Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Sorry for being off topic here but does anyone have the Grammys rehearsal audio and/ or video for Copy Of A and My God Is The Sun? Not the shitty broadcast that cut My God Is the Sun off. This is not easy to find... Thanks!
    You are off topic and there is a dedicated download request thread, lucky for you I have been rejected from this thread for giving too much for free (???) the video is still available at the original place http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=480953 I reuploaded right here, hope this multiuploader still works fine: https://download.jheberg.net/zmoqqde2h8y3
    Last edited by ninjaw; 06-15-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Thank you! And Yes, I will use the Download thread. Since the topic was fresh in the mind's of the people here, I wanted to see if anyone had it.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Ok so, how do we feel about this style? I'm using the remixes layout to allow space for the potential hundreds of covers incoming. Don't wanna go whole hog if someone has a better idea

http://www.nin.wiki/Covers_Of_NIN

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @ninjaw @nmitchell86 I would make sure to get rid of any links to that source. Even though it was now years ago they really cracked down on it. It was my only email from lawyers about content on the archive. Was no fun.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    @ninjaw @nmitchell86 I would make sure to get rid of any links to that source. Even though it was now years ago they really cracked down on it. It was my only email from lawyers about content on the archive. Was no fun.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Ok so, how do we feel about this style? I'm using the remixes layout to allow space for the potential hundreds of covers incoming. Don't wanna go whole hog if someone has a better idea

http://www.nin.wiki/Covers_Of_NIN
    I don't know about this. The remixes page is specifically for NIN sanctioned remixes, but covers can be done by anyone. I don't mind the page existing, I just think it'll easily become the largest page on the wiki. I mean, you could probably list a hundred bands for covering Hurt alone.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    It wouldn't be so big if we stick to officially released versions. And you maybe over estimating how many covers are there. Yes, you can probably find 20 or even more versions of Hurt, HLAH, Closer and Wish. For the majority of other songs there would be none or very few, and many of them would be from these terrible electro-industrial tribute albums (or piano/string quartet/lullaby versions). Trust me, apart from the Big 4, there aren't that many.

As for live-only covers, we can maybe limit the page to well established bands/artists and exclude the millions of youtube solo versions and cover bands.
    Last edited by fillow; 06-17-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    I don't know about this. The remixes page is specifically for NIN sanctioned remixes, but covers can be done by anyone. I don't mind the page existing, I just think it'll easily become the largest page on the wiki. I mean, you could probably list a hundred bands for covering Hurt alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    It wouldn't be so big if we stick to officially released versions. And you maybe over estimating how many covers are there. Yes, you can probably find 20 or even more versions of Hurt, HLAH, Closer and Wish. For the majority of other songs there would be none or very few, and many of them would be from these terrible electro-industrial tribute albums (or piano/string quartet/lullaby versions). Trust me, apart from the Big 4, there aren't that many.

As for live-only covers, we can maybe limit the page to well established bands/artists and exclude the millions of youtube solo versions and cover bands.
    I was thinking for studio covers, we allow anything released commercially, and for live, maybe it has to be notable?
    Remember membership to the wiki is still closed, so it's not like anyone can sign up and add their band. But I do agree its potential size is insane, I just kinda like the idea of having a list

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Personnaly I don't see any issues with providing a list

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Could the Null Corp page be edited to include the Ashley O "On A Roll" EP that was released?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    On A Roll added.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I’ve added in the trivia section for Burning Bright, The Background World and I’m Not From This World that they’ve all been featured in episodes of TNT’s Animal Kingdom. On that note, have we got it mentioned on any page that the theme song for the show was composed by TR and AR? The “sheeee...” at the beginning reminds me so much of Reptile. It’s called Welcome To The Jungle: @sheepdean

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    have we got it mentioned on any page that the theme song for the show was composed by TR and AR?
    It's actually composed by AR and his wife, Claudia Sarne. Trent probably co-produced it.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Has it been added anywhere? Can’t see it.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I just added it to the Atticus page.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    What what what is that show great ? never heard of it ? I have to watch that (sorry for flooding)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    What what what is that show great ? never heard of it ? I have to watch that (sorry for flooding)
    It’s an awesome show about a family of criminal brothers with their mother as the main matriarch/brains behind all the jobs they do. It was originally an Australian film released in 2010. This is a reimagined, Americanised TV series now in season 4. They’ve also featured songs from the trilogy EPs in three episodes. It’s on TNT in the US.

