Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Ok, so we talked about the 'Accolades and recognition' page... Now that we have all the Rock Hall-related stuff from nin.com (band member photos and statements) as well as photos of the Woodstock exhibit, should we have a entirely separate page for the Rock Hall stuff that gets linked out from the 'Accolades and recognition' page, or should we put it all on the same page? If you guys think the 'Accolades...' page should have a table format, then yeah, we'd have to link out. If you guys think it should just be set up with normal headings, we can keep it all in one place. Thoughts?
    Last edited by piggy; 11-06-2020 at 11:24 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I’d like to put “Awards” on the main menu.

from there we can have the “Awards & Accolades” main page, from there we can list all of the individual awards.

then we can make a page for the R&R hof for all of this new content

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Sounds good. Perhaps on the RNRHOF page we will eventually be able to have transcripts of Iggy Pop's induction speech and the band members' speeches, and maybe whatever comments are made by other people during the broadcast.
    Last edited by piggy; 11-07-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I stubbed out a quick Awards page here https://www.nin.wiki/Awards_%26_Accolades and linked it from the main menu

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I say this with the upmost respect for what you guys are doing with the site, but the old skin looked miles better. I thought I was on a cheap ripoff for a second.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I say this with the upmost respect for what you guys are doing with the site, but the old skin looked miles better. I thought I was on a cheap ripoff for a second.
    After living with it for a bit I actually agree.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    dude, love the new design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A contribtion to Down In It (registering still seems disabled?):

Producer Keith LeBlanc mentioned in a printed interview that "Down In It" was the song he got to "really put my signature on". His revisions - the Shred, Singe, and Skin mixes - draw heavily from the tracks "Mechanical Movements" and "Einstein" from his album Stranger Than Fiction, released earlier the same year (1989). The fast-paced synth prominent at the beginning of Skin is from "Mechanical Movements", and the main drum pattern is from "Einstein". Additionally, the crowd chant samples during each chorus have appeared in other works involved with Keith's band Tackhead, such as Gary Clail & Tackhead - Reality and The Barmy Army - Stadium Rock.

& Head Like a Hole (Opal):

It features a sample in the choruses that also forms the main rhythm of Mark Stewart - The Wrong Name and the Wrong Number. Adrian Sherwood was involved in the production of the Stewart song, and he and Keith LeBlanc were both members of Mark Stewart and the Maffia at the time they produced Pretty Hate Machine, though whether they had direct involvement with the Opal mix is unknown. LeBlanc and Sherwood aren't credited on any of the Head Like a Hole versions except Keith's mixing of Slate.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncrecc View Post
    A contribtion to Down In It (registering still seems disabled?):

Producer Keith LeBlanc mentioned in a printed interview that "Down In It" was the song he got to "really put my signature on". His revisions - the Shred, Singe, and Skin mixes - draw heavily from the tracks "Mechanical Movements" and "Einstein" from his album Stranger Than Fiction, released earlier the same year (1989). The fast-paced synth prominent at the beginning of Skin is from "Mechanical Movements", and the main drum pattern is from "Einstein". Additionally, the crowd chant samples during each chorus have appeared in other works involved with Keith's band Tackhead, such as Gary Clail & Tackhead - Reality and The Barmy Army - Stadium Rock.

& Head Like a Hole (Opal):

It features a sample in the choruses that also forms the main rhythm of Mark Stewart - The Wrong Name and the Wrong Number. Adrian Sherwood was involved in the production of the Stewart song, and he and Keith LeBlanc were both members of Mark Stewart and the Maffia at the time they produced Pretty Hate Machine, though whether they had direct involvement with the Opal mix is unknown. LeBlanc and Sherwood aren't credited on any of the Head Like a Hole versions except Keith's mixing of Slate.
    I had recently added most of the info for "Down In It", but I went ahead and used your text to expound on both tracks. Thanks!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    So now with the tracklisting for Soul, we have two songs called "Falling", one on Quake and one on Soul. We'll need a disambiguation page, but I'm not sure how to title the separate track pages. Should they be called Falling (Soul song) and Falling (Quake song), or should it be something like Falling (Nine Inch Nails song) and Falling (Reznor & Ross song)?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Falling (Soul song) and Falling (Quake song)
    These look good to me

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malechite View Post
    These look good to me
    OK, it's all set up. Thanks!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    We could use some lyrics on the pages for "The Way It Used To Be" from Watchmen and "(If Only You Could) Save Me" from Mank. In the case of the latter, there needs to be a page first.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 12-12-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Should the version of "Hurt" from ReAct Now have a section under versions similar to "Non-Entity" since it was also for sale on that Sony Connect thing?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Should the version of "Hurt" from ReAct Now have a section under versions similar to "Non-Entity" since it was also for sale on that Sony Connect thing?
    I wasn't aware that was ever officially released! I have an mp3 of that performance, but I'd be interested in seeing if this Sony Connect recording sounds a great deal better than the one I've had for 15 years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    https://www.theninhotline.com/news/permalink/1126494763

I definitely couldn't tell you where my copy of it was or if it was good. But it was for sale

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    We could use some lyrics on the pages for "The Way It Used To Be" from Watchmen and "(If Only You Could) Save Me" from Mank. In the case of the latter, there needs to be a page first.
    Lyrics have been added to TWIUTB. I made a page for the other one but I'm waiting to see if the lyrics will pop up on the internetz, since it's not super easy to transcribe.

