Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, I've been wishing someone would tweak the homepage for all those scores and soundtracks. I think they should just have their own row, but not sure where to put HTDA stuff. I wish we could get a facelift for the homepage as well. I feel like the Slip-esque look is a little tired now. It could have the same layout, just with a different theme. Maybe one that's clean and classic and not tied to any particular era or release.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Yeah, I've been wishing someone would tweak the homepage for all those scores and soundtracks. I think they should just have their own row, but not sure where to put HTDA stuff. I wish we could get a facelift for the homepage as well. I feel like the Slip-esque look is a little tired now. It could have the same layout, just with a different theme. Maybe one that's clean and classic and not tied to any particular era or release.
    I don't know how much work would be involved, but I'd potentially be interested in helping with a redesign. Remember the old Metallica website where you could apply several different skins that were themed around their albums? That would be pretty cool (but a lot of extra work).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I was kind of thinking the same thing about changeable skins for different albums, actually.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Song BPM's

Juno (Single)

01. Juno = 76 bpm

Watchmen: Volume 1 (Music from the HBO Series)

01. HOW THE WEST WAS REALLY WON = 120 bpm
    02. ORPHANS OF KRYPTON = 72 bpm
    03. GARRYOWEN = 0 bpm [no music]
    04. NUN WITH A MOTHERF*&*ING GUN = 122 bpm
    05. OBJECTS IN MIRROR (ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR) = 160 bpm
    06. KATTLE BATTLE = 160 bpm
    07. AMERICAN PROMO STORY = 115 bpm
    08. I'LL WAIT = 118 bpm
    09. TRIGGER WARNING = 118 bpm
    10. THE BRICK = 92 bpm
    11. NEVER SURRENDER = 122 bpm
    12. MÜLLER TIME = 66 bpm
    13. OWL HUNTS RAT = 185 bpm
    14. ABSENT FRIENDS AND OLD GHOSTS = 138 bpm
    15. WATCH OVER THIS BOY = 120 bpm

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Can something be done about this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    Can something be done about this?

What page is this on?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    What page is this on?
    ahead of ourselves

and it's fixed

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Song BPM's

Juno (Single)

01. Juno = 76 bpm

Watchmen: Volume 1 (Music from the HBO Series)

01. HOW THE WEST WAS REALLY WON = 120 bpm
    02. ORPHANS OF KRYPTON = 72 bpm
    03. GARRYOWEN = 0 bpm [no music]
    04. NUN WITH A MOTHERF*&*ING GUN = 122 bpm
    05. OBJECTS IN MIRROR (ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR) = 160 bpm
    06. KATTLE BATTLE = 160 bpm
    07. AMERICAN PROMO STORY = 115 bpm
    08. I'LL WAIT = 118 bpm
    09. TRIGGER WARNING = 118 bpm
    10. THE BRICK = 92 bpm
    11. NEVER SURRENDER = 122 bpm
    12. MÜLLER TIME = 66 bpm
    13. OWL HUNTS RAT = 185 bpm
    14. ABSENT FRIENDS AND OLD GHOSTS = 138 bpm
    15. WATCH OVER THIS BOY = 120 bpm
    Added here and here:

http://www.nin.wiki/Watchmen_(Music_...he_HBO_Series)

http://www.nin.wiki/List_Of_BPM_Rate...28Volume_01.29

I haven’t created the individual song pages for the Watchmen Soundtrack yet, if someone wants to do that? - never mind, done.

Also, where should that End Credits video/audio be listed?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 11-19-2019 at 07:39 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is Nun with a Gun title censored everywhere where it appears officially? I just want to know if I can say Fuck on TV if the real title is Motherfucking or Motherf*&*ing (lame).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    John Crawford (kraw) needs a wiki page. I was going to link to it from somewhere, and create a redlink, and hence increase its score on Special:WantedPages, but I wasn't sure that such a contribution would be welcome.

Does anyone (other than me) feel that Ninwiki should have an explicit content license? The lack of such a thing has put me off from making major contributions. It also prevents ninwiki from legitimately adapting content from (say) wikipedia.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    John Crawford (kraw) needs a wiki page. I was going to link to it from somewhere, and create a redlink, and hence increase its score on Special:WantedPages, but I wasn't sure that such a contribution would be welcome.

