Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I'm not planning on doing any more edits until all the back end work is done, but I did notice today that the main page doesn't give me the edit option anymore, even though I'm a mod and I've edited it before.
    Well the back end work is all done, so you're good to make edits and whatnot.

as far as the main page, looks like the default group permissions changed with the upgrade. you're actually a "mod" not "administrator" and i can't choose to let mods edit protected pages, but i'll work on adding that permission.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    All working well now.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I wonder why we're currently getting spammed so hard. It's really obnoxious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    By popular demand, THROW IT AWAY now has its own NIN Wiki page.

*popular demand may be a bit exaggerated . . .

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @piggy @sheepdean @Malechite -

1) We need the Gone Girl Soundtrack icon put on the main page

2) Should we change the name of the page to what it's called on the artwork, namely "Gone Girl - Soundtrack From The Motion Picture"? Or should we keep it the same as the preceding two soundtracks to avoid confusion?

3) Should we add the CD/Vinyl cover artwork to the page as well? The one with the different color hue to the digital download?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I was hoping on a better quality version of the alt art before upload, but I guess we can go low quality for now - grab Amazon's when they add it though. As for the page name - I'm willing to move it if there's consensus, but it's important we leave the redirect because no one is going to know to search for that name.

Main page icon I'll get to work on.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    What's everyone's opinion on making a page listing all the soundtracks? At this point, Trent's worked directly on 6, plus one hour photo, and Tomb Raider & The Crow of course had original music made for them. I feel at this point a summary page might be useful? Or would that just be clutter that's handled by the bar on the homepage?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Could be redundant. There's the bar on the home page, and the category of Soundtracks.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Regarding the title of the Gone Girl page... Personally, I think we should leave the title as 'Gone Girl Soundtrack'. If we were to get that technical, the NBK page would need to be called 'Natural Born Killers: A Soundtrack For An Oliver Stone Film', for example.

As for a soundtrack summary page, it might be a good idea. We do have the soundtracks category, but a page that gives little capsule explanations of all of his different involvements could be nice. I could knock something together for that if you like.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @piggy @sheepdean -

I edited the Gone Girl page and added the track lengths as per here:

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...151#post216151

Though I noticed the page for Dragon Tattoo doesn't list the track lengths (The Social Network page does).

I don't have the music on me at the moment to list the track times for Dragon Tattoo. Could one of you kindly add it in for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on making a page listing all the soundtracks? At this point, Trent's worked directly on 6, plus one hour photo, and Tomb Raider & The Crow of course had original music made for them. I feel at this point a summary page might be useful? Or would that just be clutter that's handled by the bar on the homepage?
    I personally like this idea.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Dragon Tattoo track times added. Also added those for the download sampler.
    Last edited by piggy; 09-25-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is there a page for the as yet unreleased Tension 2013 DVD? o.o? I'd like to do live/studio track comparisons, but there's no telling when the rest of the tracks will see the light of day, if ever. ;o; (It's starting to get into "soon" territory.)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    ^^
    I think it's more suitable for individual song pages

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh yeah. I'd rather do that on the individual song pages. Sorry if that wasn't clear. XD I was just wondering if there was an actual page for the DVD or not, or if it's not been necessary as of yet since it's kind of lost in limbo at the moment. I couldn't find one while I was mucking around on the Live 2013-2014 pages, which is why I asked.
    Last edited by GrayscaleRain; 10-08-2014 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    As soon as the DVD is officially announced by the NIN camp, we'll have a page up. There wasn't one yet because we don't know what the title will end up being.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    That makes sense. Hadn't even thought about that. And boy, there have been a lot of spambots lately. @_@ The second page of recent changes is FULL of them.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I know, right? It's pretty out of control for some reason.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I created some pages for the tracks on the Gone Girl soundtrack. They just need to be filled in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sorry for the double-post. But I have to say this:

UGH! I swear I've blocked and blasted at least 1,000 spam accounts/pages in the last week alone! I really think that NIN Wiki should disable new account creations until the spam situation is under control.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Totally agree. I don't know if it has anything to do with the recent transition that the wiki went through or if it's just coincidence, but it's just outrageous. And you deserve major love for keeping things cleaned up.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah. Thanks, Leo. It really seems like it's been a colossal pain. u.u; Maybe a captcha or questionnaire for account creation might help? Something that can be easily implemented but would be hard for a computer to figure out, yanno? Maybe something NIN themed. n.n Like determining album covers or something. XD (It's a silly idea, but yeah, any anti-bot measures would be welcome.)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Something that has been bothering me for a long time: we need to find a way to eliminate this ugliness from quotation blocks:

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    That the way the preformatted text block works. If you want it to look differently, then you shouldn't be using that. You should create a Quotation template instead. Something like this, maybe:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Template:Cquote

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I think I've blocked and deleted over 200 spam bots and page of late, can we PLEASE make the captcha harder?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I think I've blocked and deleted over 200 spam bots and page of late, can we PLEASE make the captcha harder?
    "What is a common NIN term that is reminiscent of Danny Lloyd's catch phrase from The Shining, but relates to Trent Reznor's bush?"

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Late to say, cool work to whoever updated the domain

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Dost mine eyes deceive me? Have all the spambots finally disappeared?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I compiled some artwork for 'Welcome oblivion' as I noticed mine is "better" quality. The PNG's (1500x1500 @ 72 dpi) were extracted from the official 24/96 FLAC digital download. Individual track JPEG's were generated with no alterations using GIMP 2 via Export @ (100) Quality. Maybe you guys can use some of this

How to destroy angels_ - Welcome oblivion (artwork)

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    Dost mine eyes deceive me? Have all the spambots finally disappeared?
    @Malechite has been quietly busy