Page 233 of 486 FirstFirst ... 133 183 223 231 232 233 234 235 243 283 333 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,990 of 14580

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    "For the cure" is a total scam and a disgrace, i hate how Susan sues everyone that uses pink to promote the fight against Cancer, hypocrites...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guess I'm going to have to read up on that...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Guess I'm going to have to read up on that...
    Here you go: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_..._and_criticism

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Now that I think about it, I remember reading something about a low percentage of wwe merch only going to komen. But, from what I read, it seems like the charity itself is getting dicked. MLB only giving around 100k, etc. I dunno... for wwe, it's a publicity thing either way. No doubt about it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was hoping the third member of New Day would be the one to take the US title off of Cena at HIAC but then they made it very apparent it will be Ziggler. Oh well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Or maybe Rusev. His promo hinted at chasing a title.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    And now a rolling Stone article? Just when I think they've run out of ways to make fools of the main roster..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    And now a rolling Stone article? Just when I think they've run out of ways to make fools of the main roster..
    They've added somebody who covers Pro Wrestling for the website, there's usually a weekly RAW recap/review & frequent interviews with current & former wrestlers.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    They've added somebody who covers Pro Wrestling for the website, there's usually a weekly RAW recap/review & frequent interviews with current & former wrestlers.
    Ah gotcha. Didn't know that. First time in a long time someone's mentioned a wrestling related article I guess.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That's just a magazine's attempt to try and be relevant as they're still not doing a good job.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So Punk has come out against Komen as well. Surprise! He calls it a scam as well. The more I read about that company, the worse it gets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    MSG was meh....Raw put me to sleep. Man, this sucks, I truly want to enjoy WWE put I've been having a real hard time lately. I'm going on vacation next week so that'll be two episodes of Raw that I will be missing. It's probably for the best. I'll be watching Takeover this week then it's no wrestling until HIAC for me.

However, I really enjoyed the WWE24 NXT special.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    MSG was meh....Raw put me to sleep. Man, this sucks, I truly want to enjoy WWE put I've been having a real hard time lately. I'm going on vacation next week so that'll be two episodes of Raw that I will be missing. It's probably for the best. I'll be watching Takeover this week then it's no wrestling until HIAC for me.

For a show that was meant to be a house show, it was fine. It's definitely getting mixed reviews, and I get that. I thought it was good for what it was. If people were expecting a ppv type event, then yeah, they're going to be disappointed.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

I read Vince had a lot to do with the MSG show and that's why it wasn't well-received. Triple H did the one in Japan.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I for the life of me cannot understand why they don't put more effort into their main roster product. Sure, there's no competition, but what does that matter when your ratings are currently less than half of what they were in the late 90s? As a business, they could be making a shit load more money if they weren't resting on their laurels. I remember back in the day when stone cold shirts were as common as attire and house shows in my town were regularly sold out. Now they practically give away tickets Just to half fill the arena.

I really wish he would just swallow his pride and spend a mil or so to hire a think tank whose purpose is to figure out ideas to push boundaries and make the product fresh, must see tv again

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    All they need to do is adapt and listen. Vince refuses to do that. Times change and Vince doesn't accept that. Thinks he can just do what he's used to doing and everything will be alright. The fans are a lot smarter than he wants to give them credit for. When the fans are telling you what's wrong with your product, and telling you what they want, you have a problem. Trips gets it. Maybe it's because he's younger and more with the times and the goings on outside of the company. Vince absolutely refuses to allow people to get over naturally. That's like the biggest sin to him. If they didn't over because of him, it's sacrilege.

Cesaro being the current guy in that position. Crazy over, yet, they don't want to pull the trigger with him. And every time he gets some momentum, they take it away. When's the last time he was on raw or smackdown? Heard he was in a five minute match on superstars...that's it..

