Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: FKA Twigs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

FKA Twigs

seriously, this is REALLY GOOD! In love with her EP 1 and EP 2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't believe that no one on this forum is talking about this phenomenal artist ?! Her new album LP1 is coming in august and is definitely on album of the year list

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The new album is *ahem* out now. Its fucking sexy. A stratospheric leap forward from the already excellent EPs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Loved the EPs. Probably the best thing I've heard this year, so I got really high hopes for the LP.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    She was fantastic this month at Pitchfork Music Festival, I need to get this one for sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dzaver View Post
    I can't believe that no one on this forum is talking about this phenomenal artist ?!
    Mentioned in the trip hop thread, and music appreciation threads, etc a number of times.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    For those so inclined, this album is great during sexytime. The EPs, too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I hope I'm able to grab tickets to her recently announced San Francisco show. Those in the area, she's playing The Regency Ballroom, November 20th. I just learned of FKA Twigs, last month, and, damn, really like her work.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just listened to the album today. It's really good. Tempted to hit up that Regency Ballroom show.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm really happy that I managed to buy tickets for my friend and me. I'm looking forward to seeing FKA Twigs, live, in San Francisco!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Late to this, just got into this artist recently. I really like what I am hearing.

Happened on this cool interview/article from earlier this year. From http://www.thefader.com/2014/04/22/fka-twigs-power-play

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I'm glad I got to see her earlier this year at a Coachella pool party before she really exploded. LP 1 is really good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Her EPs and album are excellent.
    'Give Up' is my favourite as well as 'Pendulum' and 'Video Girl'

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is a cool little performance and interview...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Robert Pattinson??? I had no idea, how did that happen??

Her new song, Glass & Patron, takes some getting used to.. as if her breaktrough has resulted in a sensory overload.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ambergris View Post

Her new song, Glass & Patron, takes some getting used to.. as if her breaktrough has resulted in a sensory overload.
    Great video though..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Originally posted here http://www.factmag.com/2015/03/30/fk...n-mothercreep/

This news is more than a week old but here ye are....

FKA twigs’ EP3 is on the way, set to feature ‘Glass & Patron’ and ‘Mothercreep’

Fka Twigs' next release is titled EP3, according to her new collaborator Boots. The US producer, who was introduced to the world via his work on Beyoncé’s self-titled 2013 album, has been working with the rising Brit star on her new record.
    In an annotation on lyrics site Genius for twigs’ new track ‘Glass & Patron’, Boots revealed the title of the EP (a natural choice to follow EP1 and EP2) and noted that the opening lines from the track’s video are taken from a different song called ‘Mothercreep’, also set to appear on the EP.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    New interview with news about new EP and some great artwork http://uk.complex.com/music/fka-twig...15-cover-story

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I saw her at Coachella. Being completely unfamilar with her work, I had no expectation and found it to be a nice performance. Her movements/dancing is modern and her costume was a cross between something you'd wear at Cannes or ball room dancing. I found the songs to sound a bit repetitive so I'm going to have to go and listen a bit more. I think I read or heard somewhere that folks call her the new queen of trip hop?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    M3LL155X:

Whole EP, minus last track.
    Last edited by Atu; 08-15-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atu View Post
    M3LL155X:

Whole EP, minus last track.
    Also on Spotify in its completeness.

It's not the sensual, sleek R'n'B anymore. But instead, rather cluttered beats, complicated song structures, literally "art-pop". Yet, not without charm. I'm surprised by how much I like it. Glass & Patron sounds very good in the context of this EP.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    listened to her entire discography in one go the other day. i like a lot of it, don't like a tiny bit, but also don't LOVE any of it. it's intriguing and i find it seductive, but i don't know how often i'd want to listen to it. it sounds like...really sad sex, if that makes sense?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Bump for the release day of CAPRISONGS, which I think is pretty great. Maybe not quite as perfect top-to-bottom as MAGDALENE was, but still great.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    What makes this a mixtape? I tried to find download links for it, but couldn't. It doesn't seem to be free.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What makes this a mixtape? I tried to find download links for it, but couldn't. It doesn't seem to be free.
    It's not, this is a proper new album. One of the opening lyrics is "I made you a mix tape..." but that's Twigs in character.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    It's not, this is a proper new album. One of the opening lyrics is "I made you a mix tape..." but that's Twigs in character.
    Huh, all of the press is calling it a mixtape. weird.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Huh, all of the press is calling it a mixtape. weird.
    Maybe her record label thought that would get more attention? Dunno. It's clear she sees this as her third album according to this tweet thread: