Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Yep and whose fault was that? EA for cramming the release into the fall season with Battlefield 1 (ONE OF THEIR OTHER GAMES LOL)

What a bunch of morons.
    The fact it was a week after CoD and a week before Battlefield 1 (that might be the other way around) is impressively stupid from EA!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Titanfall 2 had the best single player FPS campaign I've played since HL2.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Titanfall 2 had the best single player FPS campaign I've played since HL2.
    As relatively short as it was, that campaign was a ride all the way through. Especially once you get to...you know, that one part.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    For the JRPG fans on here (just me...) Trails of Cold Steel 3 has FINALLY been announced for a western release in Autumn (Fall)

Trails 1 and 2 are some of the best JRPG's out there right now!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    PS+ Games for Feb include Hitman season one...nice!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    PS+ Games for Feb include Hitman season one...nice!
    I was just listening to a podcast where they discussed season 1 and considered picking it up. Timing couldn’t be better! I’ve never played the Hitman games so I’m stoked to try it out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    RUMORED FREE-TO-PLAY TITANFALL BATTLE ROYALE COULD BE OUT AS SOON AS MONDAY

tl;dr - Titanfall Battle Royale without Titans to hold people over while they work on Titanfall 3. No thank you.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    RUMORED FREE-TO-PLAY TITANFALL BATTLE ROYALE COULD BE OUT AS SOON AS MONDAY

tl;dr - Titanfall Battle Royale without Titans to hold people over while they work on Titanfall 3. No thank you.
    If it means we are getting a Titanfall 3 i'm willing to give this a go, Titanfall 2 was (and still is) EXCELLENT.

But also Fuck EA!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    If it means we are getting a Titanfall 3 i'm willing to give this a go, Titanfall 2 was (and still is) EXCELLENT.

But also Fuck EA!
    I’ll give it a go and I’d be happy to be surprised! But if it’s not great, I’d rather just go back and plow through some Titanfall 2 again. Just starting to feel some serious “battle royale” and “free to play” fatigue, hah.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I’ll give it a go and I’d be happy to be surprised! But if it’s not great, I’d rather just go back and plow through some Titanfall 2 again. Just starting to feel some serious “battle royale” and “free to play” fatigue, hah.
    I might just boot up Titanfall 2 again just because. That games MP was on point! I do understand the Battle royal and free to play fatigue. Less games are doing BR right, and even less doing Free to Play correctly (i think Warframe was the last one to get FTP correct in my mind)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Titanfall 3 Is Not in the Works, Respawn Says

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/02/04/titanfall-3-is-not-in-the-works-respawn-says

“The world thinks we’re making Titanfall 3 and we’re not - this is what we’re making”

WELL FUCK THIS GAME THEN! A loot box filled free-to-play microtransaction filled Battle Royal in a sea of Battle Royal games...FUCK EA! Sorry i'm honestly really pissed about this! TF3 was in development but turned into this most likely because EA wanted some BR cash...FUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Titanfall 3 Is Not in the Works, Respawn Says

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2019/02/04/titanfall-3-is-not-in-the-works-respawn-says

“The world thinks we’re making Titanfall 3 and we’re not - this is what we’re making”

WELL FUCK THIS GAME THEN! A loot box filled free-to-play microtransaction filled Battle Royal in a sea of Battle Royal games...FUCK EA! Sorry i'm honestly really pissed about this! TF3 was in development but turned into this most likely because EA wanted some BR cash...FUUUUUUUUUUCK!
    Super disappointed. I’m hoping this is someone just trying to manage expectations so they can surprise us with Titanfall 3 in the next couple years, but eh...not impressed, EA. :/

Whatever, it’s free, so I guess I gonna have a couple beers and give it a shot tonight. But I’m probably not gonna let myself put a single dime into this game. Depending on how that goes I may end up switching over to Titanfall 2 to scratch the itch instead.

Edit: Pulled up the trailer while I let the download do its thing. So tired of all this dubstep-overdubbed “BUILD your SQUAD! WEHHH!! SO KEWL!” bullshit all these kinds of games use in their marketing. Already putting me off a bit, hah. I almost feel like I’d rather just play Titanfall 2 already...
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-04-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Super disappointed. I’m hoping this is someone just trying to manage expectations so they can surprise us with Titanfall 3 in the next couple years, but eh...not impressed, EA. :/

Whatever, it’s free, so I guess I gonna have a couple beers and give it a shot tonight. But I’m probably not gonna let myself put a single dime into this game. Depending on how that goes I may end up switching over to Titanfall 2 to scratch the itch instead.

