Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal Gear Solid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Goood, I'm so glad Metal Gear Rising turned out so awesome. It's impossible not to feel like a badass, even when you ragequit while fighting Sundowner.

FUCK YOU, OLD MAN!

I absolutely agree with everything in your post.

Will attempt to beat Sundowner again tonight.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm stuck on the Sam Rodriguez boss fight (I get him down to around 20% health and fail). I have a love/hate relationship with this game as it's got a good story and cool graphics but the controls are hit & miss (no pun intended): I manage to get through the boss fights, doing my own thing. For example, I know there is a common technique, involving blade mode, to beat Sundowner. However, after hours attempting to master that technique, I said fuck it and whittled him down with simple slash 'n dash. The mechanics for blade mode are frustrating; I know the concept and just can't get it down. Hopefully, a light bulb will go off as I know I'll need to master the blade mode to earn platinum.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This might be the silliest game ever....

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I beat Metal Gear Rising today after letting it sit around after about a month. I only had to beat the final mission and jesus christ is Senator Armstrong annoying difficult. Gonna replay some missions for fun and get left arms, hidden box soldiers, VR stations, etc. BUT just in time as...

April is gonna see the Samuel Rodriguez Story Mission DLC release.

Earlier this month, the playable character side of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's DLC—which includes separately released Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf missions—was set for an April release. Now, thanks to a handful of new screens, we can see a bit of what's to come with Jetstream Sam's slice of the action.
    There are a few things to take away from the screens below. Not surprisingly, it looks like Sam rocks a Zandatsu technique like Raiden, as well as some VR missions of his own. It also looks like he'll be treading familiar ground, but hopefully the $6.99 pack will offer up a new area or two.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Remember that Phantom Pain viral promo from E3?

Metal Gear Solid V.

Now updated with trailer here.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 03-27-2013 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My Metal Gear boner is SO HARD right now. I love this franchise so much.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Metal Gear Solid

Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Remember that Phantom Pain viral promo from E3?

Metal Gear Solid V.

Now updated with trailer here.
    First time I saw the Phantom Pain video, it seemed pretty obvious. What I'm now finding out is that it was original two games (Ground Zeroes), and now they're combined. Either way, I'm excited for this as I am every MGS game. I wish there would be a game with Zero though. So much story with him that I find it ridiculous that he hasn't appeared in other games (Peace Walker and probably this one as well).

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I seen it. Looks awesome. I hope it's on this generation of platforms, butttttt doubt it. Sadly.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Me too. It looks for sure like it could be next gen (I haven't done any research yet, so I don't really know), and if it ends up being a launch title for the PS4, I'll probably throw every dollar I have at an inevitable MGS5/PS4 bundle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I seen it. Looks awesome. I hope it's on this generation of platforms, butttttt doubt it. Sadly.
    Says PS3 at the end of the trailer

Looks great. My understanding from what I saw: super bizarre shit that relates to past MGS games while he's in the coma, and then a bunch of other weird shit when he awakens? Sign me up!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It could still be on next gen, though. Look at Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I liked the look of the Phantom Pain for the few hours before i realized it was an MGS game. A trippy game whrre you have to deal with PTS and overcome war injuries? Sounds awesome and unique. But when I found out it was MGS i was a little disappointed. To be honest i have mixed feelings about the games. But when i saw this new trailer my hopes have been slightly renewed. It seems like it IS the above described game, but its also an MGS game.

Im a little confused, though. Theres MGS 5, MGS 5 Ground Zeroes, and MGS 5 the Phantom Pain? Three different games?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I liked the look of the Phantom Pain for the few hours before i realized it was an MGS game. A trippy game whrre you have to deal with PTS and overcome war injuries? Sounds awesome and unique. But when I found out it was MGS i was a little disappointed. To be honest i have mixed feelings about the games. But when i saw this new trailer my hopes have been slightly renewed. It seems like it IS the above described game, but its also an MGS game.

Im a little confused, though. Theres MGS 5, MGS 5 Ground Zeroes, and MGS 5 the Phantom Pain? Three different games?
    One game. Think MGS2. Originally it was two games with GZ being the prologue. Same thing, but now a single game. Apparently Phantom Pain takes place years after zeroes. I'm a huge MGS fan, so I'm excited either way.

