Page 329 of 388 FirstFirst ... 229 279 319 327 328 329 330 331 339 379 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,870 of 11631

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    JBL fucking SUCKS. I've said that for years and I'll never change my tune. He is one of the WORST commentators EVER (along with Michael "Ohhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyy, are you kiddin' me??!!??!1" Cole) and is a true piece of fucking shit human being, to boot. I'll never forget how hard I laughed that time he had to job to the Meanie for putting his hands on him, and took that SICK legit chair shot from Stevie Richards. Right fucking on, Richards.

Damian Sandow is gone from Impact, too. That guy was amiss in that organization from day one. He says he's going to retire but will likely be back in WWE within a few years. Hopefully Cody Rhodes leaves Impact too, because he's being wasted as well. Impact has brought back Matt Morgan, Chris Masters and Magnus, which is completely unsurprising. Unfortunately, none of those guys are going to get the job done, even though I think highly of Masters and hope he gets some legit time as Impact champion at some point. He deserves it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    We all know who will become the Impact champion soon. The Man who is Fond of Slapping Nutz.... I would love for him to return to the WWE as a jobber for life as well as a human toilet for Meekmahan.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Who's excited for the brand shake up, and what are your predictions?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Crews already got switched to raw (edit: oops!). I think:

Styles to raw.
    Zayn and Charlotte to SD.
    Club to SD
    New Day to SD
    Alpha to raw.
    Last edited by Piko; 04-10-2017 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ^ Think you meant Crews to Raw from SD. Hope they give him a character other than a super-mark.

Swaps I'm thinking thinking:
    * Zayn to SD, Styles to Raw
    * New Day to SD, Alpha to Raw
    * Charlotte to SD, Bliss to Raw
    * Shining Stars to SD, Ascension to Raw
    * Sasha to SD, Mickie James to Raw

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I don't seem them swapping Sasha over. Sasha/Bayley is inevitable imo. Maybe they send Nia or Emma? Emma would probably do great on SD.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Miz and Ambrose on raw. Guess that means Owens is going to SD. Kind of a bummer to see miz on raw. He was killing it on sd.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Thus far, Smackdown is killing the Superstar Shake-up.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Sd has potential for a lot of great matches. Zayn/Nakamura 2, AJ/Nakamura 2. Cena/Nakamura could be interesting whenever that may be.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    I've been listening to podcasts recently and I listen to the Last Podcast on the Left (name dropped and mentioned it in the Podcasts thread), their last episode was about the entire Chris Benoit saga/tragedy. It touches on the events, a brief history of his ringwork and bizarre facts surrounding it. The show also touches on the absurd conspiracy theories involving the aftermath as well. I hate to bring up this bullshit but this year in June marks this happening 10 years ago. I found it an interesting listen. But however, it features plenty of incorrect and bad jokes so if you're easily offended (don't think anyone here is) then listen to your discretion. I laughed at said jokes but I know I'm going to hell anyways so ...

if anyone here checks it out it out let me know!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    I love Samoa Joe, Cesaro and Sasha Banks but they're not being used well enough for me to keep watching RAW. Smackdown won BIG.

I just wish they'd fire JBL.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I just wish they'd fire JBL.
    I don't think it will happen, fucker is a good politician...

I did not see the "shakedown", after Wrestlemania weekend i needed a break from so much wrestling, plus i was on a trip; i'm watching RAW tonight, and go from there...

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I read some fan had a "JBL bullied me" sign and was kicked out of the arena while fans were chanting for Mauro and "fire JBL". If I ever found myself working for the WWE as a writer and had to put up with his bullshit. I'd beat the shit out of him and then hack into his account and make his ass poor. Fuck that lowlife motherfucker.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Hahaha! I heard something about this. First timing reading it. Classic! Kind of a reaffirming feeling knowing there's legit marks still out there.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    more people in the ring think it's real than the people outside of it.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I always tell people "real, but predetermined".

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I always tell people "real, but predetermined".
    when someone asks me if it's fake..I tell them "It's like this- if I tell you i'm gonna punch you in the face...and then I punch you in the face.. does that mean my punch was fake?"

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I wasnt trying to say "it's fake"; "scripted" is a much better term to describe it...
    Everyone knows the risks involved and how professional you need to be to do it right; but i do find hilarious that there are still marks like the one that started the petition...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I wasnt trying to say "it's fake"; "scripted" is a much better term to describe it...
    Everyone knows the risks involved and how professional you need to be to do it right; but i do find hilarious that there are still marks like the one that started the petition...
    I didn't think you were disrespecting at all, what I meant was.. There's so many dudes I've wrestled that think it's real. Like, there's no reason to be hitting as hard as they do..It's a work. One of my favorite quotes is from Jim Cornette: "Back in the old days, the fans thought it was real, and we weren't really hitting each other...now, the fans know its a work..and the boys are really hitting each other..WHO ARE THE MARKS NOW?!"

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I didn't think you were disrespecting at all, what I meant was.. There's so many dudes I've wrestled that think it's real. Like, there's no reason to be hitting as hard as they do..It's a work. One of my favorite quotes is from Jim Cornette: "Back in the old days, the fans thought it was real, and we weren't really hitting each other...now, the fans know its a work..and the boys are really hitting each other..WHO ARE THE MARKS NOW?!"
    Yes; the more i think about the business the more i respect the players...

Just look at what happened recently to Shibata at New Japan; dude got hit by Okada with a very stiff headbutt!
    I know it's Japan ...but damn!; these guys sure take it to the extreme in order to entretain their audience...

Sometimes i remember what Bret Hart said: "You are not supposed to injure your opponents"; in a way i agree, but it's almost impossible to control all your moves (or the possible accidents) all the time.

I got a lot of respect for the performers; that's why i don't do it (lol..), movies like "Beyond the Mat" or even "The Wrestler" show how it's a though business!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I saw that headbutt Shibata gave to Okada and holy shit... ban these moves. I don't want to see guys get a concussion and end their careers like that. I love Shibata, that dude is awesome.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I saw that headbutt Shibata gave to Okada and holy shit... ban these moves. I don't want to see guys get a concussion and end their careers like that. I love Shibata, that dude is awesome.
    Agreed. Totally unnecessary and dangerous.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was unnecessary. Thing is, no one really knows for sure how bad off he is or not. He supposedly had a bleed on the brain and this his career could potentially be over. Then, there's people who think it's all a work, and he's fine and just selling. It's a weird situation. Hopefully, he's fine. An amazing match that didn't need that headbutt. And Shibata had finally gotten that main event shine.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    ike the one Angle used to deliver some great looking headbutts and they looked safe too! Like the one he gave to Samoa Joe at TNA, you can do them and there's no need to do stupid injuries...