Edit: Pulled up the trailer while I let the download do its thing. So tired of all this dubstep-overdubbed “BUILD your SQUAD! WEHHH!! SO KEWL!” bullshit all these kinds of games use in their marketing. Already putting me off a bit, hah. I almost feel like I’d rather just play Titanfall 2 already...
    I've already decided on the trailer it's not for me, plus Hitman season one is available for free on PS+ today so there goes my week (that and i still have several games i haven't even started yet!)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I've already decided on the trailer it's not for me, plus Hitman season one is available for free on PS+ today so there goes my week (that and i still have several games i haven't even started yet!)
    I literally just decided to take a nap after I made that post instead, lmao. I really couldn’t be less interested. I’m sure I’ll give it a couple rounds one of these days, and I’d be willing to come around if it’s actually a fun game. But again - no money from me. Not for Not-Titanfall 3.

Here’s my thing about the Titanfall 3 news, too - Either 1) They’re lying, because they know the ooonly way that anyone will put money into this is if people think there isn’t a bigger, better game coming down the line (T3), or 2) Titanfall 3 really isn’t going to happen, in which case I have even less desire to fall back on “APEX LEGENDS GAW SO EPIC” to fill the void. So much of this just feels so gross and trendy. Maybe gameplay is stellar and I’m just being ignorant, but oof, sure isn’t what I expected. I do have a small hunch that the discounting of T3 is a ruse, though. Maybe it was even handed off to someone else? My favorite comment in response to the announcement was “well, if you’d asked them a week ago if they were developing Apex Legends, they probably would’ve said no, too.” When it comes to stuff like this, you really can never know until you give it time, so I suppose after a couple more years we’ll know. If nothing else, now the potential future announcement will be that much more hype. (Perhaps that’s the intention? Hmmm...)

I just want more Titanfall!!! Gah. That second game is incredible.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I literally just decided to take a nap after I made that post instead, lmao. I really couldn’t be less interested. I’m sure I’ll give it a couple rounds one of these days, and I’d be willing to come around if it’s actually a fun game. But again - no money from me. Not for Not-Titanfall 3.

Here’s my thing about the Titanfall 3 news, too - Either 1) They’re lying, because they know the ooonly way that anyone will put money into this is if people think there isn’t a bigger, better game coming down the line (T3), or 2) Titanfall 3 really isn’t going to happen, in which case I have even less desire to fall back on “APEX LEGENDS GAW SO EPIC” to fill the void. So much of this just feels so gross and trendy. Maybe gameplay is stellar and I’m just being ignorant, but oof, sure isn’t what I expected. I do have a small hunch that the discounting of T3 is a ruse, though. Maybe it was even handed off to someone else? My favorite comment in response to the announcement was “well, if you’d asked them a week ago if they were developing Apex Legends, they probably would’ve said no, too.” When it comes to stuff like this, you really can never know until you give it time, so I suppose after a couple more years we’ll know. If nothing else, now the potential future announcement will be that much more hype. (Perhaps that’s the intention? Hmmm...)

I just want more Titanfall!!! Gah. That second game is incredible.
    I was thinking alot about this last night, by all accounts it seems like they were working on TF3 in 2017 but something happened (EA) and this is what TF3 became. Remember the rest of Respawn are working on a Star Wars game, so we can only assume this is all they have now. Plus this is set in the Titanfall universe some 17 years after 2...so i have no reason to not believe them when they say they aren't working on TF3.

Now the real question, will they ever? Unfortunately i don't think they will. If this is successful EA will only look at this Battle Royal game as making money, not Titanfall (2 didn't meet their lofty exceptions) so they'll just ask for more of this, not a real TF3. If this doesn't make them money...that'll be it for this or any games in this universe as none made the money EA wanted (and probably the end of Respawn).

