Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I watched GmanLive's review of it, besides the weird dialog/constant chatter it still seemed like a decent 7/10.. which looks to be what the metacritic and opencritic score is sitting at.

The Steam reviews are also sitting at "Very Positive" however you can't always trust those with people always memeing on there.

In any case i definitely will be waiting until it's like $20 or less before i pick it up though. By then maybe there'll be a mod or two that makes the player and his companion more muted LOL

Seems like we've been SCORNED again, a very artistic presentation undermined by other things.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The combat is hella clunky and it rips off BioShock pretty flagrantly haha. I mean, there’s lighthouses and it takes place on a massive floating city.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    The combat is hella clunky and it rips off BioShock pretty flagrantly haha. I mean, there’s lighthouses and it takes place on a massive floating city.
    Talk about on the nose with those settings ^^^.

A shame, because I was very intrigued by this when you first shared it. So I'm assuming you have to hear that every time you upgrade? Oof...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Talk about on the nose with those settings ^^^.

A shame, because I was very intrigued by this when you first shared it. So I'm assuming you have to hear that every time you upgrade? Oof...
    Yup. And what if I told you that throughout you constantly interact with ‘Charles’, the British sounding AI that runs your glove (the device you wear that hacks and yes, shoots lightning and other attacks out COUGH COUGHplasmids) and that they constantly bicker. You know, like Tony Stark and Jarvis. I’m not joking.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    This is of course a bit concerning and probably worth keeping in mind if folks want to avoid the chance of their money going toward funding Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

It didn't even occur to me until he brought it up that Atomic Heart has come out almost exactly a year since the invasion started. Not cool!

So yeah, i think i will probably give this one a pass.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah, tried to hop in again this morning before work... unnnnnnnninstalled lol. What a disappointment. I was so hype for this, smh.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Update: Thank fuck this is on game pass. This game is so bad it’s almost insane. The worst dialogue in a game I’ve ever heard. I mean ever.

I mean, go to 2:00 in to this…they made the upgrade vending machines…. horny?

lol that's hilarious

edit: Outer Wilds vs. Outer Worlds...which one was the good one? I mean...

Outer Wilds is a 2019 action-adventure game developed by Mobius Digital and published by Annapurna Interactive.
    The Outer Worlds is a 2019 action role-playing game developed by Obsidian Entertainment and published by Private Division.
    Last edited by allegate; 02-22-2023 at 12:42 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    This is of course a bit concerning and probably worth keeping in mind if folks want to avoid the chance of their money going toward funding Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

It didn't even occur to me until he brought it up that Atomic Heart has come out almost exactly a year since the invasion started. Not cool!

So yeah, i think i will probably give this one a pass.
    It's on game pass, and basically a zillion other games out their owned by Tencent and give money to China, so even as someone who ardently opposes engaging in Harry Potter shit I decided to take a peek. Idk, maybe that's some whataboutism and I really shouldn't have done that. I really think that Russia is deeply evil, and I typically won't even give money to a company if they come from Florida, so my hypocrisy is nagging at me over this one

Yes the dialogue is aggravated the puzzles and navigation are mind numbing and boring the gameplay is fun when it gets out of its own way.

I've had my eye open for it's politics because hey, it's not like Bioshock is a ringing endorsement of Rapture, right? But it so far is devoid of any attack on the Soviet character and I'm not sure the factionalism of it is going to ever give way to a critique of it's world, which is pretty nuts. At it's core, Bioshock is a deeply, deeply political game. A thorough teardown of all things libertarianism. Atomic heart is shallow and frustrating. And eventually it's near sci-fi art direction becomes stale because you're stuck in it's environments for so long.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    It's on game pass, and basically a zillion other games out their owned by Tencent and give money to China.
    Oh believe me i totally get the whole "where do we draw the line" part of stuff like this, no country is innocent from human rights abuses and chances are high that a great deal of goods that have been purchased in the past have supported something nefarious somewhere. So we can't really just drop everything and I certainly wouldn't go around accusing people that they're endorsing a war or something just because they played a game that happened to come from the region or whose war machine benefited monetarily from their patronage. Just thought of passing along some information to be made aware of, since it's a very visible and present conflict that I'm sure many folks here are passionate about especially since it could spill over and escalate to other regions and complicate matters at home. The choice is up to the individual to do whatever they want with this knowledge, there's always the option perhaps if someone feels guilty (not my goal to make anyone feel in such a way) to donate or match whichever percentage that would have gone to these people to a relief effort for the victims.

However, you have to admit he made a pretty good point in using 9/11 to illustrate how much people would likely be vehemently opposed to playing some product of Al Qaeda and supporting them after what had happened.

I think it just all just depends on how much a person is affected by the conflict either personally (heritage reasons/family/friends etc.) or if you have chosen to take a very firm stance against what's been transpiring over there.

I should mention though that just because something's on gamepass and you're not personally putting money in on a title to title basis, it doesn't mean you're not contributing in some way. They likely have a target number of downloads to reach or some kind of criteria that will enable them to get paid by Microsoft at some point, all depends on the deal they made whether it's usage based or not, really it just gives off the illusion of feeling less icky in comparison.

Like i said though at the end of the day just use your (collective your) best judgment to decide on how you want to approach these kind of issues and don't feel like you should be bullied into deciding one way or another or have to pass some kind of purity test, i know there's a lot of that going around these days.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 02-23-2023 at 04:07 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Amazing looking game no one is talking about.

Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 03-03-2023 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Damn, was hoping for an earlier date but whatevs...I'm still pumped.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

This looks interesting...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Damn, was hoping for an earlier date but whatevs...I'm still pumped.

Yeah, I've been desperately awaiting this one for years now. As much as I'd love to get my hands on it sooner, the next six months are pretty packed with Resident Evil, Horizon's DLC, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Redfall, and Tears of the Kingdom. Plus I'm planning on catching up on The Last of Us and Dead Space remakes and one or two other things, so I'm hoping to get all of those checked off the list before Starfield completely consumes my life.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I wonder how Soulslike it will be considering the pedigree plus quote:
    Miyazaki and Yamamura clarified that they had not been making an intentional effort to push the game towards a Soulslike style of gameplay.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh wow.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Oh wow.

I saw! End of an era.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Big layoffs at Bungie, they overshot their expectations by 45%!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy actual shit. Hideo and Jordan Peele with an Xbox exclusive horror game?

https://x.com/kojipro2015_en/status/...29R-npQKXgiX_w

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Let's. Fucking. Go.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Damn it, I got all excited for that, only to realize that it's an Xbox exclusive. That sucks. I guess I'll never get to play it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Damn it, I got all excited for that, only to realize that it's an Xbox exclusive. That sucks. I guess I'll never get to play it.
    Get a PC you can game on!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, but this is absolutely hilarious.