Page 307 of 486 FirstFirst ... 207 257 297 305 306 307 308 309 317 357 407 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,210 of 14580

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    We went to NXT in Richmond tonight and boy was it a blast. Reminded me why I love pro wrestling.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    We went to NXT in Richmond tonight and boy was it a blast. Reminded me why I love pro wrestling.
    Glad you had fun

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    lol nah, I believe you. Just like I believe you when you say that match SUCKED because I watched it on ppv at the time and it did INDEED SUCK.

The sad thing is, at least back then, these guys were both *active* participants on the WWE roster. Like, at least it made sense they were there fighting, regardless of how awful that match was. But now, it's nothing more than a part-time money-maker pitted against another dusted-off 50-something WCW guy who hasn't wrestled in ages. The only reason they're bringing back Goldturd is because he's a name the fans at least recognize.

My only hope is that their first encounter has become such Wrestlecrap lore that this rematch (if it in fact happens) gets shit on just as bad, if not worse..
    That and the new WWE 2K17 game has Lesnar on the cover and Goldberg as a dlc pre-order character. No one here has mentioned it but the video games link to what's going on contract wise with some people. It's been happening since 2K14. The only one that hasn't had the pre-order wrestler/promo was 2K16's with Stone Cold and the random Terminator T-800 character. Stone Cold is too busy and retired and T-800 doesn't exist hahah.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And now for our own personal amusement.... Cybermania!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That and the new WWE 2K17 game has Lesnar on the cover and Goldberg as a dlc pre-order character. No one here has mentioned it but the video games link to what's going on contract wise with some people. It's been happening since 2K14. The only one that hasn't had the pre-order wrestler/promo was 2K16's with Stone Cold and the random Terminator T-800 character. Stone Cold is too busy and retired and T-800 doesn't exist hahah.
    Yeah, the 2k games usually lead to something. Arnold was inducted into the HOF after his inclusion into the game, and was involved in Triple H's mania entrance.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, the 2k games usually lead to something. Arnold was inducted into the HOF after his inclusion into the game, and was involved in Triple H's mania entrance.
    Don't forget:

Bruno sammartino's hall of fame
    ultimate warrior's hall of fame/ambassador return
    Sting debut

I for one am excited to see Goldberg vs lesnar 2. The first one was SO bad it became good. It's iconic.. I don't think the rematch will be the same. And if it IS the same, I'll still love it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Was Bruno in a game? Is that what did it? I know about everyone else. I thought Bruno's induction just kind of happened over time, not 2k. 2k also kind of mended fences with Savage before he died, I think. Or was it an action figure? Either way, it opened the door that led to his induction. Shame he wasn't around to see it...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Was Bruno in a game? Is that what did it? I know about everyone else. I thought Bruno's induction just kind of happened over time, not 2k. 2k also kind of mended fences with Savage before he died, I think. Or was it an action figure? Either way, it opened the door that let to his induction. Shame he wasn't around to see it...
    I thought he was. I'm not 100% sure now

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Me neither. You could be right though.

WWE title match opens the show tonight. Guessing because of the debate. Wonder what will close the show. Becky is apparently injured as well. So that match is probably not happen. Should be a good show otherwise. They better nor strip the title off Becky though.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This has actually been a pretty good show so far. I didn't think after the WWE Championship match it would hold my attention but Tag titles match was pretty good and the IC title match was fantastic. Although I wanted Miz to retire Ziggler. I guess Wyatt vs Orton will be last. Which I have zero desire to see. The two performers I dislike the most.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Triple Threat title match and IC title were both REALLY solid matches. Both were a blast to watch. I'm disappointed that Miz lost the IC match, but I feel like this feud is far from over. Orton and Wyatt was a fucking joke though. Does anyone actually care about Luke Harper coming back??

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Triple Threat title match and IC title were both REALLY solid matches. Both were a blast to watch. I'm disappointed that Miz lost the IC match, but I feel like this feud is far from over. Orton and Wyatt was a fucking joke though. Does anyone actually care about Luke Harper coming back??
    Yes. I think Harper was and still is the most talented member of the wyatt family.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Luke Harper is great, i wanted him better on RAW challenging Braun Strowman, but i guess Bray will need him now that Erick Rowan is injured (weakest member of the family IMO).

