Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Underneath It All: A Nine Inch Nails Podcast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Underneath It All: A Nine Inch Nails Podcast

Just wanted to open an official thread on ETS.

Underneath It All: A Nine Inch Nails Podcast

Hosted and created by @KarenLeslie on these very boards. With contributions from @Toadflax, @OSLIN and @eversonpoe.
    This podcast was created for and by fans of Nine Inch Nails.

We welcome all advice on how to improve the show,
    which you can share in this thread or visit our new official site www.underneathitall.org to leave a comment under the "contact" link.

Visit the official site to listen/download any episode for free!

Now available on iTunes!

Thanks and enjoy!
    Last edited by OSLIN; 01-09-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Really digging the show so far! I co-run a weekly tech podcast myself called The Menu Bar: http://www.themenubar.net

I've thought about doing a NiN podcast for ages, but assumed the audience would be too small or we'd run out of things to talk about. Glad to see someone else is finally just doing it and seeing what happens.

Anyways, just wanted to say great job and keep it up. Also, why can't I subscribe in iTunes yet?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thepresence0 View Post
    Anyways, just wanted to say great job and keep it up. Also, why can't I subscribe in iTunes yet?
    I agree and hope to have the show on iTunes by the next episode. Thanks for the kind words!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Great episode 2 guys! I'm very shocked that all your top 5's were all different! There were no duplicate's between the 3 of you, that's quite interesting how that worked out.

Funny thing is, my list is almost a combination of all 3 of yours' mixed together, minus 1 song.
    It would look a little something like this:

1. AATCHB
    2. The Perfect Drug
    3. Sunspots
    4. WITT
    5. Happiness In Slavery

Coincidently, I want to hear all of these preformed live and they are the songs that are least likely to ever be played now. I hope, as mentioned in the podcast, with the new "electronic" setup some of these songs actually make an appearance, because if it's anytime these are likely to be played, it's going to be with the setup they have now.

FYI - The CD single you were thinking of that TPD was on was in fact the We're In This Together single. It was split into 3 parts (the WITT single) and one of the parts had WITT, Complications Of The Flesh and The Perfect Drug as songs on it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    You can also talk about the show on reddit, to spread the word.
    http://www.reddit.com/tb/1mn0wo

@ManBurning
    Thanks buddy and it was a pleasant surprise, we all went in without any knowledge of each others list. I definitely think all the songs on your list deserve to be played live.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    We would like to hear your ideas for any future NIN podcast. Just visit www.underneathitall.org and follow the "submission" link. Thanks!
    Last edited by OSLIN; 09-19-2013 at 02:47 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode Two: That's What I List Available now

Karen (KarenLeslie on ETS), Brian (Toadflax) and Jeff (OSLIN) return to discuss some of their favorite Nine Inch Nails tracks.
    Thanks to Maxwell (eversonpoe) for editing and audio.

Let us know what you think. What are some of your favorite NIN songs?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode three will be a discussion on Pretty Hate Machine. What do you like/dislike about NIN's first album?

Episode 2 is available now on www.underneathitall.org

Thanks for listening!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This is absoutely fucking brilliant.
    Top notch.

nin fans > everything (pun sort of intended)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    With the upcoming Nine Inch Nails Tension Tour beginning in less then a week we would like you to share your audio reviews of the shows you've attended here:

ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

Then listen and watch the podcast to hear your reviews.

Thanks for contributing and listening!
    Last edited by OSLIN; 10-07-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Hi, a couple of points I wanted to make. I've listened to nearly all of the first episode now and wanted to say the content was excellent - I've not had the pleasure of listening to much in the way of music podcasts, but the one I have listened to have generally been a bit dull - you've done enough to make it entertaining without becoming preachy.

The only criticism I have is the sound quality - it may be because of the Skype link or whatever software was used to record it, but the sound quality is really poor particularly towards the end of that first episode. Not sure if this is something you might be able to resolve - it sounds like a really, really low bitrate of compression on the recording, the voices start sounding tinny... just not very pleasant. The only other thing is is the second episode not going through the same channels as the first re: distribution? I updated my RSS feed and it won't show the second episode and for some reason my phone won't download it either... did you use audio clips on it by any chance? I know one other podcast I tried out wasn't downloadable due to copyright issues with having audio clips included in the recording.

