Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Magazines: print, electronic...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Magazines: print, electronic...

Was looking through online magazine stuff on the play store and have been considering looking into electronic subscriptions from the library and it got me curious if anyone had any they really dig.

Normally I used to jus hit up B&N and raid their racks while drinking coffee but I don't have much time for that anymore. That and the idea of digital magazines appeals to me more than say reading a full book on my laptop.

So what rags do you guys like to follow?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Decibel (hands down best music magazine right now)
    Rolling Stone
    Hi Fructose (which is today what Juxtapoz once was)
    The New Yorker
    Richardson

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The only magazine subscription I have is for the Canadian horror magazine Rue Morgue. It covers every aspect of horror culture, from movies to literature, comics and music, and everything in between. I've been buying the mag for almost 5 years now, and it's pretty fuckin' great!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I go to the library and read The Economist weekly. Excellent political and economic news source. I usually disagree with the politics (I'm to the left, the mag is center/right) but its always interesting to read things from different perspectives and challenge your understanding of the world. I was a reader of Philosophy Now for a few years but couldn't find the time to completely absorb my self in it. Still a good one

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i have a subscription for RetroGamer (UK Monthly)

sometimes pick up

Kerrang (music)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Been a while since I've read/found the Heavy Metal Magazine, the ones with the comics/graphic novels in it. shame.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't really follow many magazines anymore. I normally pick them up if someone I love is on the cover. But I think British music mags, like Q, are great. Metal Hammer is pretty good too.

Am I the only one that likes to collect and read old magazines? I have a whole collection and I love flipping through them.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i've been a long time subscriber of:

the advocate
    entertainment weekly
    spin
    rollingstone

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I like Time

I read it on my tablet now but I would like to order the physical subscription again.