Thread: Gaming and Technology News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Microsoft's "Xbox720" (tentative name of course), due in 2013....may not allow you to play used games.

Via some type of implanted code, when you start it up and XBL reads it, the disc will only be playable on YOUR console from that point on. That sound you hear is Gamestop's president shitting his pants.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Microsoft's "Xbox720" (tentative name of course), due in 2013....may not allow you to play used games.

Via some type of implanted code, when you start it up and XBL reads it, the disc will only be playable on YOUR conpsole from that point on. That sound you hear is Gamestop's president shitting his pants.
    oh and PC gamers who think this console can't possibly keep up with them on processing power...get ready. All I'm sayin.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient02970 View Post
    oh and PC gamers who think this console can't possibly keep up with them on processing power...get ready. All I'm sayin.
    Um... The 720 GPU will be outdated compared to PC GPUs by the time it is released.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The GPU that they're using is outdated right now. It's based on one of the less powerful 6xxx models (6670). In fact, the graphics card I'm using right now (which is about a year old now) is about 70% faster across the board with the exception of it's texel/second rate. But it's also still about $120 worth and that's probably simply too much for mass production and would drive the price of the 720 up too much. The 7xxx cards that are coming out right now will blow them out of the water, and if NVIDIA is to be believed (well at least their PR has stated that the new ATI GPUs don't impress them, but that's PR) their Kepler models will be even faster.
    Last edited by jehuty; 01-28-2012 at 07:36 AM.