Page 215 of 485 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 265 315 ... LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,450 of 14544

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It still doesn't explain why JBL just shouts random sentences and constantly looks confused! Where is THAT in the notes? What is the point of that motherfucker!
    "Must Dress Professionally"... soooo Vince thinks that all of The King's Ed Hardy shirts are professional looking?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It confirms what so many of us have expected was going on for years.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This is a perfect example of how fucking stupid WWE is. The part in the notes to the commentators about how "no one will forget austin/mcmahon". The reason the commentary from that era is legendary is because JR and Lawler didn't have these types of shitty rules to follow!

Also, capping it with "be yourself" is absolutely hilarious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Must have added a part to constantly remind everyone on how much Cena supports the armed forces. And if it doesn't involve Cena, don't mention any charities. Also, spout off nonsense propaganda about how it's the number 1 rated show against such and such or how many people have downloaded their shitty app. Or number 1 trending worldwide when they're not.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    Also, capping it with "be yourself" is absolutely hilarious.
    That was also my favorite part.

"Here are 904372 words you shouldn't say. Nobody give a fuck what you think. Here is another list of 1241 other things you should avoid talking about BUT BE YOURSELF!!!"

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Those notes are hilarious.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's funny in an ironic kind of way. They say "have fun", yet they completely neuter them. With a company like WWE, I understand that there needs to be a level of professionalism. But, that is a little extreme and overboard. Explains a whole lot as well. Thankfully, I'm able to zone out the commentary (for the most part).

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Wow... why am I not surprised by all of this? No wonder people are tuning out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ROFL

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's funny reading what Sarah has to say because while it's pretty normal to fans by now, to people outside of the bubble (that is assuming she isn't a fan) it must look completely insane. Which they probably aren't wrong about.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This Divas segment is legit!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Fucking right! Sasha went out there to make a point. Was kind of hoping for Becky to do a little more than sit in the corner. Nerves, probably. Hopefully this is the shake up the division needs.

Anyone else notice how they had Sasha with the other minorities? I wonder if someone told her where to stand when she entered. My bet is on "yes". Vintage wwe on race.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I understand why but I wish Stephanie didn't do the introductions. It made it seem a little forced but the segment worked really well.

Now they just need to fix the identity crisis in the Divas division. The Bellas face Paige they are Heels. The Bellas face Naomi and they are Faces. That's just dumb character development.
    Last edited by RJK; 07-13-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm ok with Stephanie doing it. It worked. My worry is the inconsistent booking of the divas, and the worry of creative now allowing them to do what they're capable of doing. All of three of them are extremely capable of putting on 20+ minute show stealers. I don't know if Vince is going to allow a divas match to one up the men. Trips will, but i'm not so sure about Vince. Way too good to be relegated to mediocre five minute matches.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, that segment with the Divas was fucking great. The reaction Becky, Charlotte, and Sasha got. Holy shit. Plus, they kicked ass. Finally, things are getting interesting.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Fucking right! Sasha went out there to make a point. Was kind of hoping for Becky to do a little more than sit in the corner. Nerves, probably. Hopefully this is the shake up the division needs.

Anyone else notice how they had Sasha with the other minorities? I wonder if someone told her where to stand when she entered. My bet is on "yes". Vintage wwe on race.
    A different tack is that Sasha is still a heel, so she aligned with Naomi and Tamina, who are also heels, but they're the "badass" heels compared to the Bellas' "shitty brat" heels. It did look pretty obviously segregated otherwise, though.

Segment was great. We didn't need Stephanie to facilitate all this, but she wasn't terribly intrusive and she got the fuck out of the way pretty quickly. Rest of Raw was pretty great, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That Divas segment. Seeing them all in the ring with a "this is awesome" chant going was a great moment. Now the division needs to go back to being the women's division...I know that's a long shot but this was a good start.

Good to see Cody back, and that Cesaro Rusev match was brutal.... was that suplex from the apron botched? Because damn that looked like it could have really hurt one of the guys with how awkward it was.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Marked the fuck out of it...

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-14-2015 at 11:01 AM. Reason: Forgot picture

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Once Bayley becomes part of the main roster, the Four Horsewomen will arrive but... who should be their J.J. Dillon?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Once Bayley becomes part of the main roster, the Four Horsewomen will arrive but... who should be their J.J. Dillon?
    I nominate Carmella

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    OK, when the Four Horsewomen form.... should they be wearing power-suits or something with sunglasses and expensive shit?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Rumors are saying that Sting will be wrestling at Summerslam, possibly against Taker...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 07-16-2015 at 08:25 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Says they both are. A pic popped up the other day with Taker training, so it's possible. As to who they face, no clue. Judging from Sting's mania match, he may be able to carry a match with Taker. Taker looks to be in great shape now though (like he did in mania). I'm all for Sting. Whatever about Taker though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my tickets to NXT Takeover Brooklyn, Summerslam and RAW! The RAW shows after PPV's are always great. I was at the RAW Izod show after Wrestlemania 29 nothing comes close to how much fun that was. Can't wait till Summerslam weekend!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Got my tickets to NXT Takeover Brooklyn, Summerslam and RAW! The RAW shows after PPV's are always great. I was at the RAW Izod show after Wrestlemania 29 nothing comes close to how much fun that was. Can't wait till Summerslam weekend!
    Yeah, I've got tickets to this coming Monday's Raw, after Battleground and I'm so excited. I think the last time we got a post PPV Raw here in KC was in October 2001 after No Mercy in St Louis. They're so fun. Our main event that night is supposedly Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, and Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose. So that's going to be pretty goddamn huge.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    Looks like it might get even better. Apparently, Jushin Thunder Liger will be at Takeover. I envy you, alot. If they can bring in Liger for one night, maybe they can bring in Nakamura. Forgot who it was (Bryan?), but they had a twitter exchange with Nakamura about working together.

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah, I've got tickets to this coming Monday's Raw, after Battleground and I'm so excited. I think the last time we got a post PPV Raw here in KC was in October 2001 after No Mercy in St Louis. They're so fun. Our main event that night is supposedly Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, and Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena, Roman Reigns, and Dean Ambrose. So that's going to be pretty goddamn huge.
    That raw should be good. Especially considering the rumors, and it's the first raw leading into summerslam.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Justin "Thunder" Liger... oh, he's fucking awesome. I saw him recently on ROH TV. He's not as fast as he used to be back in the 90s when I first saw him but he's still got it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Justin "Thunder" Liger... oh, he's fucking awesome. I saw him recently on ROH TV. He's not as fast as he used to be back in the 90s when I first saw him but he's still got it.
    Hell yeah he's still got it. Seems like they mostly throw him in tag matches in NJPW though. Guess it helps for the sake of longevity. In ROH, he was still on point. Guy's been around forever though. 80s, I think. So for him to still be around and still put on solid matches is legit.

Crazy that a NJPW guy will show up to a WWE related event though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    How in the fuck did they swing that?

I remember a couple months ago when Samoa Joe debuted and said that the deal he signed was a "game changer" for WWE and NXT - I guess he was right. Absolute insanity. Liger may not be a name on the level of Okada or Nakamura in 2015, but he certainly is an indisputable legend, and working a WWE show while still being a New Japan guy through and through is huge stuff. I wonder what this could lead to down the road.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Goddammit I wish the WWE would quit forcing their wrestlers to partake in boring ass benign commentary. The only one who's actually entertaining is The Miz. And Cena always sounds like he's hosting an NPR podcast.