Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17
Results 481 to 492 of 492

Thread: Gaming and Technology News

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    My lord.. MORE Sega buyout rumors? People are basing that rumor off of these pictures on my timeline; the deep diving is embarrassing:



    I don't see it happening, plus, Sega Sammy said a few years back they were in the best financial shape in over two decades. Now there are rumors that they will buy Atlas!?!? This is ridiculous and I'm laughing my ass off.

    If those happen... I'll have to eat a humble sandwhich.
    I just cannot see that happening unless microsoft wanted to go full on in Japan, which they have shown almost no intention of doing. Atlus and SEGA have some really freaking popular JRPG's, if they bought them they'd not only piss off people in the west who had bought their consoles based on having those titles, but they'd REALLY anger Japanese fans, who all but hate the xbox brand.

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Sony should buy From in retaliation
    Honestly there are 2 studios i could see Sony buying, From and Square. Will they? I dunno, but studios asking prices just shot up!

  3. #483
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    when social media interns have too much fun:


  4. #484
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,071
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Baldur's Late *giggle-snort*

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,465
    Mentioned
    420 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I just cannot see that happening unless microsoft wanted to go full on in Japan, which they have shown almost no intention of doing. Atlus and SEGA have some really freaking popular JRPG's, if they bought them they'd not only piss off people in the west who had bought their consoles based on having those titles, but they'd REALLY anger Japanese fans, who all but hate the xbox brand.
    They did it before with the 360. They thought, "hey, nobody in Japan wants to buy our system, let's purchase some Japanese stuff so they have to!" They created that Blue Dragon studio w/ Hironobu Sakaguchi hoping to eat up the Final Fantasy fans by putting out Lost Odyssey. They bought Tales of Vesperia (and even then, they only fronted enough money to ensure it wouldn't be released in the west..., which was really strange), Katamari Damacy, Deathsmiles, Monster Hunter Fronteir...
    NONE of those games had ANY business being Xbox exclusives.

    And it didn't work. They abandoned their efforts to have an impact at all in Japan with the Xbox One, and probably considered that to be part of the system's overall failure. This time, it would make sense for them to buy a huge property like Sega/Atlus.

    Which is so goddamn weird though... Atlus didn't even bother putting out their titles on Xbox One because nobody playing on Xbox cares. It feels like a kind of theft to buy out Persona etc... and considering that the Switch has now announced this upcoming Shin Megami Tensei sequel.... I can't be sure, but if Microsoft buys Sega/Atlus, all that's going to happen is a bunch of people aren't going to be playing the games they wish they could, because MS locked them into a console that primarily appeals to a Western audience. I get MS buying exclusive rights to Tomb Raider and Halo and Gears of War and the GTA DLC... The Bethesda thing makes complete sense, and I guess I get it. That's a smart move and I can completely say "well, ok, that's how it works. I'm annoyed a little, but not mad."

    If they buy Sega/Atlus, FUCK them.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-23-2020 at 09:41 PM.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They did it before with the 360. They thought, "hey, nobody in Japan wants to buy our system, let's purchase some Japanese stuff so they have to!" They created that Blue Dragon studio w/ Hironobu Sakaguchi hoping to eat up the Final Fantasy fans by putting out Lost Odyssey. They bought Tales of Vesperia (and even then, they only fronted enough money to ensure it wouldn't be released in the west..., which was really strange), Katamari Damacy, Deathsmiles, Monster Hunter Fronteir...
    NONE of those games had ANY business being Xbox exclusives.

    And it didn't work. They abandoned their efforts to have an impact at all in Japan with the Xbox One, and probably considered that to be part of the system's overall failure. This time, it would make sense for them to buy a huge property like Sega/Atlus.

    Which is so goddamn weird though... Atlus didn't even bother putting out their titles on Xbox One because nobody playing on Xbox cares. It feels like a kind of theft to buy out Persona etc... and considering that the Switch has now announced this upcoming Shin Megami Tensei sequel.... I can't be sure, but if Microsoft buys Sega/Atlus, all that's going to happen is a bunch of people aren't going to be playing the games they wish they could, because MS locked them into a console that primarily appeals to a Western audience. I get MS buying exclusive rights to Tomb Raider and Halo and Gears of War and the GTA DLC... The Bethesda thing makes complete sense, and I guess I get it. That's a smart movie and I can completely say "well, ok, that's how it works. I'm annoyed a little, but not mad."

    If they buy Sega/Atlus, FUCK them.
    If they start just buying up studios for the sake of keeping them off other platforms, yes, FUCK them. Bethesda deal doesn't bother me as well, but if the Sega/Atlas thing does happen... We might as well start making an Xbox version of the monopoly board.

    I can't imagine Sony not having another move up their sleeves before these rushed out consoles become a reality. But what makes me even more crazy is the miscommunication when it comes to console exclusives, timed exclusives and so on.

    The uncertainty already looming around Final Fantasy 16 and it's exclusive nonsense is met with confusion minutes after its reveal. Square removing the PC logo from the ad after the showcase along with that Demon's Souls mix up as well. What a shit show from both sides...

    ... Still waiting for the UI towards ANY of these consoles or their features to be displayed and we are less than 2 months out.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 09-23-2020 at 09:46 PM.

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Xbox Tokyo game show streams about to start...lets see what this is...

    EDIT: Well it looks like this whole stream is to just advertise Game Pass and Xboxs IP's to Japan, not to get any actual Japanese's devs to make them games...pretty sure this might put to bed those SEGA buyout talks. Xbox clearly has no indication of making the same mistake they did that @Jinsai correctly pointed out, they only see Japan as another market to buy their existing catalog on Game Pass. They mentioned alot already that xbox is going to be a global brand, so they will only be interested in studios with global reach. As awesome as Japan is not many of their games have the same reach around the world as a Fallout or Elder Scrolls. The only one's at that level are Final Fantasy and everything Nintendo owns, so i very much doubt they'll put the big money towards a buyout of SEGA at this point.

    Also a side not this stream has just been Flight sim flying around Japan and people making Japan in Minecraft...it's pretty cringy honestly.
    Last edited by Haysey; 09-24-2020 at 07:18 AM.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,953
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    OK this stream is INFURIATING! They are just showing trailers from the Playstaion and Xbox next gen reveal shows from months ago, and not even the latest ones! Do Microsoft think Japan doesn't have access to the internet or something, this is all old news to everyone!

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,710
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

  10. #490
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    3,486
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    if Chromecasts can barely handle the load, what are the Fire Sticks going to do?

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,856
    Mentioned
    455 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    if Chromecasts can barely handle the load, what are the Fire Sticks going to do?
    shit themselves

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,098
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Virtua Fighter is coming back.


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions