Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What happened to the wiki!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    It works now

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Not exactly sure what was going on with the servers, but everything seems to be fine now.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    The ninwiki is telling me to buy "Fifty Shades of Grey." I don't know how I should feel about this.

Yeah the changed the algorithm and now it shows a bunch of shitty things. I'm probably going to make something custom that just shows NIN stuff like it used to.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    Yeah the changed the algorithm and now it shows a bunch of shitty things. I'm probably going to make something custom that just shows NIN stuff like it used to.
    How about pinching some of the stuff from the rare tracks thread on ETS, rather than asking NIN fans if they want to buy TDS on 3 different kinds of CD?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not exactly sure what was going on with the servers, but everything seems to be fine now.
    It's still not working for me

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Uh, didn't there used to be a page for fake/rumored NIN tracks?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Uh, didn't there used to be a page for fake/rumored NIN tracks?
    Not to my memory - aside from Angel (lol) and the random tracks people decide are Tapeworm, what else would there be?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Not to my memory - aside from Angel (lol) and the random tracks people decide are Tapeworm, what else would there be?
    Wasn't there a track called "Drive" that was going around that was never properly identified. It wasn't Driver Down.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D'ron View Post
    It's still not working for me
    Likewise.

"Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
    "

I'm on Firefox 12.0.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I was able to access it last night, but now I'm getting the same message I got before. I'm also using the latest version of Firefox.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Seems like there is a problem in Firefox on Windows. Works fine in Chrome on Windows, and Chrome, Firefox, Safari on Mac.

The codebase hasnt changed in quite a while so i am looking into the server config, something must have been changed in an update.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Any update on a fix?

It's the same issue on the new Firefox (13).
    Last edited by Harry Seaward; 06-07-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow. i really like adding stuff to it (especially the news archive), but being so slow it's just a pain in the ass...
    Last edited by Beta; 06-08-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    the content encoding error should be resolved now, sorry it took a while to track down

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    the content encoding error should be resolved now, sorry it took a while to track down
    Works great here! Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've been off the scene for a couple years, and in the meantime my forum @ portraitofdecay.com got massively spammed. I couldn't even get back into the control panel and fix it
    I don't have the time to administer a forum, so I've done away with it... any links in the wiki pointed to the forums should be removed. I'll forever keep the site up, though, so any links pointed to the archives will always be good

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    couple of changes that could be made to the home page of ninwiki that i noticed:

Remove the "Pre-order your copy of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack today!"
    Maybe change it to Order your copy or put up a link to pre-order the new HTDA EP.

Create a new icon with a page referencing the An Omen EP for HTDA

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    uncoiled page anyone? i would create it but I don't think I can create a new page.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    The link on the main page under the 'Tours' section that goes to the Self Destruct Tour should probably point here:
    http://www.ninwiki.com/Self_Destruct_Touring_Cycle
    instead of here:
    http://www.ninwiki.com/Self_Destruct_Tour

And maybe we could also change the pre-order link for An Omen EP to one for Welcome Oblivion. I'm not sure if the image that's floating around the web right now is the actual or final cover art for WO, so maybe adding the WO thumbnail/link to the main page would be premature.
    Last edited by piggy; 01-30-2013 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    And maybe we could also change the pre-order link for An Omen EP to one for Welcome Oblivion. I'm not sure if the image that's floating around the web right now is the actual or final cover art for WO, so maybe adding the WO thumbnail/link to the main page would be premature.
    what image?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    not this one, surely?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's the one. When you say "not this one, surely" do you mean that I should be doubting that it's the cover or that I shouldn't? Somehow it just doesn't look like a finished product. The cover from An Omen seems more fleshed out. Also, I didn't see that art up on Amazon yet, so that also made me wonder.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    That's a photo of a small part of the cover, it was posted on instagram. Hell it could even be the back, or inside for all we know.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Now that you point that out, it's pretty obvious and I can't believe I didn't figure that out for myself. Sorry for being so dumb, guys. Anyway, my point about the pre-order link and the Self Destruct Tour link still stands.
    Last edited by piggy; 01-31-2013 at 07:30 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Anyway, my point about the pre-order link and the Self Destruct Tour link still stands.
    Thanks for the suggestions, and for participating in the Wiki as much as you have. I made the changes you've requested.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    BRING BACK THE NANCY J PAGE, dammit!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    BRING BACK THE NANCY J PAGE, dammit!
    ask and ye shall receive...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    wrt the album thumbnails, when an album has more than one cover design (Sin, PHM, AATCHB, HTDA EP1, Welcome Oblivion), how do we call which one to go for? CD over vinyl, Standard over Deluxe etc?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Standard over deluxe, CD over vinyl. I didn't realize there were multiple editions of the cover art for this release.

You're talking about the main page, right? A release's page should include all album art, ideally.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah yeah, only main page, I've already put both versions of the art onto WO's page. In the case of HTDA's EP1, should we not be using the physical album's art then?