Page 223 of 487 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,690 of 14581

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Cena just got screwed Jon Stewart? Really?? How does something like this happen?
    Who cares! Stewart turned face and helped Seth Rollins. That is what happened and the people love it! Thank you Jon Stewart!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not hating. It was awesome. Just incredibly from out of nowhere. No one could have saw that coming

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Maybe I will watch RAW tomorrow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I'm not hating. It was awesome. Just incredibly from out of nowhere. No one could have saw that coming
    I was immediately pissed; Rollins was having the match of his life (the dueling roll-thru to deadlift to AA combos were sick!), only to have Stewart jump in and invalidate the whole thing and cheapen his championship reign even further. Now I'm just kinda pissed, and kinda coming to terms with it. Maybe I'll like the booking by tomorrow.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I feel like Rollins has been booked like a perfect heel champion. Put on a great performance and then just needs to cheat to win. I like it.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'm glad Rollins won, i don't think i would be able to stand another Cena reign, plus he's no Ric Flair...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I feel like Rollins has been booked like a perfect heel champion. Put on a great performance and then just needs to cheat to win. I like it.
    Yeah it makes sense to continue his heel reign, I just thought the way he was working the match was more in line with a possible face turn. I also had more questions around why Stewart had ANY part in the match, but, hey, HEADLINES. As previously stated, the more I think about it, it makes more sense (minus the interference from Stewart).

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm glad Rollins won, i don't think i would be able to stand another Cena reign, plus he's no Ric Flair...
    He is nowhere in the league of Flair. Flair is 22-time champion (some of those reigns aren't recognized by the NWA and the WWE) and held those titles for a long time. He was a great champion and he dropped the belt to those who earned it and didn't look weak in the process nor made him look bad. Plus, can anyone remember a promo that Cena gave that is in the same league of any of the promos Flair has done?

Who won the final match?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Undertaker vs Brock lesnar: Rematch 2 at Survivor Series anyone? Hell even Hell in a Cell. I'm calling it.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, I read what happened. That was bullshit. I guess Taker is now a heel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got back from Summerslam. This is the perfect set up for Sting vs Taker. Remember when Sting said "I'm the face of retribution. I am the silencer of injustice. I am Sting." Sting will make this right. Jon Stewart heel turn was awesome! I'm drunk good night.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okay....Summerslam was pretty good. Rollins won in heel fashion but it looks like he didn't expect Stewart to do what he did. Rollins is going to be hilarious as WWE Champ and US Champ.

The Divas match was booked terribly IMO. No one cared about the finish
    Amell was better than expected, I hope Stardust and Barrett remain together.

Owens FTW

The Taker Brock match was great, much better than the WM match. Guess Taker really is a heel now.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Alright, well, that was a show.

First off, Orton/Sheamus was boring as shit right up until the double-brogue finish. Good way to do the ending, and if Sheamus isn't cashing in (which he didn't), then him going over was the right call.

Tag match was a hilarious mess. They actually had me believing for a second that the fuckin' Matadores would be walking out with the belts. Glad New Day got them back - they're the real best team in the division. PTP had a good run, but AYYYYY, WE WANT SOME NEW DAY.

Ziggler/Rusev fucking sucked like I thought it would. Ziggler has hit the bottom and he's dragging Rusev down with him. The only thing this angle has done besides tanking Ziggler, Lana, and Rusev is that it gave Summer Rae something to do and she's done a good job. And we didn't even get a real finish, so look forward to this trainwreck at Night of Champions. Fuck this match.

Amell/Neville and Stardust/Barrett was a good match with a surprising amount of heat on Amell. Everything he did was super basic, but he did his spots well, and he earned his spot in the match, I think. Shame that they won't be able to make this a long-running feud.

IC triple threat was fine. Miz had some good comedy spots, Big Show didn't win, satisfactory all around. 2/3 Shield vs 2/3 Wyatts was a good, brutal match, but it didn't do Roman any favors. I think the Wyatts should've gone over (story of every Wyatt match, amirite?), but I was satisfied overall.

Good god, Big Match John is so good. This match was fantastic, and all of the spots were incredible. I didn't even know Seth could do a running moonsault. Cena needs to get rid of that damn stunner, though. Looks fucking awful every time and the commentators have to cover his ass. Jon Stewart turning heel was incredible. I really thought he was going to fuck Rollins, and I'm very interested in seeing why he did what he did. This has a ton of potential. I wonder how long Rollins will have both belts, though - that takes a spot away from the midcard that they need.

