Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegate - I hear you. Maybe let your son find his own path right now? It’s all normal stuff he’s feeling. The last place most kids his age want to be is with a parent. Especially after an extended Covid lockdown. 10 years from now, that may be different. But the more you let him go, while still letting him know you love him, without smothering him, the more he can grow while still knowing you’re always there if he needs you?

Re your therapist’s advise: “Happy” is such a subjective kinda bullshit term.

I like to think of happy as “lack of unhappy.”

So with that in mind, sometimes doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is so fucking awesome. Sometimes taking a NAP in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY ON A SUNDAY is like THE BEST THING EVER. Sometimes wasting hours on a Saturday reading a book is THERAPY.

We sometimes think what will make us “happy” is some grand elaborate thing, but it’s often just the simplest things.

Happy is a fleeting moment?

Sometimes blowing off something you THOUGHT you wanted to do but don’t feel like doing, anymore, actually makes you MORE happy than making yourself do that thing you thought you wanted to do?

I know exactly how you feel, though. Been there.

Life is hard. It’s also REALLY short; much shorter than I ever realized, until I got to the point where it’s almost over and I’m going “holy shit, where did all the time go? The ride’s almost over.” Flitting between suicide ideation and fearing mortality is pretty weird, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-23-2022 at 01:56 PM.