Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
OK, Kratom sucks. I hate it and I wish I had never heard of it.

I actually think it has damaged my brain. Like, maybe forever. I can't remember simple things anymore, I feel like I'm less intelligent, and since I've stopped taking it, I've spent the past 20 or so days just lying in bed staring at the walls. I mean, I have my laptop so I can mess around on there, and every now and again I feel coherent enough to go to the store and buy some food, and then force myself to eat, even though everything tastes like cardboard....

God at this point just kill me. This drug should not be legal.
I don't know much about kratom, isn't it pretty much an opioid? If so, it's just going to take a while before you feel yourself again. But just keep fucking going and you'll get there. True opioid withdrawal is 30 days minimum. 7 days of physical hell followed by a month of mental hell followed by at least a year of sporadic P.A.W.S. episodes. Once you know what you're in for it is much easier to get through it.

Also, I can't stress how important exercise is if you are able. Cardio in particular is the key to feeling better. Start slow but keep going.
And allow yourself to feel bad and know that it will pass eventually. Meditation can help a ton when you're down if you know how to do that. If you don't know how, just go anywhere online and learn vipassana by watching guided meditations. Eat healthy, real, non processed foods. Do these things and you'd be surprised how much different life can feel after one year. At least, that's my 2 cents for what its worth.