Page 328 of 485 FirstFirst ... 228 278 318 326 327 328 329 330 338 378 428 ... LastLast
Results 9,811 to 9,840 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    more people in the ring think it's real than the people outside of it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I always tell people "real, but predetermined".

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I always tell people "real, but predetermined".
    when someone asks me if it's fake..I tell them "It's like this- if I tell you i'm gonna punch you in the face...and then I punch you in the face.. does that mean my punch was fake?"

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I wasnt trying to say "it's fake"; "scripted" is a much better term to describe it...
    Everyone knows the risks involved and how professional you need to be to do it right; but i do find hilarious that there are still marks like the one that started the petition...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I wasnt trying to say "it's fake"; "scripted" is a much better term to describe it...
    Everyone knows the risks involved and how professional you need to be to do it right; but i do find hilarious that there are still marks like the one that started the petition...
    I didn't think you were disrespecting at all, what I meant was.. There's so many dudes I've wrestled that think it's real. Like, there's no reason to be hitting as hard as they do..It's a work. One of my favorite quotes is from Jim Cornette: "Back in the old days, the fans thought it was real, and we weren't really hitting each other...now, the fans know its a work..and the boys are really hitting each other..WHO ARE THE MARKS NOW?!"

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I didn't think you were disrespecting at all, what I meant was.. There's so many dudes I've wrestled that think it's real. Like, there's no reason to be hitting as hard as they do..It's a work. One of my favorite quotes is from Jim Cornette: "Back in the old days, the fans thought it was real, and we weren't really hitting each other...now, the fans know its a work..and the boys are really hitting each other..WHO ARE THE MARKS NOW?!"
    Yes; the more i think about the business the more i respect the players...

Just look at what happened recently to Shibata at New Japan; dude got hit by Okada with a very stiff headbutt!
    I know it's Japan ...but damn!; these guys sure take it to the extreme in order to entretain their audience...

Sometimes i remember what Bret Hart said: "You are not supposed to injure your opponents"; in a way i agree, but it's almost impossible to control all your moves (or the possible accidents) all the time.

I got a lot of respect for the performers; that's why i don't do it (lol..), movies like "Beyond the Mat" or even "The Wrestler" show how it's a though business!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw that headbutt Shibata gave to Okada and holy shit... ban these moves. I don't want to see guys get a concussion and end their careers like that. I love Shibata, that dude is awesome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I saw that headbutt Shibata gave to Okada and holy shit... ban these moves. I don't want to see guys get a concussion and end their careers like that. I love Shibata, that dude is awesome.
    Agreed. Totally unnecessary and dangerous.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it was unnecessary. Thing is, no one really knows for sure how bad off he is or not. He supposedly had a bleed on the brain and this his career could potentially be over. Then, there's people who think it's all a work, and he's fine and just selling. It's a weird situation. Hopefully, he's fine. An amazing match that didn't need that headbutt. And Shibata had finally gotten that main event shine.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ike the one Angle used to deliver some great looking headbutts and they looked safe too! Like the one he gave to Samoa Joe at TNA, you can do them and there's no need to do stupid injuries...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Jinder Mahal is the new #1 Contender for the WWE World Championship?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Jinder is Smackdown's latest reclamation project and he'll probably be bizarrely over by the end of the summer. Calling it now.

If people just kind of ignore that he concussed Finn on his way out of Raw for no reason, I guess.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    What did he do to deserve this push? By roiding himself up to give Meekmahan a boner?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The reaction and heat that he got was insane though. I don't see him winning the title. But, they got the reaction they probably wanted. Got this weird feeling that Wyatt is winning back the title from orton. He just doesn't belong on raw. Orton is going nowhere as champion. And you have Rowan and Harper on SD with no real direction.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The Colons beat American Alpha and some other shit. What the fuck is going on? Plus, does anyone think Jinder Mahal as a top heel or a main eventer? The guy is a fucking jobber.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The Colons beat American Alpha and some other shit. What the fuck is going on? Plus, does anyone think Jinder Mahal as a top heel or a main eventer? The guy is a fucking jobber.
    Yeah, I didn't get how last week they had AJ, Corbin, & Sami going for a shot at the midcard title, & last night they had a bunch of midcarders going for a shot at the main title.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Looks like they're trying elevate the title again. It'll probably be more relevant than the main title soon. If only raw does the same for the IC title.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What did he do to deserve this push? By roiding himself up to give Meekmahan a boner?
    Probably because WWE is trying to get more attention in India.

As a side note: It was great to see The Bollywood Boyz on SD! (My wife is friends with Gurv Sihra's wife. It's really nice to see that him and his brother have made it to WWE and that they're doing alright.)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    LMFAO Jinder Mahall is the #1 contender to the WWE title right now? Are you shitting me? That 3MB jobber from 2014? Man, did I pick a good time to completely absolve myself from the trainwreck that is the WWE

I took a peek at their Payback 2017 card, too. A fucking Raw-exclusive PPV, and yet you have your SDL champion defending his WWE title on the card while your Raw champion is nowhere in sight, as predicted. We'll see you at Summerslam for your first title defense, Lesnar.

lol Jinder Mahall...what a joke.
    Thank you. The idea of Randy Orton or Bray Wyatt getting beaten by some lame-ass jobber is ludicrous. Meekmahan is losing it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I saw that trailer earlier. How much pain she was in is devastating to watch. Fuck the Man w/ 3 Hs and his cunt wife.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Poor Paige. I hope she'll return one day.

(sure, it's just rumors yet, but I was pretty sure she might be expelled once the leak happened)

Edit: okay, edited out the rip part
    Last edited by Volband; 04-22-2017 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    RIP Paige. I hope she'll return one day.

(sure, it's just rumors yet, but I was pretty sure she might be expelled once the leak happened)
    God damn, you made me think Paige was dead or something.

Normally, in situations like this, it might be beneficial for her to experience something besides the WWE life, but I'm really worried that she's just going to get worse. I know that it's not necessarily fair to judge her and Alberto when we don't have all the context of their relationship, but Alberto's numerous (and seemingly drug/alcohol-fueled) tirades make me think he's going to be an enabler at best, and at worst, well, let's not get into that.

If she's in control of her situation, fine. I just don't like the vibe I get from her and Alberto.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Oh god, you scared me...

It doesn't surprise me that Paige won't return, i don't like their relationship either did you guys saw their latest video? Alberto looks wasted as fuck, so sad...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh god, you scared me...

It doesn't surprise me that Paige won't return, i don't like their relationship either did you guys saw their latest video? Alberto looks wasted as fuck, so sad...
    I saw those videos. That did no one any favors.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, need to be careful with "rip". They're dropping like flies these days. But yeah, Paige is probably done. Not very bright, imo. They're not going to let her go either. Probably job her out when she gets cleared or let her rot away until her contract expires.
    Last edited by Piko; 04-22-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    What's next? Kalista or whatever his name is making a run at Brock's universal title?
    I just saw that Kalisto will be fighting Braun Strowman in a dumpster match (or some such thing)...

*closes eyes, holds his head, breathes in*