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Done and done.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wasn't aware that was ever officially released! I have an mp3 of that performance, but I'd be interested in seeing if this Sony Connect recording sounds a great deal better than the one I've had for 15 years.
    You can download them here:

https://ninlive.com/shows/2005/20050909.html

I believe they're directly transcoded from the DRM'd proprietary Sony format.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    SOUL BPM's ("Portal" is listed as "Portal/The Hall of Everything" on streaming sites; songs are identical):

The Great Beyond = 101 bpm

Falling = 110 bpm

The Great Before/U Seminar = 134 bpm

Jump to Earth = 132 bpm

Terry Time = 100 bpm

Joe's Life = 71 bpm

Portal/The Hall of Everything = 120 bpm

Run/Astral Plane = 134 bpm

Lost Soul = 180 bpm

Meditation/Return to Earth = 144 bpm

Terry Time Too = 100 bpm

22 Is Ready = 200 bpm

Pursuit/Terry's World = 127 bpm

Betrayal = 200 bpm

Lost = 74 bpm

Epiphany = 70 bpm

Ship Chase = 120 bpm

Escape/Inside 22 = 110 bpm

Flashback = 200 bpm

Earthbound = 148 bpm

Thank You = 70 bpm

Enjoy Every Minute = 67 bpm

Just Us = 120 bpm

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    With award season upon us, I added Accolades tables to the pages for the Mank and Soul scores so that the pages can be quickly edited whenever any new award nominations and wins are announced.

So far, Soul has won the Los Angeles Film Critics Association award for Best Music Score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Info for the "Sin" page. More Keith LeBlanc shenanigans, as per usual: the bell loop in Sin (Dub), Sin (Long), and Sin (Short) - all remixes made by LeBlanc and Sherwood - appears pitched down and with a bit of variation in "Mr. President", from Keith's solo album Tasteless Cuts, released the same year as PHM.

(Most noticeable at 1:02 onward)
    Tasteless Cuts was released in 1989 whereas the Sin halo was released 1990, so unless the bell was set to appear in the album version then scrapped or the Sin halo was massively delayed, it's probably the Sin remixes borrowing from Mr. President and not vice versa.

Side note: won't be surprised if something from The Only Time (produced by Keith) also originates from an obscure solo project; I basically just have that to figure out before I'm set to stop wanking about Keith here

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ^^
    Boy do I hear all sorts of familiar beats in there. Kick drum from We Believe (Twitch) and HLAH intro percusssion... Most likely not samples but the same drum machines or something? Also I'm currently away from good speakers (only have shitty laptop on me) so I may hear wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Also, Sin (Short) actually matches the progression of the album version, unlike Sin (Long) or Sin (Dub):

though at a slightly slower BPM
    Last edited by ncrecc; 03-02-2021 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think it's worth adding this image from David Carson's Facebook post from yesterday to the page for And All That Could Have Been.

EDIT: Also, why isn't the cover of the DVD included on that page? I really feel it should be, especially since it's referenced on the page in the story about David finding the underground bomb shelter at a home he purchased.
    (the two versions that were sold – Dolby Digital & DTS, respectively – were slightly different. See examples below.)

(Dolby Digital)
    (DTS)
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 03-15-2021 at 11:34 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I'm thinking the DVD cover was removed by mistake. I've put it back in, and thanks for that nice hi-res version. I've also added the prototype art from DC's Facebook. Thanks!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm thinking the DVD cover was removed by mistake. I've put it back in, and thanks for that nice hi-res version. I've also added the prototype art from DC's Facebook. Thanks!
    Thank you! You’re always so on top of things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Paging @Malechite ...

So I was randomly poking around the wiki page for nin.com and I clicked on the section about the Fragility tour rehearsals... I found that not only has the content of the page been removed, but it was done by an anonymous user? How is that even possible? Is something fishy going on?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Paging @Malechite...

So I was randomly poking around the wiki page for nin.com and I clicked on the section about the Fragility tour rehearsals... I found that not only has the content of the page been removed, but it was done by an anonymous user? How is that even possible? Is something fishy going on?
    @piggy Thanks for the heads up!

That’s likely a database error. I upgraded all the software and did some database maintenance at the end of last year. The content probably still exists but might need to be re-linked in the db. I came across this same problem with a couple other pages when I did the upgrade.

I’ll take a look!

EDIT: The page should be restored - https://www.nin.wiki/Nin.com/Fragility_Rehearsals

Let me know if you come across any others like that!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hello!

A couple of things I noticed on the Quake entry -
    The external link to the Wikipedia entry links to the disambiguation, rather than the article itself.
    Under “Trivia”, the sentence ‘The game's readme refers to Nothing Interactive, an entity that has not been to referred to before or since.’ doesn’t seem to make sense?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muad'nin View Post
    Hello!

A couple of things I noticed on the Quake entry -
    The external link to the Wikipedia entry links to the disambiguation, rather than the article itself.
    Under “Trivia”, the sentence ‘The game's readme refers to Nothing Interactive, an entity that has not been to referred to before or since.’ doesn’t seem to make sense?
    Fixed up both of those issues. Thanks!