Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My diagnosis is schizoaffective disorder.

But I think how society has come to categorize situations like mine (seeing and hearing things) isnít quite right.

I think that if certain therapists shared notes theyíd be surprised by seeming coincidence and similarity. Overlap, even.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I finally got a bipolar diagnosis after saying it for years. It took a second hospitalization, but I'm finally on the correct meds it appears. All my pills are taken at night and there's eight of them.

I'm taking 1g (4 x 250mg) of Divalproex. Even a year and a half later it seems like a lot, but they're starting to help more and more. Luckily, my high school buddies have been able to help out, even if it's just a phone call.
    Last edited by poinoup; 08-17-2019 at 01:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I finally got a bipolar diagnosis after saying it for years. It took a second hospitalization, but I'm finally on the correct meds it appears. All my pills are taken at night and there's eight of them.

I'm taking 1g (4 x 250mg) of Divalproex. Even a year and a half later it seems like a lot, but they're starting to help more and more. Luckily, my high school buddies have been able to help out, even if it's just a phone call.
    Iíve lost touch with my high school buddies. My shit hit the fan and everyone (even my family) scattered. I get zero support at home.

Meds do help, I can say now (after 20 years). They donít stop the voices or thoughts, but they do help with the anxiety and depression. I take 1500mg of divalproex (500 am, 1000 pm), and a bunch of other shit. (Kind of tired of it all, honestly).

And, man, I have been hospitalized more times than I can count in the past 20 years. I think itís around 12. When you get no support at home, you gotta get it somewhere. Sad thing is, the hospitals still donít get it. And sometimes they have malicious staff, which is HORRIBLE.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was just reminded that sometimes sleeping on my problems actually helps me find solutions or just mere clarity. Anyway, it's as if it's hiding in plain sight, but it turned out to be true, and just very obvious in multiple ways.

Anyway, it really does turn out that I'm definitely still very much molded, controlled, dictated and haunted/tormented/tortured by my past and my emotions. It's now just a matter on how I utilize and learn from my past and emotions yet again. This was also discovered upon further realizing just how wrong I was and still am about life altogether.

I hope things will eventually turn out better for me in the 2020s, as I finally know where to start from the ground up all over at the very least mentally and emotionally, and hopefully the rest will eventually fall into place.

I didn't know any other thread to put this in, so I thought it would fit in here, and figured that I'd just leave it at that. I also hope I find more purpose, value and happiness later on, and also hope the search gets easier too. Aside from that, things generally seem to be more okay than before, so that's always a plus, even in spite of some highs and lows, but such is life. I guess it pays to take time off to reflect and as mentioned, just sleep on it every now and then.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-18-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    TW: discussion of sexual assault

tomorrow is the 17-year anniversary of my sexual assault. i had a trauma group meeting today at my PHP program but it wasn't at all what i was hoping it would be. still having a lot of trouble right now in general and this on top if it is just...really upsetting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...i had a trauma group meeting today at my PHP program but it wasn't at all what i was hoping it would be...
    I have some big issues, too (including trauma), and I have tried a few times to discuss them in group therapy sessions, and even individual therapy, and have found that it’s hard to cover any major problem when there are limitations like time, other patients’ concerns, and taboo. I don’t think that’s right. It frustrates me deeply. I need help, and have found no one to talk to, even among people whose job it is is to listen.

Just because someone says they can help and want to help doesn’t mean they are really able to, sadly, for whatever reason.