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It's not just Triple H the WWE needs to save them but they need Shane as well. Shane was probably the one guy that knows the business side of things almost better than his old man and certainly better than his sister. Yet, I don't blame him for leaving and if he never wants to come back. I won't blame him for that as well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not sure what his role was. But apparently, Shane was crucial to the attitude era.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think you guys have to be right about Vince's ego being the main problem. It's the only thing that makes any logical sense. And yeah, I remember hearing a few times that Shane was the one who had to push Vince into initially starting to do the more cutting edge stuff.

I think they're in a void trying honestly to please too many demographics of viewers, and it's leaving creativity without a tangible direction to pursue. In the AE, they seemed to find their niche with the ages 16-40 crowd. I'd like to see them do that again, only without trying to rehash the old ideas, a new movement with fresh angles and story lines. Let the new talent show what they got and fucking WRESTLE. I think they could reach those old ratings again if they give people like Ambrose the freedom to just be themselves.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Don't know if it's really am issue with demographics. I think the shows are just poorly put together. Best roster in years, and they have nothing to show for it. I'm fine with a PG program. Problem is, they have a clusterfuck of ideas from the 30 writers they have. How do you put a show together like that? Sounds like a mess. Especially when they're not getting the job done. All they need to do is keep it simple. If a guy's over, run with him - not bury him. It's still a wrestling program last I checked - still in the name.

Very curious to see what they do, and who they run with when Cena splits. Granted, it's only a month (I think), but still... they need to build new stars. There's no excuse with the current roster they have. But, instead we get convoluted three hour raws, the most naturally over guys get buried. Less is more.

Oh, as let's not forget the clusterfuck of a divas division... They really need to pay close attention to NXT. There's a reason why it continually gains a reputation and following, rapidly.
    Last edited by Piko; 10-06-2015 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    One of the main issues is the booking i mean, they have guys like Lesnar and make them fight Kofi (even Big E made so much more sense) or Big Show.
    They have legends like Sting and make them job and the less we talk about the Divas the better...

Not sure what Shane's role was either but i can definitely spot a decrease of quality when he left, JR, Cornette and even Vince Russo were crucial to the "Attitude product", too, i'm pretty sure any of those guys did a better work and had more respect for the wrestling business.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So, who's turning heel tonight? Joe or Balor? Joe is the easy pick. But Balor could be possible. This will probably lead into a feud with Itami. He's due back any day now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Balor......

BTW, how many minutes do you think Asuka will destroy Dana Brooke? I give it 5 minutes considering that Brooke might have a few good shots on her.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Brooke can do five minutes, I think. She can start out strong and then get demolished once Asuka figures her out.

I hope Balor turns. He doesn't have a character - I think a superiority complex would work well for him, so he could belittle Joe for presumably losing the tournament for them and be a big asshole about everything in general. "Not appreciated," etc etc.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Takeover made the worst NXT booking decision I've ever seen in having four singles guys be in the finals of the tag tournament. Fucking stupid. Main roster booking is infecting NXT.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It is indeed 100% bullshit eliminating both young teams.

On the positive side, Asuka is fucking great!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Takeover made the worst NXT booking decision I've ever seen in having four singles guys be in the finals of the tag tournament. Fucking stupid. Main roster booking is infecting NXT.
    Not if it leads to something. I'm a little behind, but I expect the outcome of the tourney to carry on until the next takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

Yeah, I was hoping for Jordan and Gable to make the final... Asuka had a great debut. Match wasn't great, but it was good enough. Brooke was out of her element. Emma/Asuka should be good (if it happens).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

Loved the crowd chanting for Gable to Angle's theme. Awesome. Very impressed with the ending sequence of that tag match as well. As for the elimination of both young teams - eh. I get what you're saying that they should (especially Gable and Jordan) be pushing their talent as it is a DEVELOPMENTAL brand. But, from a business side, if you're looking to get the $$, put some indie darlings like Balor and Joe.

Asuka is indeed badass. I was surprised with Dana Brooke - decent in that match up; impressed with her abilities on the mat.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Brooke is getting better. But compared to a vet like Asuka, some of her inexperience showed.