Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: South Park

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

South Park

With all the South Park fans around here, I was wondering about how the franchise was taken as far as video games went on ETS. I actually forgot that there were still video games of South Park being released, but was occasionally reminded that it was still a thing when I saw advertisements and references to South Park: The Stick of Truth and South Park: The Fractured but Whole.

The only South Park games I really ever played were just South Park, South Park: Chef's Luv Shack and South Park Rally, all of which I enjoyed so far, especially as multi-player games. I might consider collecting some of those games again, along with any other games that came out in between, but I just somehow forgot more games were being made after South Park Rally.

Mentioned
    387 Post(s)
    Stick of Truth and Fractured But Whole were great but flawed games. They did a good job of capturing the feel of the show, but they didn't function well enough as a standalone concept. Stick of Truth was the better of the two.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Stick of Truth was great, really enjoyed that one. I couldn't get into the battle system in Fractured But Whole so I gave up on it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I thoroughly enjoyed both games. TFBW was plagued by some forced Ubisoft-ness (crafting, grinding etc.), but the payoff was sooo worth it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed both games. TFBW was plagued by some forced Ubisoft-ness (crafting, grinding etc.), but the payoff was sooo worth it.
    I also thoroughly enjoyed both games (played them both twice). It's almost a toss-up as to which was the funnier one, but TSOT was definitely the more shocking of the two and felt more old school. I enjoyed all of the references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Coon & Friends episodes of the show in TFBW. I also liked that both games had different battle systems, as it kept it from getting old.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    It took me two years to finally notice a word play in TFBW title... D'oh!