the guy. He's just a slightly insider blogger but is hailed as some sort of God send prophet for his knowledge, ratings and opinions. I'm not surprised he said this stupid comment and I'm glad she immediately fired back.

As for championing women's wrestling, he totally insulted the entire roster of the WWE and NXT women by saying you're only successful if you're blond. That TIRED OLD stereotype shit again. Joking or not it came off as a lazy underhanded comment. He also made that like a week ago only.

I'm not a bleeding heart defender but I don't feel sympathy in this ordeal for him whatsoever.
    He's not wrong--look at who gets pushed. The fact is that the so-called women's #evolution is a pretty clear sham to anyone who's seen what women are actually capable of achieving in the ring--and that's not an insult to the wrestlers, it's the fault of the people running the shitty-ass show who fail to use them in a respectful way. I'm sure Asuka feels so much more respected as a performer jobbing in awful matches to a glorified valet (I like Carmella but she is terribad in the ring).

And as I said, he's stuck his foot in his mouth regarding women's stuff before--while his contempt for Attitude Era women's segments was understandable, the degree to which he'd direct that contempt towards the women themselves and the language he used was... uncomfortable. But I'm sure if you asked him today, he'd agree that he said a lot of things in poor taste back then. But as somebody who's heard a LOT of his audio, he's as decent a person as anybody I've heard talk about wrestling, and he's been a big advocate for legit good women's wrestling, and in a honest way, not a "let's pretend stuff that's bad is actually good because yay women" type way. It's becoming clear that he's not equipped to tackle the issue of gender disparity in wrestling in a respectful and nuanced manner (at least not in audio or tweets), but at least he's trying and not fellating the WWE's fake-ass progressivism like most media outlets.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Dave stuck his foot in his mouth and admitted to as much--with context, he was trying to discuss without really saying how he feels Peyton's boob job has negatively affected her main roster run (a whole other can of words) and in trying to avoid saying it distastefully he said something that came out worse.
    Correct. Also, he could cite the lack of storyline for them past being the Aussie bullies and/or being Carmella's "sometimes" lackeys. Instead, he equated her boob job to a downgrade in performance.

He took it on the nose and apologized (which is kind of shocking given his history of stubbornly doubling down), and seems genuinely remorseful over what he said. Unfortunately, that doesn't really matter, because it's much easier for everybody to feel good about themselves if they dogpile and any real discourse about the topic will be drowned out by sanctimony and bickering.
    The people she works with 250+ days a year came to her defense online along with her fans, and rightfully so. Dismissing this as a feel-good dogpile misses the point. It's a man critiquing a change a woman made to herself and equating that to a diminishing of her performance at her job. He earned the scorn and criticism.

And I admit it's frustrating, as someone who respects Dave, because at the end of the day, all that caused this is some WWE megafan goof heard the audio a week after it was posted and felt the need to send it to Peyton so they could feel good about themselves for gotcha-ing a guy who's historically displayed more character than most anyone in the industry. None of this outrage is present for the company that is run by misogynistic idiots who see only blondeness and cup size when evaluating the talent of women, who spent over a decade demeaning women in goddamn mud pools, bikini contests, and bra and panty matches, only to then cram down everyone's throats how progressive they are for pretending to remove barriers they put up to begin with.
    The guy's tweet is dated the same day as the podcast. That's beside the point. *ETA* Also, requiring women to change things about their appearance isn't just a WWE problem. They are 100% guilty of that and have done so for a long time, but random men calling it out on their podcasts and then you acting like it's just THEIR problem is also dismissive and rude.

He might have sung the praises of women's wrestling 20 years ago, but diminishing women and their performance because of what they choose to alter about themselves kind of diminishes all of that, no?

Dismissing the outcry on this almost comes off as you absolving Meltzer of his terrible opinion. He's apologized, and while the apology could've been better, he's at least seen that when he offers critique, he needs to do better than dismissing someone because of their cup size and/or whether they've gotten implants.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    Correct. Also, he could cite the lack of storyline for them past being the Aussie bullies and/or being Carmella's "sometimes" lackeys. Instead, he equated her boob job to a downgrade in performance.

