Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm thinking since it's in the hands of the 'The Division' team, there's promise. Twitter is ablaze with people thinking that means EA's exclusive rights to make Star Wars games is going to see friction, though I believe their 10yr contract is still going through to 2023. They also JUST tweeted this in response:

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh my sweet zombie jesus part two.

this person should go work for Ubi.

How about a combo of BotW and No Man's Sky
    I'm thinking since it's in the hands of the 'The Division' team, there's promise. Twitter is ablaze with people thinking that means EA's exclusive rights to make Star Wars games is going to see friction, though I believe their 10yr contract is still going through to 2023. They also JUST tweeted this in response:

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    For those of you living in the UK, my friend Mr_JordanL will be hosting a charity stream for the British Red Cross' Anti-Loneliness campaign. He will be playing Hitman 3 for 20 hours! The link to the fundraiser campaign is here. Please check out his announcement video, edited by yours truly:

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

See i was thinking the opposite, I played the last Division and it felt exactly like Ghost Recon, which felt exactly like the first Division (which could be argued was gameplay wise very similar to the Assassins Creed/Watch Dogs games at that time) And i ended up dropping D2 very quickly after picking it up for £5. Most open world Ubi games are pretty much the same game with a different setting, so i'm not holding my breathe if this turns out to be Division 3 in space. I mean that and the people in charge at Ubi ARE THE WORST.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Game testers don't get nearly enough credit. Sure, they're getting paid to play games all day. But it's often just a small section of a game. And they're playing it over and over and over again. And it could be incredibly broken at that point. And it could be a terrible game. It's not nearly as fun of a job as it sounds.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's good to see the socials are backing up QA testers (also noticed a few people in the industry and close to CDPR were liking a lot of the stuff) so i think it's safe to say they REALLY hit a nerve throwing the QA's under the bus.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Game testers don't get nearly enough credit. Sure, they're getting paid to play games all day. But it's often just a small section of a game. And they're playing it over and over and over again. And it could be incredibly broken at that point. And it could be a terrible game. It's not nearly as fun of a job as it sounds.
    This is true. I used to be one during the beginning of the PS3 era... It's also HARD to get a good game to test. Only game I was able to get a position in that was considered good was COD 4 and wait for it....... Madden 2007. You can also get canned at a moments notice.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    This is true. I used to be one during the beginning of the PS3 era... It's also HARD to get a good game to test. Only game I was able to get a position in that was considered good was COD 4 and wait for it....... Madden 2007. You can also get canned at a moments notice.
    yeah it's basically really shitty contract work.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Not really "news" but speaking of Aliens Colonial Marines in another thread, this mini-doc from the GVMERS youtube channel just dropped.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Stadia is on the ropes with this announcement according to pundits.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    nvm

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

holy crap, what an idea.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fall Guys is finally coming to Xbox this summer.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Fall Guys is finally coming to Xbox this summer.
    Wait...Fall Guys WASN'T already on xbox?! REALLY?! I'm actually shocked

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BioWare scraps 'Anthem NEXT' altogether.

To be honest, I played the demo when it first came out waaaay back in the day and was sorta ho hum on it...then when it became free on Xbox Game Pass I gave it some more time and found it actually quite fun to zip around in for a week or two. This sucks.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    BioWare scraps 'Anthem NEXT' altogether.

To be honest, I played the demo when it first came out waaaay back in the day and was sorta ho hum on it...then when it became free on Xbox Game Pass I gave it some more time and found it actually quite fun to zip around in for a week or two. This sucks.
    Flying was fun.... That was about it. Good, let them scrap this heap of garbage so they can focus on other games.

Anthem may be one of the only games to die twice.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-24-2021 at 07:10 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is a pretty awesome story.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    @allegate That is so awesome, I tweeted @ Victor Lucas from Electric Playground hoping he'll see that, he loves this kind of stuff and I'm sure he will be able to relate to the passion on display here. Vic was much older when he started his Electric Playground gaming newsmagazine style show in 1997, he was even doing some web version of it in 1995. Would so love to hear what he thinks about this.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Witcher 3 is getting a next-gen update lol...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The Witcher 3 is getting a next-gen update lol...
    Do CDPR really have the time and the staff to be doing this? Or are they stretching out that already crunched to fuck work force to try and get some brownie points from "gamers"?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Do CDPR really have the time and the staff to be doing this? Or are they stretching out that already crunched to fuck work force to try and get some brownie points from "gamers"?
    They did recently acquire a studio in Vancouver, BC so maybe they're offloading it onto them? Can't be sure though.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    They did recently acquire a studio in Vancouver, BC so maybe they're offloading it onto them? Can't be sure though.
    Don't think so. My friend works at DS (now CDPR Vancouver) and hasn't mentioned anything to me re: The Witcher lol.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    They abandoned the multiplayer for Cyberpunk, so they most likely put their resources into this instead.

In other news, hidden code for a native 4k version of Timesplitters 2 has been found in Homefront: The Revolution. This is amazing...

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    They abandoned the multiplayer for Cyberpunk, so they most likely put their resources into this instead.

In other news, hidden code for a native 4k version of Timesplitters 2 has been found in Homefront: The Revolution. This is amazing...

I finally have a reason to play Homefront!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ I just grabbed a copy of it on amazon for 13 dollars lol.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yeeeaeh... I'll be backing this I think (I'll really decide when I get more funds [editors note; he did get 100000$ in Simcity for the FUNDS cheat] next week).

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's like three of the four reasons I listen to their podcasts. Holy shit. Like, I don't even care about gaming news anymore I just legitimately love the way these guys interact with each other. I've been listening to them talk since The Arrow Pointing Down days - also launched coincidentally the same week that I started working for my current overlords - and it's been so humbling listening to them for 13 years now. It's a weird word to use but listening to them get angry over the last couple years about the same things that everyone else is angry about instead of just toeing a corporate line and not offending anyone, and on top of that it's the same way I feel about things. Knowing that these people I've put over a decade of faith into feel the same way is, I don't know, affirming in a way I guess.

I wonder if it's something Red Ventures said. Also it's weird that this is almost the exact opposite of what happened last time where Jeff was fired and they all quit in solidarity.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ubisoft moving away from 3-4 AAA titles every year (AC, Watch Dogs, etc) to focus on high-end F2P games; starting with the newly announced The Division: Heartland. Not surprising with the success of Apex Legends etc. but I still hope for future AC games.