Page 315 of 389 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 313 314 315 316 317 325 365 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,450 of 11649

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Unpopular opinion: Okada vs Omega was not as good as everyone made it out to be. Don't get me wrong, it was good.. But I'd say 3.75 stars. The shine lasted way too long for my liking. But I guess that's just simply because i'm used to American wrestling.

other news: First match of 2017 is tonight. should be fun.
    other other news: 85% of my matches are now available to watch on my youtube channel "Yautja" enjoy..or don't.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I think Omega really is just taking a break for now, not putting up a smokescreen about his intentions or whatever. NJPW seems like it can put guys like Omega on ice for a little bit and then pick up where they left off with no problem, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just taking a couple months to relax, maybe do some U.S. indies, while he figures out his next move.

I don't think it'll be WWE unless it's a real, genuine fuckton of money like Styles got. And Styles got that after 14 years building himself up as a big name outside of WWE, in TNA, in ROH, on the smaller indie circuit, and then, of course, in NJPW as the top dog. I don't think Omega's at that level yet - he still hasn't grabbed the heavyweight belt, and it seems like NJPW is content to have Okada at the top for a long time. And, of course, we've all seen how WWE is handling Nakamura and Joe (stuck in NXT, bizarrely), and how badly they botched Anderson and Gallows. Omega has seen those things too, and I think he's still in the prime of his career, where he cares far more about his reputation than the money. Even Styles came close to being horribly misused in the first couple months until WWE saw the light and pushed him all the way up to the main event.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I don't think Omega nor the Young Bucks will go to WWE. Why go to a company that is likely to bury you because you're not one of their guys and know that you already make enough money to the point where you don't need them?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Why go to a company that is likely to bury you because you're not one of their guys
    Yeah they sure buried these chumps:

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    They've been better when it comes to bringing in indie guys. That's where the current over ones came from (rollins, aj, zayn, Owens, etc.).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Somewhat interested in tonight's Raw, but feel like it's oversold (HBK & Taker) and will under-deliver.

Predictions on HBK's role:
    Moonshot - HBK comes back to announce he's entering the Rumble. Some sort of beef between HBK & HHH comes up resulting in HBK becoming Rollin's mentor/manager for a huge match against HHH with a retirement stipulation for Haich.
    Realistic - HBK plugs garbage WWE-flick that he's in, sweet chin musics someone and rolls.

Predictions on Taker's role:
    Moonshot - If they hoped to have any storyline continuity AT ALL he begins to pick up where he left off with the Survivor Series warning of "diggin' holes and takin' souls!". He runs roughshod through the Raw roster to get payback for SDL's Survivor Series losses. A feud with Brong Strongman ensues...
    Realistic - There's tension with Jeri-KO in the main event and Roman Reigns is there because, reasons. GONG. Lights go out. Deadman comes out, chokeslams Jeri-KO, then leaves. Cause he's Taker. Roman stands tall.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Taker will be the rumble. That will probably be one of the few takeaway moments. Everything else is forgettable.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I read that HBK hung out w/ Enzo & Cass and gave Rusev sweet-chin music.... what a waste of a HBK appearance. RAW is Snore........

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    He was only really there to plug his movie. It was whatever.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    He was only really there to plug his movie. It was whatever.
    A movie we're not bloody likely to see.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    A movie we're not bloody likely to see.
    Nope. No one will even remember it six months from now.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Isn't that the case w/ most WWE films?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Predictions on HBK's role:
    Moonshot - HBK comes back to announce he's entering the Rumble. Some sort of beef between HBK & HHH comes up resulting in HBK becoming Rollin's mentor/manager for a huge match against HHH with a retirement stipulation for Haich.
    Realistic - HBK plugs garbage WWE-flick that he's in, sweet chin musics someone and rolls.

Predictions on Taker's role:
    Moonshot - If they hoped to have any storyline continuity AT ALL he begins to pick up where he left off with the Survivor Series warning of "diggin' holes and takin' souls!". He runs roughshod through the Raw roster to get payback for SDL's Survivor Series losses. A feud with Brong Strongman ensues...
    Realistic - There's tension with Jeri-KO in the main event and Roman Reigns is there because, reasons. GONG. Lights go out. Deadman comes out, chokeslams Jeri-KO, then leaves. Cause he's Taker. Roman stands tall.
    Not too far off.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Sooooo fucking Reigns is probably going to beat Owens at Royal Rumble now. Vince just refuses to learn. He's not the guy. He's Samoan Cena.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Sooooo fucking Reigns is probably going to beat Owens at Royal Rumble now. Vince just refuses to learn. He's not the guy. He's Samoan Cena.
    That's certainly how it seems. If they do pull the trigger on crowning Reigns, PLEASE turn him heel and have Balor return to win the Rumble.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    That's certainly how it seems. If they do pull the trigger on crowning Reigns, PLEASE turn him heel and have Balor return to win the Rumble.
    Yeah, it's looking likely. I'm thinking Taker wins rumble. Get this feeling that Cena's winning too. That way we get Taker/Cena. Balor could come back later, then challenge Reigns for mania.

