Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37
Results 1,081 to 1,085 of 1085

Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I have never claimed to be a well balanced person. My life seems to cycle from heartbreak and trauma to what some might call mindless euphoria. Always figured that was normal so never really worried about it. Yin and Yang, etc.

But this year has been different. I understand that I am not the only person feeling extra stress this year, obviously. The difference is that there has not been enough opportunity to cycle into the positive head space for long enough to balance things out. And I am feeling very very worn out. Sure, I can still put on a happy face and pretend everything is fine. But inside I am just torn apart.

My father is in his 90's and he lives over 600 miles away. He is dying from heart failure and there is no practical and safe way I can visit him anytime soon. Yes, he has lived a long and very rewarding life. But somehow that does not make things easier to accept.

When I spoke with him a few days ago, it was abundantly clear that he is ready and perhaps eager to move on. It was also clear that he really wants to see me in person before that time comes. And I want that also. But it's just not realistic.

So I am quite sad, and very angry, although there is really no one to be angry at. It's a pandemic. Many have suffered much more pain than I am going through. But knowing that does not lessen the hurt I feel right now.

Mentioned
    847 Post(s)
    My misophonia combined with this Covid and being locked in the house with my husband, who has something that appears to be mild Tourette's that activates under stress (hello, Covid) is driving me to the brink.

Misophonia + vocal tics from Tourette's = please kill me now.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    totally understand that, misophonia sucks.

also did anyone else have a fog lift this morning? I mean, in general not just from the election but definitely because of the election? I swear everything seems brighter and more fun somehow.

I mean the cucumber sandwiches and the coronation chicken sandwiches and the scones and tea are nice too - and not because of the election either, but something I was going to do anyway! - but it just feels so nice to be lighter now.

Now to spend the next two years making sure that doesn't happen again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    i totally cried when i heard the news this morning

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    every single video I watched of people celebrating made me tear up.