Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

ninwiki

Any ninwiki questions, comments, concerns, etc should go here, thanks!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Okay, who broke it

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Okay, who broke it
    I'm guessing you.

But no, I sent an email to support about it. I saw that it came back up for a bit but was refusing connections, and it's offline again. so we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's back online now, at least temporarily.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I was about to make a sammich, I guess it's editing time

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Yeah what a great time for the site to go down, huh?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Not to worry too much, at least I can C/P the lyrics for Immigrant Song, not like when I had to transcribe the whole of HTDA by ear :\

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I noticed the other day that the BPM for 37 Ghosts is listed on the wiki as 72, while the pdf that came with the multitracks lists the BPM as 143.5

Also, here's some extra info in case you need it:

Immigrant Song - 120 BPM
    Hidden In Snow - 132 BPM
    People Lie All The Time - 132 BPM
    What If We Could? - 103 BPM
    Oraculum - 90 BPM
    Please Take Your Hand Away - 99 BPM
    Under The Midnight Sun - 124 BPM

EDIT vvv - lazy!
    Last edited by Jon; 12-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Thanks - and feel free to edit in any corrections btw, that's what a wiki's for!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Is anyone else getting this when they try to go to TGWTDT's wiki page:
    getVal( 'maxlag' ); if( !is_null( $maxLag ) && !$mediaWiki->checkMaxLag( $maxLag ) ) { exit; } # Query string fields $action = $wgRequest->getVal( 'action', 'view' ); $title = $wgRequest->getVal( 'title' ); # Set title from request parameters $wgTitle = $mediaWiki->checkInitialQueries( $title, $action ); if( $wgTitle === null ) { unset( $wgTitle ); } wfProfileOut( 'main-misc-setup' ); # # Send Ajax requests to the Ajax dispatcher. # if( $wgUseAjax && $action == 'ajax' ) { require_once( $IP . '/includes/AjaxDispatcher.php' ); $dispatcher = new AjaxDispatcher(); $dispatcher->performAction(); $mediaWiki->restInPeace(); exit; } if( $wgUseFileCache && isset( $wgTitle ) ) { wfProfileIn( 'main-try-filecache' ); // Raw pages should handle cache control on their own, // even when using file cache. This reduces hits from clients. if( $action != 'raw' && HTMLFileCache::useFileCache() ) { /* Try low-level file cache hit */ $cache = new HTMLFileCache( $wgTitle, $action ); if( $cache->isFileCacheGood( /* Assume up to date */ ) ) { /* Check incoming headers to see if client has this cached */ if( !$wgOut->checkLastModified( $cache->fileCacheTime() ) ) { $cache->loadFromFileCache(); } # Do any stats increment/watchlist stuff $wgArticle = MediaWiki::articleFromTitle( $wgTitle ); $wgArticle->viewUpdates(); # Tell $wgOut that output is taken care of wfProfileOut( 'main-try-filecache' ); $mediaWiki->restInPeace(); exit; } } wfProfileOut( 'main-try-filecache' ); } # Setting global variables in mediaWiki $mediaWiki->setVal( 'action', $action ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'CommandLineMode', $wgCommandLineMode ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'DisabledActions', $wgDisabledActions ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'DisableHardRedirects', $wgDisableHardRedirects ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'DisableInternalSearch', $wgDisableInternalSearch ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'EnableCreativeCommonsRdf', $wgEnableCreativeCommonsRdf ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'EnableDublinCoreRdf', $wgEnableDublinCoreRdf ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'JobRunRate', $wgJobRunRate ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'Server', $wgServer ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'SquidMaxage', $wgSquidMaxage ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'UseExternalEditor', $wgUseExternalEditor ); $mediaWiki->setVal( 'UsePathInfo', $wgUsePathInfo ); $mediaWiki->performRequestForTitle( $wgTitle, $wgArticle, $wgOut, $wgUser, $wgRequest ); $mediaWiki->finalCleanup( $wgDeferredUpdateList, $wgOut ); # Not sure when $wgPostCommitUpdateList gets set, so I keep this separate from finalCleanup $mediaWiki->doUpdates( $wgPostCommitUpdateList ); $mediaWiki->restInPeace();

It happens both from the link on the main page and when I search for the article's exact title.

using Chrome 15, btw

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I do no get that error. The page is loading fine for me.
    Using Firefox.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm trying to figure out under what circumstances you were able to see this. That code is executed on the server and is never supposed to make it to the client side.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    This sort of thing happens if the mimetype on the file gets screwed up and it gets rendered as text/plain. Maybe you caught the server at a hiccup and then have the page cached? Try doing a hard refresh and see if it renders properly.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Cleared the cache, everything's fine now. Sorry for making the problem bigger than it was. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Cleared the cache, everything's fine now. Sorry for making the problem bigger than it was. Thanks for the help.
    Not a problem, thanks for bringing it up. Probably had something to do with the server snafu.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    ninwiki now redirects to hotline
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 01-19-2012 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i dug in some archives and extended this article: http://www.ninwiki.com/News_Archive
    i think its cool if it does NOT include each little fart trent told his fans. i think it should include announcements of releases and the releases itself. and news which get posted on nin.com or major twitter announcements and stuff like that... but - imho - it should not get listed if new photos are uploaded in the tour-pic-archive of nin.com or the likes.....

