Page 363 of 391 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 361 362 363 364 365 373 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,890 of 11719

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Uh..... I think my IQ just dropped big time. What the fuck is going on?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    To be completely honest, I think it's hilarious. That kid is now a wwe champion. A random kid. Never have I seen anything like that. Can't imagine it lasting too long though. Maybe they drop them back tomorrow.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Now that I think about it. It couldn't be any worse than Enzo as cruiserweight champion or the Maharajah-bum as WWE champion. David Arquette is a more credible champion than those 2 ass-clowns.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    10 year old kid also has a better wrestlemania record than a Japanese superstar.

Japanese got buried tonight.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nicholas is the most over wrestler in WWE. Sorry Daniel Bryan.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Nicholas is the most over wrestler in WWE. Sorry Daniel Bryan.
    For 5 minutes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    For 5 minutes.
    Or at least the next 24 hours.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Hey, does anyone remember Royal Rumble '94 when Diesel was eliminating guys left and right and was over that night? Do you remember what happened to him later that year when he became WWE champion? Remember he was someone the fans liked but then when he became champ and sort of lost an edge as he just became a lame babyface during what was WWE's worst year at that time? I think this is what is happening to Braun now.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    95 was a horrible year all around though. Not just Diesel. It was mostly everything. Undertaker's mania match was against King Kong Bundy...

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    95 was a horrible year all around though. Not just Diesel. It was mostly everything. Undertaker's mania match was against King Kong Bundy...
    And that year's WrestleMania was headlined by Lawrence Taylor. What a horrible year. Honestly, I think I would rather watch Salo again in its entirety than 2 minutes of Meekmahan-land.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    According to solomonster, the fans are cheering a beach ball. Not the match.

Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Glad Lesnar won in any reason haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This was far worse than I expected.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    So Lesnar wins? Well.... what was the fucking point of pushing Roman to headline four WrestleManias in a row? Another terrible WrestleMania.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    This show sucked. Rousey match was good. Buried both Japanese rumble winners. Jinder, who draws nothing is US champion. Why? Fuck you that's why. AJ/Nakamura was meh. Maybe due to injury. Bryan out for a majority of his return match selling an injury is fucking stupid too.

After the burial of Asuka I was already done. Rousey brought me back but of course they lost me again after that. What a let down of a shit show.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    So, now what? Roman to main event for next year's Mania and why?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    So Lesnar wins? Well.... what was the fucking point of pushing Roman to headline four WrestleManias in a row? Another terrible WrestleMania.
    Yeah, I don't know. More brilliant booking of the night. I genuinely feel like I got trolled.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    I'm just glad I don't watch WWE TV anymore. I can watch bits of it on YouTube and be content with whatever good is there but I always know they will do whatever to make themselves look good no matter how out of touch Meekmahan is and the fact that he doesn't respect their audience. This is another big "fuck you" to the fans.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm not surprised that Brock has won. It's also probably the best for now.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm basically a tourist at this point, but I thought the show was okay. The Rousey match was easily the highlight and maybe the best WM match I've seen since Shawn/Undertaker. Everybody played their part brilliantly including her, which makes me think she'll have a bright future in the company if her work only improves from here. She has the psychology down which surprised even me.

I've been saying this for a long time but Brock needs to be sent to the glue factory. People were booing both of them which isn't a good sign considering he's kind of always been the audience favorite in these things, but it appeared that even the hardcores are tired of him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Roman Reigns: Well I, and everyone else, got this wrong. I'm not surprised though after thinking about it. At the end of the day, I don't think Vince McMahon wanted the winner to get overwhelmingly boo'ed out of the building as had happened the last two years in a row. There could also be butterflies about this drug ring that Reigns' name has been mentioned in. Also... I still hold that a heel turn might happen with Roman now. He's tried to win by skating the line, now it's time to commit to it full on. I have no idea what happens next with Brock.

- AJ Styles (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura: Got this one wrong, too. I think this is the start of a long program between the two and you have to have a face vs. a heel for this to go on. We had the dream match, now it's time for the grudge matches.

- Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon & Triple H: Well I was right about the two holds being put on at the same time! I thought Ronda looked good and I'm glad Kurt got his full old school entrance, pyro and all.

- Daniel Bryan & Shane McMahon vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn: Got this wrong, too, but this was my crazy guess of the show. Great to see Bryan back in the ring, even though the stretcher job was unnecessary.

- Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Asuka: I'm actually glad I got this wrong because I'm glad the streak is over. Now it's time for Asuka to feud with Nia or Alexa after Nia vs. Alexa rematch happens.

- Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax: Glad to see Nia get this, especially with her long road with the car accident several years ago. She looked strong and also made Alexa look like she could end up retaining. Good match.

- The Miz (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor: Glad to see Seth win the IC title and even happier to see that he can feud with Miz and Finn some more if they want to. Also, I marked out hard for that GoT entrance.

- Randy Orton (c) vs. Bobby Roode vs. Jinder Mahal vs. Rusev: Honestly surprised by this one but it looks like the plan is to make Jinder a strong heel for the long haul.

