Thread: The Mental Health thread - depression, bipolar, ADHD, you name it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i feel like my mental health is at a low point. i haven't been to therapy in three weeks (for various reasons), and during that time, i got a new job (which i started basically immediately) and left working with my dad after 13 years. i have so much going on just with that, especially because this is my first time ever working full-time hours. i've been sick since last sunday, and today was the second day i called out. i'm terrified i'm going to lose my job, but i knew i wouldn't be able to function if i went in today. i spent most of the day on the couch, watching buffy and crying.

i just want to go to sleep and not wake up. i'm not suicidal, i just don't want to have to deal with anything. i feel like i'm going to explode trying to deal with everything. i don't know what to do.
    I know starting a new job sucks, but it usually gets better once you get the hang of things.

Reach out to that therapist ASAP! I’m sure you have good reason to miss out for the last few weeks, but try your best to make it a priority.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    I know starting a new job sucks, but it usually gets better once you get the hang of things.

Reach out to that therapist ASAP! I’m sure you have good reason to miss out for the last few weeks, but try your best to make it a priority.
    the work itself is fine, it's the same sort of stuff i've been doing with my dad basically my whole life (he started teaching me stuff when i was a little kid). it's really just adjusting to the different environment.

the first week i didn't have therapy because my therapist was out of town. the second week was because it was my first day of my new job, my appointment was originally at 3pm, and i knew i wouldn't be able to make it. last week, my appointment was at 5pm, so i figured if i was off at 4 or 4:30 i'd be fine...except that i ended up working in glencoe (a north suburb of chicago) and my appointments are in the city, so by the time i was done at 4:10, it would have taken me over an hour and twenty minutes to get down there, thus cutting my appointment in half.

i discussed this with work (especially because i have to pay for missed appointments with less than 24 hours notice) and they said it shouldn't be a problem in the future to make sure i can leave on time to make it to my appointments. hopefully that stays true.