Also they way they've released this feels like EA doesn't want it to succeed. Just dumping it into the game world to avoid all the bullshit EA got for loot boxes with little fan fare...and less than 3 weeks before EA's big new IP (which is well into it's advertising which is already eclipsing this) make me feel like EA doesn't care about what Respawn are doing...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Can't lie, Apex Legends is probably the most fun I've had playing a BR game. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Can't lie, Apex Legends is probably the most fun I've had playing a BR game. *shrugs*
    That’s actually in line with what I’ve read about the game today. If it’s good enough to get me in and shrug off all my little gripes, I’m happy to eat my words! I’ll probably give it an honest shot tonight. Worst case scenario, no money spent. If running around and playing with the game’s momentum physics and things like that are still there, I’ll be content - for now, heh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Exactly. It's free lol. I'm having fun, can't ask for more.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, EA announced a 'premium Titanfall experience coming later in 2019' that will be a 'twist' on the franchise. No other info yet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, EA announced a 'premium Titanfall experience coming later in 2019' that will be a 'twist' on the franchise. No other info yet.
    Remaining cautiously optimistic for our EA overlords! But glad to know that there's something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Remaining cautiously optimistic for our EA overlords! But glad to know that there's something.
    Read something about a titan-less Titanfall Battle Royale game free to play. Meh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    That's already out. That's Apex Legends. And it's awesome.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That's already out. That's Apex Legends. And it's awesome.
    Well, I gave it a few rounds.

Not gonna lie, the fact that the movement feels completely kneecapped by removing wall-running is kiiiiilling the vibe of this game for me. The fact that I have to use a cursor instead of the stick/d-pad to navigate every menu: No. The forced squads and a complete lack of solo play: No. The total swamping of people who have played this game for ONE day and are already on their toxic bullshit about people who are 24 whole hours late to the party and who are fucking it up for the team: hard no.

WOOOOOOW, and I was disconnected from my training session because I sat idle for too long (maybe two minutes). In the training session. What? How does that even make sense? And I have to tediously go through the intro of the tutorial every time to get to the shooting range section?

Four matches in (Edit: Now 8), and I’m really not feeling it. :/ I’m probably just going back to Titanfall 2. I don’t think I’m in the demographic this game is for. I’ll give it a little longer, but oof. I can see the hype, but it’s really not my bag. What a bummer.

BIG EDIT: In other news, the new Devil May Cry 5 demo is out now apparently! The timing could not be better.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 02-06-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So i've had a few days to give Apex Legends a go...and i enjoy it...parts of it anyway!

It's great that it's free and everyone can play, and it still has all the great fast snappy shooting of Titanfall 2...but it isn't nearly as good as TF2's MP. Also it's bloody obvious assets from TF2 have been swapped into this wholesale, parts of the maps, buildings, gun animations, fuck even all the guns (i instantly recognized the Spitfire, EVA-A and Wingman) even the scopes you find are direct rips from the scopes you could add to weapons in TF2...which makes me all the more sad it's not TF3.

However the biggest issue is the whole squad battle royale thing. I've had this issue with them all where in if you get a good squad, as in one where the other players WANT to play with you regardless of if you win or lose, you can have a great time, but if you get a bad squad, as in players that don't want to play with you and just want to either troll, quit out, spilt up miles away or think that screaming into the mic "REVIVE ME FUCKING FAG, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, FUCKING REVIVE ME I'M BETTER THAN YOU FAG!" whilst they are down in the middle of a firefight and your trying to clear the enemy squad so you can (yes this happened more than once)...it sucks. I even had a match where the 2 others had partnered up, and when we landed (i wasn't the jump master so just went along with them) i got killed almost straight away...my 'teammates' who had guns by this point and were in spitting distance just turned around and left...didn't bother picking up my echo to revive me, just had no interest in playing with me. That's my biggest issue with this,and other, BR games. Unless you have friends to actually have fun with its a gamble whether you'll even have a fun time. Oh and the grind to unlock stuff...seriously fuck off with that and your fucking loot boxes!

Honestly i can see why people are playing and i'll probably play for a few days (my only friend on PS4 wants to try it) but i can't see me playing this much more, especially as i still want to try Resident Evil 2, Hitmans downloaded and God Eater 3 and Shadows Die Twice are out soon.