- The Usos (c) vs. The New Day vs. The Bludgeon Brothers: New. Day loses! Oh well. Bludgeon Brothers looked good but this match was OK.

- The Bar (c) vs. Braun Strowman & ???: Wow, but still pretty funny. Interested to see how this continues.

- Cedric Alexander vs. Mustafa Ali: Great opening singles match between Black Panther and Sub Zero.

- Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Wrong! Bray and Matt team up! I'm interested to see how Jeff will be inserted into this.

- WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal: Always happy to see Naomi win but was also happy to see Bayley finally give it to Sasha.

- John Cena vs. Undertaker: Cena in the crowd was pretty funny but glad to see Deadman return and look good, even though it was a short match. This will be a longer match between the two next year.

Overall, I liked this year's Mania. To say that Vince McMahon is racist because of Asuka and Nakamura losing is silly. Granted, I think Vince McMahon is probably a racist, but the business side of things for those two involve longer term commitments. Asuka will likely have a title before the year is over and I expect Nakamura will as well, most likely around Summerslam.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Man, that was a disappointing Wrestlemania...

I liked AJ/Nakamura (but it could have been so much better...) and Charlotte/Asuka, i also was very entertained by the Bryan/Shane VS Owens/Zayn match, everything else was from "meh" to "awful"

- Rousey making Stephanie McMahon look "strong" was cringe-worthy
    - I liked the fact that Matt Hardy won, but it was a whatever match as expected
    - Man the Women's "cup" was ugly-looking
    - Balor needed to be the Demon, Rollins deserves the IC Championship, but Balor needs it more
    - Taker and Cena was either genius or stupid, i can't decide
    - Lesnar beats Reigns, no double turn, no surprises, not even a good match like the one from WM 31 and the crowd was dead, terrible finish for a so-so WM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    - Man the Women's "cup" was ugly-looking
    What's your problem with vaginas?!

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    What's your problem with vaginas?!
    I love Vaginas, as long as they aren't golden with cheap-looking tassels around...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is Vince's way of getting Reigns over as a sympathetic babyface, leak rumors a year ago that they're putting Reigns over Lesnar at Mania & change plans at the last minute.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I wonder if this is Vince's way of getting Reigns over as a sympathetic babyface, leak rumors a year ago that they're putting Reigns over Lesnar at Mania & change plans at the last minute.
    Can we even rationalise Vinny Mac's actions anymore? He's a madman with every positive and negative aspects of the word.

One thing is for sure: he needs to do something else with Brock, because it's fucking stale right now. No, smashing a still somewhat green Braun and a barely breathing Kane every 4 months does not make me lose my mind. Ahh, honestly, the whole Universal Title is shit imo. At this point, I care more about the WWE title.

Oh yeah, and don't they fucking dare to make Reigns win the ICC title again as a way to build him back up. I'm sick and tired of having him around that belt.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    You know. I've been doing a lot of thinking and I'm starting to feel pity for Roman Reigns. Here's a guy that had what Meekmahan wanted which was a certain look and appeal. Yet, I think if he had more time to develop and work with some very strong wrestlers. He wouldn't have been pushed as hard as he could be a top guy but not THE GUY. What happened is that Reigns was put into a position he was unprepared for and had to learn things along the way. He took a beating in WrestleMania 31 but got through it though he didn't win. A year later, he was given the chance to be the champ but they tried to book him as an underdog that didn't work. Then came 2 lackluster main event matches in two WrestleManias that unfortunately exposed his limitations. Yet, I don't think he is at fault for why his match with the Undertaker was so bad. It was just that Taker didn't look good and Reigns tried to cover for him and he couldn't. With the man with 3Hs, that was a clusterfuck.

So after three years, four WrestleMania main events, and all of this build to make him the BIG DOG. What was the fucking point of last night?

It goes to show that Meekmahan has got to go. He is now the biggest threat to his own company. He and his yes men such as that Bucktooth Beaver Bitch and "I'm a Freebird so what's your excuse" shithead are the problem. I don't think the Man w/ 3Hs could be the savior though he understands the fans more than Meekmahan. It's just that as long as Meekmahan and his cronies are around. They will make money no matter what type of shit they serve and make the fans eat it.

Having Brock win last night wasn't just a "fuck you" to Reigns but to everyone in the locker room who wanted to be in the spot. As far as I'm concerned, that Universal title doesn't mean shit anymore. David Arquette as WCW champ is far more credible than the Universal title at this point. It's held by a lazy part-timer who doesn't give a fuck about the fans. He shows up when he wants to as long as he's well-paid and he just doesn't care.

I think it's time we have to shift our support for the All-In show that the Bullet Club is doing in the hopes it can be successful. Maybe it would help New Japan become this threat to the WWE and maybe put the WWE and Meekmahan on its knees.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Brock re-signs with WWE, will defend the Universal Title at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia in a steel cage match against Roman Reigns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Reigns wins the title at the Greatest Royal Rumble. I can't find the length of this contract Brock signed anywhere, so to me, I think it's one more night.