Divas match was a fucking mess, but I enjoyed watching it. I'm really glad that Becky got the pin - Charlotte's been slipping on the main roster and Paige has had her time, so Becky was the best choice to go over. She'd better get a title shot and win next month.

Cesaro/Owens was the pure wrestling match of the night. Fantastic work all around. Glad Owens went over, seeing as he endured four big losses in a row, but it's a shame it came at the cost of Cesaro. As long as he keeps winning after this, he'll be fine.

Lesnar/Taker was...a match. Taker is slow as shit, but he gets his spots in, so it's fine. Lesnar's a monster as usual. Those Germans were scary, even though Taker took them the right way. That finish, though...I think ringing the bell was the big mistake. Have Lesnar celebrate, have Heyman see the tapout, have Lesnar drop the hold and celebrate because he thinks this is an easy ride, get the ref distracted, then do Underhanded Heel Taker and go with the finish. The bell ringing fucked everything up and confused the entire arena because only a single row of people, probably, could see Taker tapping. Guess we're headed to round 3 at Mania, in any case.

I've seen a lot of people getting real mad over this, but I thought that, bar the main event finish and some boring undercard matches, this was a very good show. The main event drags it down, though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One thing that I really enjoyed about this event was that the commentators brought attention to the blood...made it feel like more of a competition than a show.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Seth Rollins is the fucking man. Great performance tonight!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Also, if it wasn't abundantly obvious to everyone before, Team Bella Twatz cannot hang in the ring with any of the others except Tamina. It's insulting that they're still even in the same playing field. And that Nikki has the title but, hey, the office needs to stick it to AJ (and by proxy, Punk)!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The ending to that Taker match was so goddamn dumb. What a lame buzzkill. It was such a shitty idea that the TV production couldn't even pull it off without it just looking as sloppy as it really was. Oh well, the Cena/Rollins match was great and that's the match I was most excited for.

Truthfully though, Bayley vs Sasha at NXT Takeover was far and away the best match of the weekend. Nothing a SummerSlam was able to top that.

Also, side note, but what was the deal with them seemingly NEVER having the Titan Tron screen showing anythingthe entire weekend? I swear I even heard chants of "Turn the screen on" during one of the matches at NXT Takeover.
    Last edited by richardp; 08-24-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The ending of the main event was completely lame. I get that they're trying to protect Brock but it just came off as confusing.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Summerslam was decent but NXT Takeover was the REAL winner of the weekend...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 08-24-2015 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My soon-to-be-wife just sent me this:

She's a keeper!
    Last edited by the duder; 08-24-2015 at 08:33 PM. Reason: video embed didn't work

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The Dudleys return! Looks like they might be back, like, for real. Hell yes!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Believe it or not but.... John Cena turned heel by attacking Jon Stewart who explained his actions all because he didn't want to see Ric Flair's record to be broken. Then again, Cena had been a heel for a very long time.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    What he did was completely heelish. But, he did get screwed over in a heelish way. Maybe Stewart is that catalyst. Maybe not. He'll always be in that gray area though. Good segment though. Pretty good raw. Shitty crowd.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Wow, Sting AND The Dudleys? That's so good that it almost feels as if WWE is saying "hey we know we fucked up, so this one's on us."

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Some people are hating on Sting. I'm hyped for him. He was quick as a cat in there. Shame that some of his paint melted off though. Must have been hot in there.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Hey, I'm for a Sting WWE title reign just as long as he drops the belt to someone worthy like Rollins, Ziggler, Cesaro, or Owens. I just hope it's not to Cena, Sheamus, Orton, Reigns, or.... Cena again.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Marked out big for The Dudleys and Sting...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    So it doesn't make sense for Sting to go 0-2 in WWE but I can't see them putting the belt on him either. Very interesting.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There's no way the WWE is going to trust the WWE Title with an old timer like Sting. It's cool they're giving him a title shot, but I can nearly guarantee that Rollins will retain and then we won't see Sting again until Mania.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Maybe they do one of those finishes where it looks like Sting won the championship and the Authority reverses it the next night.
    But yeah if I'm a betting man I'd bet on Rollins winning.

I wonder what their plans are for the US championship.