and: it was really hard to get "news announcements" pre-2003. by that i mean getting the exact date, preferably with a source to some archived webpage. any input or new leads are welcome. just post them here and i will edit them in. or directly edit them in. but if you are too lazy just give me the link and i'll deal with it. as already stated: i am looking for major news announcements of the nin-camp including a webpage as a source.

would be awesome

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    is it just me or does the amazon advertisement only show Marylin Manson stuff? for quite a long time, i might add

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    is it just me or does the amazon advertisement only show Marylin Manson stuff? for quite a long time, i might add
    Google ads are based on your browsing history and page content, so blame yourself :P

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just amusing myself reading the news archive - 'i'm alive - things are about to start happening' in July 2003 and With Teeth is streamed on myspace in April 2005 - wow, we are really pandered to now comparatively

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it's down right now, isn't it?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    it's down right now, isn't it?
    For future reference, a handy site is http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It's down for me too. Browser says it won't load "because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression." Are they updating it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    For future reference, a handy site is http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
    i am tech-savvy, so i of course used the page you suggested to check if it's down, and awkwardly the site said, that ninwiki is up. but ninwiki at that time did not load in my browser. and it was not a 404, it was another error.. anyway, it's up again, and slow as always. so everything is cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The ninwiki is telling me to buy "Fifty Shades of Grey." I don't know how I should feel about this.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm getting that 'unsupported form of compression' error as well. I've found that going into Firefox's about:config and setting network.http.accept-encoding to a blank string makes the site come back up. But it also makes other sites load all wonky. Sooo maybe this can help someone on ninwiki's end figure out what the issue is, if they don't already know.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    no error messages for me but the page is just full o' garbage
    ��}�r9���rD��=u-ǐ�(y�l�C�7��h,ٞ��F� �i%3ٹ�f�tD��ܗ�o0��M�I������"K]�l&������������^�I1��٧goOOT����e�dg���s�/޽U��]u�IQ���΋�-՚��pgg>�o���l�s�q��ꢲ��)���a�z���{�6���hE;݃���B ��8H�G-��T�+���V\dh����ө.�&;��etu�:I�B'E�b1�-5���V��;��N�,��ѧ����-��5�S}��DgA�f^�w:��/�eD��}���zw��Qr�2��I�òPUi�I�GG��Qp��m�k� ��ᤥ ���fq4 0m;�L'��|�E3���7̎i�*�G���dF EEL-��sK'�}q��$(�ni�S���1e��֡�?JB� ��A����0 �ÏzH�u2�U��� ��'�v�� �2��]dTL}Կ&i�:�t�tGry9��*��'Z���2J�a:��9-���y���G�-5�JQ�a��8�Y��1��,��b��R���q9 �]%�oD�F�t~�F*.��
    �`�����z������r��Ńݗ�7�o��鏿�$�F�t�>��ܶÇ7����� �}=�a_7F��߅`���h�� �/��W�z����p��fGy������ �`���� 8%�(e�?��
    B�����f�J�����\�&'';"���Q�
    �/�0��\��Ry6l���5� ���H�5�8�@E�ƃ��I��D��� ���\�B�ČeZ�;<+���X�(m>���gYZ��46�ſ������� ?�W�#?/ʆ��8�MtV}:NtQ}'�_u�fq8������EJ����9����*q� �qVD�X����ˉ�<^I�^|�yʱ�-f�U�� ��9Ȣ )��GA�k��i����ٕ�jBX%sB�mZ`n�$H҄���= C�,j��0����e��\���t@��"�k1��
    ��/D��ŁV�Q�*�s�Nã��A)��I;*��;����I�8� ����嵤�$���&�+y\��K��2\��0�j�'e�Q_EX�f�>� �Yg�\Fڋ$����ԁ()_���%�V���R�(ͦ(w�
    ͻj���2ϣqTl�Gf�L)>���T%( �"|hu�Z�J[����Ӭ-v��qė��J�G|��U���H1�x߮�C$��b��G��e?vp�Vj)� `�A���Y �)]?�*�P�����WU��>�:�4[p�?E ����!f�Y ��Q���}v�4�j��ẇ )%&�P홟}��O�f�����x@I#Lءzh~ڬG��@�ڏ�o[�`�y"Pv�o[�

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Everyone I've spoken to seems to use Firefox. Try Chrome or *gag* IE, if the problem persists then clear your cache.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tried with Opera, got the same bullshit as Ben Akenobi posted. Also, my antivirus immediately alarmed me about Web Attack: Malicious Toolkit Website 18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i use chrome and also got the mentioned error..