I really liked the 2 part season finale. Parts of this season bugged me a bit, but I let it go when I reminded myself that this season is kind of a reboot using tropes from earlier seasons. Not a full reboot obviously, but when we found out Peter was already home, we kind of just had to take it for what its worth that the original red and blue universes just did not matter much anymore, if at all. As the viewer we just got to understand more of what was happening than the characters experiencing the events could - which is really kind of a neat idea. I view season 4 as very long aside.

I like the season finale enough that I do think it could have been a solid enough end to the show, but I am reallllly fucking glad we will get a season 5 that will have a clear direction now that everything from the first 2 universes is solved and the new 2 universes are resolved in a way that only leaves us with one to worry about.

I do think the reason 'Etta will be so important to stopping the observers is that she will be able to reopen the bridge and the other side will help our side fight them. Which would be a really fantastic conclusion to/reinterpretation of the universal war story.

I am going to miss the fuck out of this show.