Gotta wonder if they even know what they want to do for mania. Seems like they have no idea.

Cool that Jericho is US champion though. He's got to be losing sooner than later though.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I didn't watch RAW, but after reading what happened i don't want to...

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    It wasn't a bad raw. It had it's moments. And I'm not sure if I've said this. But heel Neville might be the best thing about raw and 205 atm. He's just so good with it. And it seems like he's adopted rings of Saturn (or a variation of it) as his new finish. Its also refreshing to see a guy be an actual consistent heel.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just watched the Omega vs Okada match from Wrestle Kingdom 11. Is there a streaming site for new Japan? I mean paid streaming site. I would love to delve deeper into that company.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    It wasn't a bad raw. It had it's moments. And I'm not sure if I've said this. But heel Neville might be the best thing about raw and 205 atm. He's just so good with it. And it seems like he's adopted rings of Saturn (or a variation of it) as his new finish. Its also refreshing to see a guy be an actual consistent heel.
    Neville is the best thing about the cruiser division already, i'm glad he's being used, the guy has tons of talent!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    More bad than good, though.
    Pluses - The continuation of Taker's storyline of "diggin holes and takin' souls" was nice. Jericho getting the US strap is nice, too. Even better was Rusev's tweet that absoultely roasted Jericho.

Minuses - On that note: Rusev is the new Cesaro in the criminally underutilized talent perspective. He's SO good; when HBK's joke about the Golden Globes and Lana (???) totally bombed, Rusev immediately responds "that must be an American joke; I don't understand it." I died. Mick needs to be written off TV for a while. I was hoping they'd do an ACTUAL performance review, where heel Steph runs him down for everything he's botched and they "can" him. She can carry the authority role for a while, or name a new GM. HBK. Sorry, man. I know you're all "born again", but coming out to shill a WWE-produced Christian date flick, then ending the segment with a crotch-chop kinda mixes the messages. On the New Day & Titus, I thought they ended this last week? I really thought this week's segment was a recap and they were about to cut back to the ring until they cut to the video of Titus' keg fail in NXT.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rusev was the best part of that segment. Everyone was meh. And I'm so tired of enzo saying "cuppa hatas". He says it way too often and not even in context. It needs to go away. All enzo is doing now is regurgitating the same lines now.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I think Enzo is very charismatic, but i'm getting bored of their act already, i don't see much future for both of them when they split the tag team...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    They need to end this "feud" yesterday. Enzo, when given the ability to write his own material, is hysterical. I think there's a definitive difference in his promo when he's doing his own material vs. what is written for him.

In other WWE news, I came a cross this in my Facebook feed - The Funniest FCC Complaints About Pro Wrestling and it's pretty funny.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    He can be extremely entertaining. He's repeating the same stuff now though. They've gotten stale. Plus, they kinda turned him into a douche. Try to hit on another man's wife and other shady shit, and he's still a face? Where's the logic in that? He deserves what he got.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Right?! I'm a big mark for those two, but even when he got the hotel room beat-down, I was cheering Rusev. I don't get how he's still a face. Thinking it's creative trying too hard to force them into a tweener role (like DX/New Age Outlaws). In this era, the tweener role and this storyline are not working.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Sounds like typical creative; forcing someone into a position/alignment where they don't belong. Cough...reigns....cough.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch for the WWE Smackdown! Women's Championship inside a steel cage.... who couldn't be excited for that?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Out of curiosity, does anybody actually watch my matches anymore?? I know people did when I first started wrestling..but now that my career is picking up, and I have matches every weekend, thats a LOT of videos I post. I'm not going to be offended if you don't..I'm genuinely curious.

Please do not ignore this post, can you PLEASE quote this post and let me know if you watch what I post. <3

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I watch from time to time. I've been busy or consumed with things in what free time that I do have. But yeah, I watch.