Does anyone (other than me) feel that Ninwiki should have an explicit content license? The lack of such a thing has put me off from making major contributions. It also prevents ninwiki from legitimately adapting content from (say) wikipedia.
    I second this! Not only has he been an integral part of NIN for the past few years, he's just an all around great dude and should be recognized on the site.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is Nun with a Gun title censored everywhere where it appears officially? I just want to know if I can say Fuck on TV if the real title is Motherfucking or Motherf*&*ing (lame).
    It's censored everywhere I've checked online (digital version), and it's censored in the press card:

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Kraw page would be fine if someone wants to put it together. I could do one if need be. Also, what do you guys think about a Mike Garson page?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Kraw page would be fine if someone wants to put it together. I could do one if need be. Also, what do you guys think about a Mike Garson page?
    I made a bare bones one a while back: http://www.nin.wiki/Mike_Garson

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I made a bare bones one a while back: http://www.nin.wiki/Mike_Garson
    Oops. I've even edited that page too, LOL.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I can help edit it. If you can create the shell page, I'll start working on it. Also, can we place an image on the front page of the wiki page too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Regarding the Watchmen score page, I think it's worth mentioning the fake Sons of Pale Horses tracklisting and the fake band member names, and maybe show a picture of the fake signatures (some of which are actually Trent, Atticus, and possibly Mariqueen).

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I can help edit it. If you can create the shell page, I'll start working on it. Also, can we place an image on the front page of the wiki page too.
    I can't make any changes to front page, but here's a shell page for Kraw:
    http://www.nin.wiki/John_Crawford

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I can't make any changes to front page, but here's a shell page for Kraw:
    http://www.nin.wiki/John_Crawford
    Since he hasn't been involved with every release since NTAE, it might be worthwhile to list all of the projects he has been involved with (Before the Flood, NTAE, Add Violence, Vietnam War, Watchmen). Also, shouldn't we have a page for David Carson? He did the photography and art direction for most Fragile-era releases (The Fragile, the We're in This Together singles, Into the Void, And All That Could Have Been, and Still).
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 11-20-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Kraw's page has been updated with the core projects. I am sure I am missing some but I'll continue to add to it. Also updated the NIN Glossary page to add his info and a direct link to the page.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't know if this has been suggested already, but I think the practice of having the Null number listing on the Halo page needs to be changed, or at least something should be done to make the Halo, Sigil, and Null pages more consistent.

I have a couple of suggestions:

- Split all three out into different articles. This would leave Sigils untouched and give Null numbers its own article, which would put all three on the same level.
    - Combine Sigils back into the Halo numbers article so that all three index systems are on the same page. This seems less ideal to me because it buries Sigils and Null numbers on the Halo numbers page, which hurts their discoverability.
    - Move the Null numbers onto the "Soundtracks & Scores" page. They tie closely into each other - more than the Halo and Null numbers do, at least.

Personally, I think 1 is the best option of the three above. Like I said, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but given that we're finally getting into the 10s in Null numbers and filling out some of the missing ones, I think it's worth re-considering where they're listed.

Also, putting another request in for updating the front page to reflect the new scores post-Patriots Day.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Option 1

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    On this page:

http://www.nin.wiki/Recurring_lyrics#Waking_up

Do you think we should add "Can’t Seem To Wake Myself Up" from the extended version of Bird Box?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Really hard to say. I was under the impression that the track titles on scores are more influenced by what's happening during the scenes they go with. So I don't know how much of that is TR/AR naming things based on their own personal whims?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Really hard to say. I was under the impression that the track titles on scores are more influenced by what's happening during the scenes they go with. So I don't know how much of that is TR/AR naming things based on their own personal whims?
    How about if I write something like I did here re: HTDA?

http://www.nin.wiki/Recurring_lyrics#Beginnings

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Sounds good. I say go for it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Skeleton page for Waves score created:
    http://www.nin.wiki/Waves_(Original_Score)

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Sounds good. I say go for it.
    Done: http://www.nin.wiki/Recurring_lyrics#Waking_up

Which reminds me, we need to create individual pages for the new BBox tracks, as well as add their BPMs to the tempo page.

Also still unsure where to mention/cite the “end credits” video/music for Watchmen.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tracklisting and cover art added on the Waves page. Just need the shell pages created for Waves now.
    I'll add the time stamps to the songs as soon as I find out what they are. Or if someone has a screenshot of them, just post it and I'll add it in.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Which reminds me, we need to create individual pages for the new BBox tracks, as well as add their BPMs to the tempo page.
    These will have to be calculated from scratch since this is unlikely to reach streaming sites.