I heard good things about "NoMercy", i guess i'll watch later, the WWE produces far too much of wrestling lately and i feel i can't be updated, i think the WWE is becoming the definition of "quantity over quality".

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Harper is the man. Very underutilized. Pretty whatever about Rowan. Harper is extremely agile for a guy his size.

Oh, and Paige got hit with her second offense of the wellness policy. Painkillers, I think.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Not to interrupt the flow going on here, but I had to share this.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

Not to interrupt the flow going on here, but I had to share this.
    I heard about this story and quite honestly, Dynamite Kid had it coming.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    He was an amazing athlete, but a very troubled guy. And he was going downhill pretty fast during this time, the injury he sustained in 1987 was the beginning of the end for him.

With how Raymond explained it, I have a lot of respect for Vince in how he handled it. He only served to calm things down between everyone and didn't take sides.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    He was an amazing athlete, but a very troubled guy. And he was going downhill pretty fast during this time, the injury he sustained in 1987 was the beginning of the end for him.

With how Raymond explained it, I have a lot of respect for Vince in how he handled it. He only served to calm things down between everyone and didn't take sides.
    I watched the whole video, and it's a very interesting shoot, but i wasn't surprised, Dynamite Kid was a nutjob, i'm glad he got what he deserved.

Not trying to sound too dark but i've been thinking about Chris Benoit lately, i always found interesting that one of Benoit's biggest idols was The Dynamite Kid, i always found this to be an scary coincidence...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Right now, the WWE and Paige are in war with each other over Paige's wellness violation: http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/201...rug-suspension

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I watched the whole video, and it's a very interesting shoot, but i wasn't surprised, Dynamite Kid was a nutjob, i'm glad he got what he deserved.

Not trying to sound too dark but i've been thinking about Chris Benoit lately, i always found interesting that one of Benoit's biggest idols was The Dynamite Kid, i always found this to be an scary coincidence...
    I just watched No Way Out 2001 last night, and those knife edge chops he gives Jericho during that 4 way match.... *shudders*... make your lungs explode!!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I just watched No Way Out 2001 last night, and those knife edge chops he gives Jericho during that 4 way match.... *shudders*... make your lungs explode!!
    That was an awesome fatal four way, matches like that are a rare find today...

what about Jericho/Benoit ladder match at the 2001 Royal Rumble?
    Those guys kicked the shit out of each other! ...when Benoit does the suicide dive and Jericho hits him with a chair in the air looks fuckin brutal...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Jericho/Benoit at RR 2001 might be my favorite match of all time.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Jericho/Benoit at RR 2001 might be my favorite match of all time.
    Jericho always had quality matches with Benoit, just like Kurt Angle, actually his match versus Kurt at RR' 2003 it's among my favorites ever!

I can't believe Benoit is gone and he did what he did, he used to be one of my favorite wrestlers (he still is..), but what happened is fucking surreal

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I often refer to Benoit as He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named as it's hard because he was one of my favorite wrestlers but that all changed after what he did. It's really hard to separate what he's done in the ring with what he did in the end of his life.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Looks like Itami is hurt again. Guy went to powerslam him, and instead slammed his head into the mat. Think they stopped it. Really sucks.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Looks like Itami is hurt again. Guy went to powerslam him, and instead slammed his head into the mat. Think they stopped it. Really sucks.
    I saw that video. It looked horrible. Itami's luck is just bad and it's a shame considering how much hype he had when he arrived at NXT and it's likely he will never succeed there.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's not his fault. This one is definitely not his fault. Shit happens. Hopefully it's not too serious. It sucks. He was out for over a year and now this.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Damn, poor Itami, the guy was just getting started and now this, i guess we'll never see him feud against Nakamura

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Damn, poor Itami, the guy was just getting started and now this, i guess we'll never see him feud against Nakamura
    I know I was really looking forward to him tagging with Ibushi too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Broken Matt Hardy continues to lose his mind on twitter and I love it. I doubt The Bucks of Youth will be allowed to show up but The Honorable Ring has worked with Hardy before so you never know. The Day of the New, though? No fucking way.

The Elite vs New Day is a dream match for sure, in somewhat related news.