The people she works with 250+ days a year came to her defense online along with her fans, and rightfully so. Dismissing this as a feel-good dogpile misses the point. It's a man critiquing a change a woman made to herself and equating that to a diminishing of her performance at her job. He earned the scorn and criticism.

The guy's tweet is dated the same day as the podcast. That's beside the point. *ETA* Also, requiring women to change things about their appearance isn't just a WWE problem. They are 100% guilty of that and have done so for a long time, but random men calling it out on their podcasts and then you acting like it's just THEIR problem is also dismissive and rude.

He might have sung the praises of women's wrestling 20 years ago, but diminishing women and their performance because of what they choose to alter about themselves kind of diminishes all of that, no?

Dismissing the outcry on this almost comes off as you absolving Meltzer of his terrible opinion. He's apologized, and while the apology could've been better, he's at least seen that when he offers critique, he needs to do better than dismissing someone because of their cup size and/or whether they've gotten implants.
    Here's the thing, I come off as totally apologetic to Dave here because I'm kinda backing him up, but I'm not standing by what he said--it was bad. He seems to be torn up about it and learned from it, which is consistent with his character of a long time--I know, from having listened to dozens of hours of the guy talking, that he feels very strongly about women's equality and has called out gender disparity bullshit and pushed for more talented women to get pushes and treated as equals to the men for a very long time, up to and including the most recent show where after his apology he trashed the opening segment of Smackdown which was entirety about body shaming two women who are in outstanding physical condition.

The reason I find myself in this apologist position is because I think it's peculiar that he's being held to this standard when everybody else gets a free pass. He deserves criticism, and if this leads to a bigger conversation and this shit getting called out more frequently, as he himself said, it's a good thing. But Wrestling Twitter is full of people who hate him already because he likes New Japan or says things they don't like or is critical of their heroes and a lot of the outrage feels unfortunately more like sharks smelling blood in the water than an actual reaction to what he said. There's already calls for the "body-shaming misogynistic pig" Dave Meltzer to get pulled from public appearances, and I notice most of them come from Vince Russo fan boys.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Here's the thing, I come off as totally apologetic to Dave here because I'm kinda backing him up, but I'm not standing by what he said--it was bad. He seems to be torn up about it and learned from it, which is consistent with his character of a long time--I know, from having listened to dozens of hours of the guy talking, that he feels very strongly about women's equality and has called out gender disparity bullshit and pushed for more talented women to get pushes and treated as equals to the men for a very long time, up to and including the most recent show where after his apology he trashed the opening segment of Smackdown which was entirety about body shaming two women who are in outstanding physical condition.

The reason I find myself in this apologist position is because I think it's peculiar that he's being held to this standard when everybody else gets a free pass. He deserves criticism, and if this leads to a bigger conversation and this shit getting called out more frequently, as he himself said, it's a good thing. But Wrestling Twitter is full of people who hate him already because he likes New Japan or says things they don't like or is critical of their heroes and a lot of the outrage feels unfortunately more like sharks smelling blood in the water than an actual reaction to what he said. There's already calls for the "body-shaming misogynistic pig" Dave Meltzer to get pulled from public appearances, and I notice most of them come from Vince Russo fan boys.
    You don't have to defend him though. It's kind of similar to James Gunn - you can still be a fan of his but also understand that he fucked up and that he needs to evolve. His follow-up messages, especially those with Tyler Breeze on Twitter show remorse for his original apology and how it didn't completely own what HE did, so that's a plus. Dave is a white man, and as a fellow white man, I can confidently say that we don't need defense for when we fuck up and say or do bad things - we had the privilege of being born as white men so we already have a leg up on a lot of things. I'm encouraged that he's seen that he fucked up and that it seems as if he's trying to adjust his outlook on women's wrestling and how he critiques it.

