Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Sooooo, this is a thing for some reason...

THE GAME CHRISTMAS TINNER

https://www.game.co.uk/en/the-game-c...tinner-2704307

"The ‘Christmas Tinner’ is back - a 3-course meal in a tin for those hardcore gamers that don’t want to leave their gaming chair on Christmas day. And due to popular demand, alternative options are now available for Vegan and Vegetarian gamers too.
    The all-day feast includes everything from scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, vegetarian pigs in blankets within the main, and mince pies as a snack. All you have to do is start from the top and work down from morning until dessert..."

FUCKING WHAT?!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    What in the holy blue hell is that?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    What in the holy blue hell is that?
    Cancer in a can.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Uggggggghhhhh....

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    That looks absolutely disgusting, in fact it's insulting to say the least.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    Sooooo, this is a thing for some reason...

THE GAME CHRISTMAS TINNER

https://www.game.co.uk/en/the-game-c...tinner-2704307

"The ‘Christmas Tinner’ is back - a 3-course meal in a tin for those hardcore gamers that don’t want to leave their gaming chair on Christmas day. And due to popular demand, alternative options are now available for Vegan and Vegetarian gamers too.
    The all-day feast includes everything from scrambled eggs and bacon for breakfast, vegetarian pigs in blankets within the main, and mince pies as a snack. All you have to do is start from the top and work down from morning until dessert..."

FUCKING WHAT?!
    Quick update on this, apparently this isn't "real" it was just a yearly Joke Game do, you can't actually purchase it...even still, it's just the worst.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Resident Evil 3 Remake coming April 3rd! THAT'S FUCKING QUICK!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Resident Evil 3 Remake coming April 3rd! THAT'S FUCKING QUICK!
    I still haven't played the RE2 remake. But I need to beat Jedi Fallen Order and Borderlands 3 (I hit a huge wall in this one, but thats because I played through the first two BL right before the third one came out)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

gameplay of RE3 and a new pic of Nemesis at the end : )

RE2 and Remnant were my favorite games of the year so this is very exciting for me

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    TRAILER!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So... to add more fire to the inferno of hate for WWE 2K20, it seems that as we moved into 2020, the game broke.

This game will/should be a lesson for devs for a long time to come.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Anyone else had a go at this Playstation 2019 wrap up thing?

It's results of what you have played are...surprising!

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/ca...65756218d856e3

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Cyberpunk 2077 has been reportedly delayed to September....

FUCK

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

wow, can't wait for these awesome exclusives.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I really feel like Stadia's hype all but died after it's really weak launch, it's just a punching bag now with next to nobody talking about it seriously (i hate to think how many people are actually USING it) at this point it's odds on to be Googles next project for the scrape heep!

And those replies REALLY have the feel of a bot about them!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I had a preorder for the thing because I had a $100 Google store credit so figured that made it reasonable. Then I found out that even though I had preordered almost first thing I wouldn't get a controller until almost the end of December. It's a controller and a Chromecast puck! wtf. so I cancelled that and used the credit on something else that Google was killing - the Pixel Slate. At least the Slate is useful.

also why does Chrome spellcheck not know how to spell Chromecast. There's a red squiggle there.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Grain of salt time, though the person leaking this has basically been 10/10 for KONAMI in the past, so...

They're pitching two new Silent Hill ideas. One a soft reboot, more in line with the traditional titles, P.T etc etc. and the other being a Telltale like more storytelling based kind of version.
    Potentially even going to see a 2020 reveal.

Who knows.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Grain of salt time, though the person leaking this has basically been 10/10 for KONAMI in the past, so...

They're pitching two new Silent Hill ideas. One a soft reboot, more in line with the traditional titles, P.T etc etc. and the other being a Telltale like more storytelling based kind of version.

Who knows.
    It's KONAMI so who really knows, but considering how they handled and treated their franchises the past few years even IF this is true there's no guarantee they'll be good, just look at Metal Gear Survive!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's KONAMI so who really knows, but considering how they handled and treated their franchises the past few years even IF this is true there's no guarantee they'll be good, just look at Metal Gear Survive!
    You ain't lyin'...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The Falconeer

Digital Foundry have a new video about very interesting upcoming game The Falconeer, developed by one person (!), beautiful visuals:

This plus Flight Simulator are making me very interested in new Xbox.
    Last edited by Substance242; 01-30-2020 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Falconeer, not Falcooner

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Rod Fergusson is leaving The Coalition and Gears, starting next month will join Blizzard to oversee the Diablo franchise.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rod Fergusson is leaving The Coalition and Gears, starting next month will join Blizzard to oversee the Diablo franchise.
    Whoa.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Whoa.
    And no joke, Cliff B basically called out Microsoft on twitter like ‘my offer to consult again for Gears starting with 6 is still on the table.’ Says the idea he had for 4 that wasn’t used is crazy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. I hate Gears 5 so maybe it's a good thing.

We'll see.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

why did they go with cro-mag Hulk? and isn't the general conceit of the game that one of those people standing right there is dead after the very first mission?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

why did they go with cro-mag Hulk? and isn't the general conceit of the game that one of those people standing right there is dead after the very first mission?
    I'd say it's for marketing (cap's still BIG to general audiences right now) and he isn't really dead, just will be for most of the beginning of the game...which they aren't doing a very good job of hiding lol

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah, I read the small blurb on wikipedia and they certainly hold up a very sheer curtain in front of that information, as well as saying pointedly "DON'T LOOK AT THE CURTAIN."

Changing lanes: considering how cozy the big three have gotten with putting stuff on each others machines, why not make next gen a one-console future? MS has their box and Sony has theirs but they are pretty similar in the end, minus the OS. So why not take a page from the PC and 3DO handbook and offer machines from different manufacturers? This way you can still have the MS box that looks like a Borg cube but it'd play the same games as on the Sony.

I mean, Sony is going to release MLB games on competing platforms so that's a really big step in that direction as is Xbox Live on the Switch. Games as a service is another when you consider it. I mean, how much would Activision Blizzard and EA and especially the indies like it if they only had to develop for two platforms (PC/Console) instead of PC, Sony, MS, & Nintendo? I put PC aside because they are a fractured bunch.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

2020, fuck yeah!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Who knows.

All they need to do is say "Hey, let's give SH1 a remake like those RE guys are doing" and I'm fucking sold.

All these years later, that game is still unsettling as shit. They wouldn't even need to tweak the audio much, forget even remaking it.

From what I'm seeing, supposedly Masahiro Ito himself is "working on a horror project" so....fingers crossed so hard.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

2020, fuck yeah!
    All of those things were and are pieces of shit. I wouldn't even pay 5 cents for one.