I have one gripe though. No David Hayter... completely new voice actor for Snake/Big Boss. Maybe its to reflect him getting older? Still, it's going to be weird without him.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ok one game. I go to game stop, pick up one MGS 5... ok, theyre doing a terrible job of making that clear though.

One of the things that repels me from this series is ita convoluted/over complicated mythology. It was something that almost instantly sunk my enjoyment of MGS 4... so theres more than one solid snake? Or theres a few of them?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Big Boss/Naked Snake (MGS3, portable ops, Peace Walker and MGS5)
    Solid Snake (MGS1-2, 4)
    Liquid Snake (MGS1)
    Solidus Snake (MGS2)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Ha! Even in such a simple delivery it seems kind of tough to grasp...

My phone is a cunt by the way.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

If you REALLY want convoluted and hard to grasp, try Kingdom Hearts. MGS is a cakewalk compared to that.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Metal Gear Solid isn't hard to follow at all.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I disagree... Ive always found it to be one of the most challenging, if not the most challenging plots to follow in any medium. The stories have been told in very lengthy installments across multiple platforms for more than fifteen years. Ive never had any of the games take a moment to relate to me the details of its predecessors. With the exception of Reveangence, they all just expect you to show up with your homework finished. The details are usually related during lengthy moments of exposition, through a monologue, before or after some ontense boss fight. And most of the series primary characters are different people with the same face and an only slightly different name. It couples these with exagerrated and breakneck tonal shifts, where youll go from getting high scores for the number of pieces you slice your enemies into, to be lectured by a man who supports the harvesting of the brains of kidnapped mexican orphans, where he asks you to consider the feelings of said enemiess while preaching about the war economy.

To me, it seems like an absolutely insane plot to try to grasp, but i havent invested as much effort into it, if only because it seems so intimidating, and with pretty low reward for that effort

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So this is the first I've learned that Hayter isn't voicing Snake. That's ridiculous!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    So this is the first I've learned that Hayter isn't voicing Snake. That's ridiculous!
    Yeah... I'm not sure how I feel about that. Big Boss looks older, and his voice will eventually change to reflect that, so i'm not too disappointed. But, at the same time, Hayter's voice has been a huge staple for the series. So seeing them move on without him is "weird" and unexpected.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Apparently, its two games again. Confirmed, no Hayter. MGS without him is like an Oreo cookie without the creme. Makes no sense.

edit: why facepalm it? I've been following the news on it. One day, they say it's one game, with Zeroes being a prologue. And the other, it's two games. And how the hell do you facepalm posts?
    Last edited by Piko; 03-29-2013 at 09:16 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Metal Gear "Legacy Collection" is on the way?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...399f7e5d000022

If it features some kind of HD remake of MGS1 or even a port of Twin Snakes, I might be on board. Granted, I own the HD collection, MGS1 on PS1 disc, and MGS4...Eh. I'll wait to hear more, but I'm probably gonna sit this one out.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I had already picked up the HD collection. But! And this is a huge BUT! If they were to port Twin Snakes, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. If not, I'll just either play the gamecube version, or buy the PSN version.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'd be a bit narked off if I had to buy the HD versions of 2, 3 and Peace Walker again.. I already have it on both Ps3 and Vita, but MGS1 in HD would be mighty hard to resist.. What if they used the fox engine? (they probably won't) Yum...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    If it's a Twin Snakes port you can count me out. I can't stand that game. The original MGS1 is my favorite game of all time but TTS is a slap to the face to the original.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I tried going back to the first game. It's a rough transition going back to it after playing TTS and everything else. Maybe I'm just spoiled.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Gameplay wise it was great, but I took some issue with Snake flipping the fuck out and going "GWWAAAAUHH??" a lot kinda off putting. Plus flat voice acting.. and frankly none of the charm. It's a bit like how the Square iOS remakes of Final Fantasy V just lacks the lovely pixel art.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how game designing works, but I wonder -- would it be possible to retain the visual and engine overhaul of Twin Snakes while putting back in place the music, script, voice-acting and cutscene mo-caps from the original MGS?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Well, what else is new? Shame really. I own a PS3 but seriously don't want it or any of them on it. Rather my Xbox. I own MGS4 but I'd love to have it on Xbox.

Other news, the new Bladewolf DLC for MGR hits Xbox Marketplace and PSN on May 14th.