Wrestling Twitter - don't get me started. Ignore, ignore, ignore (or delete, etc.), especially the Vince Russo people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredk...ton-royce/amp/

Forbes did an article with what I think is the best publicized take on the matter I've seen.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    On a lighter note,

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Piggybacking off the last post I made,

She has a SummerSlam video diary on WWE's youtube channel. The last few days they've been sharing them. @thevoid99

Before you even watch it, all the smiles and laughter signal a face Alexa Bliss would cure my wretched soul's existence of darkness. She'd be too perfect and pure for TV...hell maybe even the world.

I melted at this, it makes me want to attend a meet and greet even more.

Nom.

Rumor has it's Ursula from the Little Mermaid as the motif.

There's a few more featuring her reaction to a Ronda Rousey mural painting and one with the Bella Twins.

P.S. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn 4 starts in about an hour and 15 minutes!

Taken at TakeOver Pre-Show....I can't contain myself.

Probably a fuck up that's now formally announced.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-18-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Takeover was really good, though a notch below the last few. EC3's mediocre ring work and the thrown together main event unfortunately hurt the show--the main was great but suffered from diminishing returns, and the ending was basically a remix of the story beats for the finish of their last match. Gargano needs to go on the shelf for a bit and then go on a redemption story where he remembers who he is in the mid card while Ciampa dominates the show as champion, then you can do the final showdown at the Rumble or Mania Takeover in a proper wrestling match with a loser leaves NXT stipulation. Johnny finally wins the title, Ciampa goes to die on the main roster.

Tag match was especially great and the women's match was really damn good too, with an excellent finish.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Shocker. NXT was good. Solid tag match as always. Got a chuckle from Dream 's attire. Good women's match. Possibly Baezler's best so far. NXT never disappoints. Tomorrow, on the other hand...

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed Takeover for the most part. Baszler still sucks real bad (bad character work, worse promos, can’t work well unless the pace is molasses) so it was a good move giving the far superior Sane the title. Cole vs Ricochet was match of the night by far. Gargano vs Ciampa, mirroring their last match, was brutally awesome until the poorly written and overproduced finish.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I really enjoyed Takeover for the most part. Baszler still sucks real bad (bad character work, worse promos, can’t work well unless the pace is molasses) so it was a good move giving the far superior Sane the title. Cole vs Ricochet was match of the night by far. Gargano vs Ciampa, mirroring their last match, was brutally awesome until the poorly written and overproduced finish.
    Yeah, it was a good TakeOver but I feel Chicago was a better show overall.

Both matches of the night were related and responsible to Undisputed Era, of course.

Though no shade, Ricochet is awesome but I hope Cole dropping that title means he advances to the Main Title picture where he belongs. Plus this:

As for the tag match, it was probably the best of the night and had great storytelling. Trent Seven needs to go haha. Bate is too talented to be in a tag team in my opinion.

I know Black was injured and taken out of the equation but that match was the worst in their meet ups. It felt like a greatest hits compilation of their previous two matches in one. The ending is what it is but Gargano always looks like a fucking idiot haha.

As for Baszler, I find her more enjoyable and authentic than Ronda Rousey honestly.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Shayna has been training much longer than Ronda and Ronda is progressing much faster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so happy for Kairi. The Pirate finally found her treasure! Did WWE mess with the sound on TV when Rousey was on screen? Because when she was shown the crowd just booed her every time. Which surprised me actually not saying I wasn't doing the same I just thought a lot of the WWE Universe were on the Rousey Train. Choo! Choo! Or maybe it was just Brooklyn being Brooklyn. Anyway going to Summerslam tonight but I'm not hyped for any of it basically no Asuka so I don't really care. I'm looking forward to the post SS RAW and the crowd shenanigans. There was not one Beach ball yesterday which is a good sign, but I'm expecting mass Beachballpalooza tonight though.

Also just like to say Ciampa has the best entrance music of all time.

https://www.facebook.com/dylan.could...7412602935620/