More info here: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2016/03...by-alexis-sam/
    Last edited by Erneuert; 07-12-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    why there is no word in A Warm Place entry that mentions hidden Downward Spiral motif in this track?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stlkr View Post
    why there is no word in A Warm Place entry that mentions hidden Downward Spiral motif in this track?
    Because there's no motif in AWP?
    Last edited by fillow; 07-23-2019 at 07:10 AM. Reason: "no motif"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Because there's motif in AWP?
    I can record a video after I get from work.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I can record a video after I get from work.
    A video of what, what does that even mean, and what's your source ?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    It’s an awesome show about a family of criminal brothers with their mother as the main matriarch/brains behind all the jobs they do. It was originally an Australian film released in 2010. This is a reimagined, Americanised TV series now in season 4. They’ve also featured songs from the trilogy EPs in three episodes. It’s on TNT in the US.
    Man I binge watched it what an awesome S04E08 conclusion. However some things are stranges, like most of women characters come and go just for nothing ? what about this christian girl ? why did she reappear for 2secs ? what was purpose of all her apparences anyway ?. Also how can you seriously be attached on your left arm with a TV in a hotel ??? and cannot detach yourself ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    A video of what, what does that even mean, and what's your source ?
    You will see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    video of "Hate Tour Intro & Terrible Lie" from May 22, 1990, Palo Alto, CA, The Edge was featured on Post Tv a Bay Area tv channel that featured lots of live concerts and some interviews from like 90-92 (at least from what I can find), and at the end a clip of Trent saying "You're watching Post!". they also used the clip in a promo you can see during the KMFDM episode.... I didn't see this mentioned on the ninwiki or ninlive, and as far tv performances go I usually just hear dance party use which was just the album version then nothing unit the MTV Award Show. so I thought it was worth mentioning, I know the full audio is on ninlive but he doesn't mention the the tv clip... it's on youtube if you haven't seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEXKOR5Oepo&list=PLF08D6DA594063C2D&index= 21

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oop.Yarrz View Post
    video of "Hate Tour Intro & Terrible Lie" from May 22, 1990, Palo Alto, CA, The Edge was featured on Post Tv a Bay Area tv channel that featured lots of live concerts and some interviews from like 90-92 (at least from what I can find), and at the end a clip of Trent saying "You're watching Post!". they also used the clip in a promo you can see during the KMFDM episode.... I didn't see this mentioned on the ninwiki or ninlive, and as far tv performances go I usually just hear dance party use which was just the album version then nothing unit the MTV Award Show. so I thought it was worth mentioning, I know the full audio is on ninlive but he doesn't mention the the tv clip... it's on youtube if you haven't seen it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEXKOR5Oepo&list=PLF08D6DA594063C2D&index= 21
    I've added a mention of this to the page for that night's show. Because it wasn't a dedicated TV appearance and only a snippet from a regular tour stop, it won't be added to the "unabridged dates" section on the tours page.
    Last edited by piggy; 09-16-2019 at 12:27 AM.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Would it be worthwhile to have a single article that has a full rundown of all the projects and releases that were announced/teased in some way that were abandoned/cancelled for whatever reason?

A list off the top of my head:

H-Gun Hate Tour video (Cleveland Empire Club)
    Simon Maxwell FDtS tour video
    March of the Pig original music video
    Hurt original music video
    Closure DVD
    The Fragile deluxe edition/5.1 surround
    With Teeth deluxe packaging/book
    Every Day Is Exactly the Same music video
    Ghosts film festival
    Wave Goodbye footage
    Year Zero HBO show
    Everything music video
    Tension Blu-ray
    Gone Girl outtakes
    Bird Box deluxe edition

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post

Closure DVD
    Ghosts film festival
    Wave Goodbye footage
    Tension Blu-ray
    Gone Girl outtakes
    Bird Box deluxe edition
    Tapeworm! :-P

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    You will see
    We didn’t see...
    @TheBang - great idea!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Would it be worthwhile to have a single article that has a full rundown of all the projects and releases that were announced/teased in some way that were abandoned/cancelled for whatever reason?

Closure DVD
    Ghosts film festival
    Wave Goodbye footage
    Tension Blu-ray
    Gone Girl outtakes
    Bird Box deluxe edition
    Very nice, dont forget the very last video "with people running", the whatever video about cartoons and Eminem (I cant remember what the hell was that ?), the quake vinyl, the unfamous two girls removed from nin videos : TDTWWA and Into the void (we got proof) and... god i may have lost the very rare picture from EDIETS I discovered on the Rob's online book... or not I think I hidden it on my old nin website.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The Scores & Soundtracks section on the homepage is looking severely outdated, as well. We should at least get The Vietnam War, Mid90s, Bird Box, & Watchmen added to that. It'd also be a good move to make sure there's enough room to add Waves, The Woman in the Window, Soul, and whatever else pops up in the next year. Maybe Scores deserves it's own dedicated row at this point (like the NIN releases section) and HTDA can split a row with Soundtracks since both of them only have a handful of releases. If splitting up Soundtracks & Scores is frowned upon (though they are very different), maybe pair HTDA with something like "Remixes for Others" or "Releases by other NIN members" like Sonoio, etc.?