Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Tekken

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Tekken

really starting to love Tekken 8. At first I wasn't sure about these rage moves that do like 25% of your life (still not sure) and I think the auto-combo thing is dumb and should be something you can disable in online fights... but the game itself is great.

So far I've only really done the tutorials and played the single player. Expecting to get decimated online.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Won't be able to play for some time, but I recently platinumed Tekken 7, and Ioved every aspect about that game.

Tekken 3 will always be my favorite Tekken.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    3 is probably one of my favorite games of all times. So many great memories in various arcades playing it, and then on PS1. Tekken Ball tournaments at my friends house, a fond 8th grade memory.

Never played 4 and 6. Have 7, it didn't grip me like the older ones. As I don't anticipate buying a PS5, enjoy Tekken 8! Glad to see the series living on.

..now it would be cool to see another Soul Calibur game too.Maybe even bring back the Soul Edge name.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    3 is probably one of my favorite games of all times. So many great memories in various arcades playing it, and then on PS1. Tekken Ball tournaments at my friends house, a fond 8th grade memory.

Never played 4 and 6. Have 7, it didn't grip me like the older ones. As I don't anticipate buying a PS5, enjoy Tekken 8! Glad to see the series living on.

..now it would be cool to see another Soul Calibur game too.Maybe even bring back the Soul Edge name.
    If you didn't get into 7 you probably won't love 8. They're not that different imo, outside of the new mechanics, characters, and zoomy camera.
    Just got the platinum.

So far I am not doing so bad online.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tekken 7 was mediocre. I might get 8 but only when it hits a sale. I have always loved this series though. Tag Tournament 2 was the last great game.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Tekken 7 was mediocre. I might get 8 but only when it hits a sale. I have always loved this series though. Tag Tournament 2 was the last great game.
    I wasn't as blown away by Tekken until I loaded up Soul Calibur VI with a friend after playing for a bit, and wow, it's hard to go back to older graphics and less flashy gameplay. I've really warmed up to Tekken 8... I'm having a hard time finding a character that doesn't click with me. Definitely landing with it better than I did the new Street Fighter or MK games.

I get waiting for a sale though. Eventually the super deluxe version will be on sale for like 20 bucks, like with all other fighting games.