Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone else have relatively relentless body dysmorphia? I've been stuck in a rut with it for a few months now in spite of reaching some breakthrough points in therapy about what function hating my appearance serves for me. I just find it so unbelievably hard acknowledging the negative thoughts about my body as they happen, because they're just constant p much. V much autopilot.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I’ve been trying to say less lately. About everything.

It’s not helping.

I’m moving this week. Selling my house was easier than finding another place to live. Lots of bad luck there. The guy I’m buying from is a dishonorable prick. Long story short, now I’ll be moving twice because the place I’m moving into won’t be closed on for 2-4 weeks. So I’ll be staying in a hotel until then.

I’m a routine person. I like to plan. This has and will continue to keep my anxiety at critical levels. It’s the hardest part. My stomach is a nauseous wreck. My ears are ringing.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Anyone else have relatively relentless body dysmorphia? I've been stuck in a rut with it for a few months now in spite of reaching some breakthrough points in therapy about what function hating my appearance serves for me. I just find it so unbelievably hard acknowledging the negative thoughts about my body as they happen, because they're just constant p much. V much autopilot.
    I've dealt with this since college. I was 295 at my heaviest (in high school), but am currently 172. I still feel like I'm 295 pounds when I move (even though I physically have no trouble); I still see someone that is 295 pounds when I look in the mirror. I am unable to grow fingernails without feeling absolutely grossed out, and feel like I'm grossing out others (I do not chew my nails). I also have to shave my head and beard with a #3 and no other guard length. I competely understand the "autopilot" part with regards to negative thoughts and giving in to "rituals" or "old habits".

For me, the key has to been to keep my isolation in check. I work out of my house for 8 months of the year; there's no reason to stay inside during my free time. It's a trap.

I wish you continued breakthroughs in your therapy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Although not (yet?) classed as a biological and environmental condition.

ASD/AS/PDD-NOS and LT Insom. with comorbz.

I have also had experience with The Truman Show effect.

I used to have "nearly" anorexia as a kid, now with medication I am bigger, and looking for the right drive to shed, cut and tone. Ive done this before while exercising both indoors and outdoors. And I think I might just put "discipline" on my ipod (that I don't have) while adding filler to segway into YZ (that I just bought)

*shrugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh god I so relate. The rituals! And the way that isolation really plays into it all too. I just did a holiday for the first time in a year, and when I last went away I was quite underweight because of stress etc, so obviously I've spent the whole 3 weeks trying to work on my BD, but also just chastising myself for being skinnier when I was last away, but also knowing that at the time I felt the same about my body as I do now. It's a world of confusion.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    My husband's depression and anxiety has taken a toll for the worse. I was away last weekend visiting my mother, and we also received news from his sister that she has breast cancer. When I came home, he was obviously in an upset mood. However, he said to me, "I'm actually not that sad about my sister's diagnosis, I'm more sad that you're back and have to live in this hell."
    He continues to express how unhappy he is at his job, threatens to quit everyday. The other night he punched the wall and threw my clothes across the living room. He says he doesn't understand why I'm still around and that I should just leave him. "I'll give you $30K so you can just leave and not have to deal with me anymore!"

He's on Lamotrigine (mood stabilizer, acute treatment for bipolar disorder), Oxcarbazepine (epilepsy), Quetiapine (schizophrenia/bipolar/depression).

His family and my family are aware of the situation and are in contact with him/trying to help, we made a doctor's appointment for him to see later this week. It's just so sad to watch him deteriorate and that there's nothing I can do to help him.
    I don't want to leave and give up on him, but I think it's getting close to that point :-( We've been together for 14 years (married 8), I just can't get myself to throw that away. There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel!

Mentioned
    371 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    My husband's depression and anxiety has taken a toll for the worse. I was away last weekend visiting my mother, and we also received news from his sister that she has breast cancer. When I came home, he was obviously in an upset mood. However, he said to me, "I'm actually not that sad about my sister's diagnosis, I'm more sad that you're back and have to live in this hell."
    He continues to express how unhappy he is at his job, threatens to quit everyday. The other night he punched the wall and threw my clothes across the living room. He says he doesn't understand why I'm still around and that I should just leave him. "I'll give you $30K so you can just leave and not have to deal with me anymore!"

He's on Lamotrigine (mood stabilizer, acute treatment for bipolar disorder), Oxcarbazepine (epilepsy), Quetiapine (schizophrenia/bipolar/depression).

His family and my family are aware of the situation and are in contact with him/trying to help, we made a doctor's appointment for him to see later this week. It's just so sad to watch him deteriorate and that there's nothing I can do to help him.
    I don't want to leave and give up on him, but I think it's getting close to that point :-( We've been together for 14 years (married 8), I just can't get myself to throw that away. There has to be a light at the end of this tunnel!
    :: hugs ::

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @eversonpoe Thank you <3

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

so I've now been put on Risperidone, and taken off of Aripiprazole and it was giving me bladder issues,

has anyone tried Risperidone?

first 2 nights: getting to sleep is near on impossible, then after 5-6 hours I fall asleep for 3 hours when I have to get up, which now is a pro as I'm drowsy lol

not sure if I have re-evaluate when I'm taking the meds, (after my evening meal)
    maybe I have to take them earlier than that??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by InsecureSpike; 04-02-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    OK, came off Rispiridone and now on Flupentixol.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @InsecureSpike Hope it works out!

After meeting with my husband's psychiatrist this past weekend, with everything that he is taking now (Lamotrigine, Oxcarbazepine, Quetiapine, and 2 other pills for his blood pressure & cholesterol), he wants to add Ritalin to the mix because he's showing the symptoms of ADHD. I don't know, I'm going to start looking for a new doctor for him because all he's doing is just giving him more and more pills. I don't like this at all. At what point does this become too much?

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    That's what psychiatrists are for, though. Formal diagnoses and medication management. That's about it. Any additional services, you will have to find a social worker, psychologist, therapist, support group, etc.

Getting outside/other opinions is always a good option, but for most psychiatrists, you're just going to get a brief meeting and prescriptions, not much else.