Hope the above doesn't come across as too critical - you've got a great idea and some solid foundations to build on. Hope the audio quality can improve a little

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yeah, we're working out all the kinks. Not sure why you're having trouble downloading the second cast. You could listen straight from the soundcloud app. We are attempting to get hooked up to itunes by next episode. Bare with us as we trudge ahead and thanks for listening.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Want to voice your opinion on NIN's Pretty Hate Machine for the next podcast? PM me or @KarenLeslie for details.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode 3 of the Underneath It All podcast will be a discussion on @nineinchnails debut album Pretty Hate Machine. http://www.underneathitall.org
    8:09 AM - 25 Sep 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love the podcast guys. Would love to hear more voices on the show too! I would love jump on board myself but I'm busy as hell these days. Keep it up!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Last call guys, we're recording episode 3 this Saturday at 10 a.m. EST and we could use another PHM lover (or hater?) to join us. If you're available, would like to be on the podcast, and have strong feelings about PHM one way or the other, please shoot me a PM and we'll see if we can add you. Preferably, we'd like someone younger than the 31-club thing we have going on, but the main criteria for inclusion is being passionate about PHM.
    Last edited by KarenLeslie; 09-27-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: a.m., not p.m.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Love the show. One MINOR issue with the music samples.

To me at least, it sounded like the volume of the music stayed the same throughout the entire sample. If you are going to take through the latter portion of the sample, I think it would be a good idea to drastically reduce the volume once talking comes in. I found the loud music to be a bit distracting.

Other than that, the show was fucking tits. I would love to be on the fragile or with teeth episode whenever that comes to fruition.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fraser View Post
    Love the show. One MINOR issue with the music samples.

To me at least, it sounded like the volume of the music stayed the same throughout the entire sample. If you are going to take through the latter portion of the sample, I think it would be a good idea to drastically reduce the volume once talking comes in. I found the loud music to be a bit distracting.

Other than that, the show was fucking tits. I would love to be on the fragile or with teeth episode whenever that comes to fruition.
    it definitely DOES NOT stay the same during the entire sample. i made sure to very carefully automate level changes, especially if there's a part where the music gets even louder. i'll even post a screen-cap of my ProTools session if you don't believe me

but i guess i'll scale it back for next time. you're the first person (that i know of) who has said that, but i definitely want the music clips to enhance the podcast, not detract from it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I love the podcast, I only had a chance to listen to the 2nd episode, and while I wasn't that excited about the topic initially (top 5) I really enjoyed it!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Listened to the whole of the 1st episode, really enjoyed the whole thing. I don't have any friends who are into NIN, so I found it really interesting to listen in on you guys discussing the new record, especially since you're all able to articulate your opinions so well. I was kinda smiling to myself at how much depth you were going into when discussing the songs, relating it back to TDS and all, felt like I was listening to an audio version of an ETS thread.

Really good stuff, I'll be sticking around for more!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you were at the St. Paul show, send the nin podcast Underneath It All a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All and contact us through that. I love what I'm hearing and fans around the world would love to hear what you're thinking of the current NIN shows.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you were at the Kansas City show last night, send the Underneath It All podcast a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All and contact us through that. I think fans who don't have the opportunity to see NIN live would love to hear your feedback on the show.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    this made me think about my favorite songs... and I realized some of my favorite songs are the versions that I edited myself. (example: In This Twilight - extended outro, Head Down - 5.1 lol)

I love the conversation and I think it's been working well. Thanks for the show!

"It melts your fucking face" lol
    Last edited by demo; 10-01-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you were at the St. Louis show last night, send the Underneath It All podcast a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All and contact us through that. It seems like a bunch of opinionated fans watched the show last night, so share your thoughts with us and you could hear yourself on the next podcast.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Episode Three: Bow Down is available now at these fine websites:

www.underneathitall.org
    https://soundcloud.com/ninpodcast/episode3

Karen, Brian and Maxwell discuss Nine Inch Nails debut album Pretty Hate Machine.

Trust me, I am working on getting this on iTunes, having trouble with the XML. This is shaping up to be a more permanent endeavor so if someone knows a nice (cheap) site to upload podcast for feeds shoot me a PM. TY.

The next episode is up in the air right now, all I can tease is that we will be discussing Broken or we will have an ninterview

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    The podcast is currently under review for iTunes. I want to tease the fourth episode so badly, but don't want to jinx it.

Episode 3 is available now on www.underneathitall.org

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    You can now subscribe to the podcast on iTunes:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...721681606?mt=2

Feel free to leave a rating/review. Thanks for listening!

Also, another update -- Episode One is currently being edited and will be re-released with Hesitation Marks songs included in the mix.
    Last edited by OSLIN; 10-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    listened to the 3rd one and been really digging them! One of you mentioned (forget who) being from Lancaster PA and i just had to mention I too am from good ol' lancaster county.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rhet View Post
    listened to the 3rd one and been really digging them! One of you mentioned (forget who) being from Lancaster PA and i just had to mention I too am from good ol' lancaster county.
    It was me! Where abouts? I was in Manheim Township for 18 glorious years.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    It was me! Where abouts? I was in Manheim Township for 18 glorious years.
    I grew up in Ephrata..looks like we both successfully escaped!