Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1120

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Good point. I'm not sure how necessary they really are, when we have all the important stuff pasted into the wiki anyway. I'll bring back whatever folks want me to, though.
    IMO, if the original source (or a copy) exists, it's always nice to be able to refer to it and see context.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    IMO, if the original source (or a copy) exists, it's always nice to be able to refer to it and see context.
    Ok, I put the archive.org links into the PHM article as sources in their respective areas/contexts. Thanks for the idea.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    @Malechite - if you ever want to give ninwiki a sub-name/catchphrase, how about “Everything gets written down.”?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    I did my annual wiki dump/backup to archive.org: https://archive.org/details/wiki-www.nin.wiki-20220701

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlkr View Post
    2) Track 2 AFTERMATH
    According to https://www.nin.wiki/Aftermath
    'The track also samples "Blood From The Air" by Coil.'
    As a long time COIL fan (former fb group admin too) I admit I can't hear it.
    Similarities? Yes but not the sample.
    Something has made me revisit this. Listen to BFTA on YT at 1.25 speed and then listen to Aftermath at normal speed. The 1.25 speed is not an exact match for the tempo, but it's close enough to hear what I was getting at. The sample isn't 100% direct, but there are two elements from BFTA that I feel are being used in Aftermath. Anyone else hear it?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Is “I personally think this is a sample” the only bar to reach to claim so on the wiki?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I don't know. I usually try to have multiple ears confirming a sample, just to be sure.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Guys, should we be populating this page?
    https://www.nin.wiki/Covers_Of_NIN

If so, how do we decide which artists get added? For example, does any old live cover count or should it only be covers that have had some sort of a commercial or professionally-recorded release? What are some other situations where a page like this would get messy?

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    I think live covers are okay as long as the performing artist is relatively well-known (Corey Taylor, Mumford & Suns, Brand New etc) and not just some unknown cover band or homemade garage youtube cover

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    How is the Johnny Cash cover of Hurt not listed on that page?? LOL – It's THE most famous cover. (Yes, I saw it's a test page, but still)