EDIT : I would like to add all credit to Respawn for launching the game, with no beta or trial period, in a fairly decent playable state (odd crash notwithstanding) Anthem could learn a thing or 2...and EA why are the launching this now with that a few weeks away?!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 02-07-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    if you get a bad squad, as in players that don't want to play with you and just want to either troll, quit out, spilt up miles away or think that screaming into the mic "REVIVE ME FUCKING FAG, YOU PIECE OF SHIT, FUCKING REVIVE ME I'M BETTER THAN YOU FAG!" whilst they are down in the middle of a firefight and your trying to clear the enemy squad so you can (yes this happened more than once)...it sucks.
    Hope this doesn't sound snarky but...I feel like this is a perfect summation of virtually every online gaming experience out there, which is why I gave up on the whole thing years ago. For me it's single-player games only, or at most a co-op game with a real life friend. Everything else just seems doomed to being the kind of shitty, toxic experience you're talking about here.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Hope this doesn't sound snarky but...I feel like this is a perfect summation of virtually every online gaming experience out there, which is why I gave up on the whole thing years ago. For me it's single-player games only, or at most a co-op game with a real life friend. Everything else just seems doomed to being the kind of shitty, toxic experience you're talking about here.
    Not snarky at all, and for the most part i agree with you! It's especially bad in free to play games as everyone can play, and they're usually the worst! But other full priced games tend to have better players (especially ones where you can turn voice chat off, Titanfall 2 was freaking wonderful online and worked so SO well!) I've had a few great rounds in Apex Legends with players who want to play, but they're few and far between. Plus i've just done the maths on the loot boxes for unlocking rewards and...it's fucking gross, really fucking gross!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just mute my teammates if I even hear them, simple. The way they've incorporated pinging basically anything and having your in-game character call it out is genius.

Apex Legends is great because you don't have to talk to anyone.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    ...Plus i've just done the maths on the loot boxes for unlocking rewards and...it's fucking gross, really fucking gross!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I just mute my teammates if I even hear them, simple. The way they've incorporated pinging basically anything and having your in-game character call it out is genius.

Apex Legends is great because you don't have to talk to anyone.
    I have now...doesn't stop other players deciding to just troll and land in a high player area and charge other teams with no weapons screwing me over...i think i'm just really unlucky with who i'm paired with. Playing with friends seems the way forward for this...i just need my friends to actually download it

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yep, he pretty much nailed it. Though my maths was on the unlock rate on stuff. I play games to collect stuff (much like in life) and getting the better skins and what not is what i aim for, and the unlock rate in this is...bad. You can only get unlocks through 2 ways, Materials and randomly in loot boxes. Materials drop randomly in loot boxes (so you can only unlock stuff through them in the end), between 15 and 600 (600 being a legendary drop, which only has a 7.3% every box, so chances are you'll only ever see 15 and 30 drop) unlocking stuff depends on their level, normal costs 30 materials, blue costs 60, purple costs 400 and gold (legendary) costs 1,200...so you won't unlock much for materials.
    The only other way is through the random chance in the loot boxes, which drops 3 items per box. Each character has around 140 different bits to unlock (Skins, Frames, Poses, Tracking info (yes thats unlocked) and voice lines) with 8 characters that's about 1,120 different items, and 758 weapon skins, giving you at least 1,800 different items that randomly drop each box...chances of you getting something you actually want is pretty fucking low. Each box costs 100 coins with 1000 coins costing £8 (i'm guessing about $10?) or you get one box every time you level up...which is long.
    I've given up any hope of ever unlocking anything i want, there's just no point with drop rates like that, and by extension kills any desire to buy any coin packs...there is no point, everything is down to pure luck (and so far i've mainy unlocked stuff for the 2 heros i haven't unlocked yet...yay.

The game, when in a party who want to play the game, is really fun. Shooting is just like TF2, i'm slowly getting to grips with the different hero skills. And it's good to see a game launch in a playable state with no beta or pre-order bullshit...but the micro-transactions are just crazy! And as a Free-to-play they NEED players to want to buy into these, otherwise it'll just be filled with players who aren't buying anything, which will fuck over Respawn. The reason Fortnite does so well are the rewards feel worth getting and affordable. When your having fun in the game you don't mind dropping £5 here and there for a skin, not £14 for one, or £8 on 10 chances to get one thing you want out of 1,800 other mainly pointless things!

[/rant]