Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I've created the pages for all the Waves songs so if someone would like to add the individual art for those, that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yes, that is the embedded artwork that comes with the official download
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by piggy; 12-11-2019 at 11:56 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I've created the pages for all the Waves songs so if someone would like to add the individual art for those, that would be great.

Thanks!!
    Is there a place to get the individual art? I have not purchased the digital version from nin.com (waiting on physical release, if it comes out)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Are the lyrics for Gunshots By Computer correct? I always thought this line:

This man and his army are praying in their fortresses making guns of steeples
    Insurgence of people
    was actually this:

This man and his army are praying in their fortresses making guns of steeples
    Insurgents of people

As in, people are being made to be 'insurgents' rather than 'insurgence'. Makes more sense, right? Or am I wrong?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Is there a place to get the individual art? I have not purchased the digital version from nin.com (waiting on physical release, if it comes out)
    This is everything with the WAVs (15 photos, 30.9 MB):

https://mega.nz/#F!auA3DCrQ!XxDveSyPW8oKXsDqZMuwlw

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Watchmen: Volume 3 (Music from the HBO Series) [Digital Version]

DOOMSDAY PREPPER = 130 bpm
    CLOCKMAKER = 176 bpm
    A MAN WALKS INTO AN INTRINSIC FIELD = 84 bpm
    SPLICE OF LIFE = 114 bpm
    NO RHYTHM = 78 bpm
    THE WAITING SKY = 138 bpm
    THE WAY IT USED TO BE = 82 bpm
    THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM = 84 bpm
    WORTHY OF THE BADGE = 63 bpm
    WHICH CAME FIRST = 114 bpm
    STUPID PANTIES = 176 bpm
    A STRONGER, LOVING WORLD = 114 bpm
    NOTHING EVER ENDS = 180 bpm
    LINCOLN TUNNEL = 63 bpm
    LIFE ON MARS? = 156 bpm

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I do not see this being mentioned on the NIN wiki page for Gone Girl: https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/ids...9-3b41a61d0d7c

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Should we add a note to each song title page that appears on the Volume 3 faux track listing of the Watchmen soundtrack? Just Do It, The Eater of Dreams, The Way Out Is Through, etc?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    One of my to-do's is to flesh out Charlie Clouser's page with all of his remixes, at least during his tenure with NIN. This was inspired by this reddit post that sourced NINwiki as the source for a misattribution of this remix, and as a bonus we got a comment from the man himself: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...h_nails_remix/

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I've noticed an error on the Soundtracks & Scores page at the bottom under Songs Recorded for Film. It states:

• Nine Inch Nails, "Burn" (for Lost Highway - 1997)
    That obviously needs to be corrected to The Perfect Drug and another separate entry should be added for Burn/Natural Born Killers.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Should we add a note to each song title page that appears on the Volume 3 faux track listing of the Watchmen soundtrack? Just Do It, The Eater of Dreams, The Way Out Is Through, etc?
    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I've noticed an error on the Soundtracks & Scores page at the bottom under Songs Recorded for Film. It states:

That obviously needs to be corrected to The Perfect Drug and another separate entry should be added for Burn/Natural Born Killers.
    Fixed. Can't believe I never spotted that!
    Last edited by piggy; 12-30-2019 at 04:24 AM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Done.
    I added an extra note next to The Actual Events saying that it is likely a play on NTAE.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    With regards to the Watchmen 03 coil references: Last One Out Turn Off The Lights is a hand scrawled message within the dead wax of side 3 ( so disc b side 1, aka the last side with music) of the vinyl edition of Musick To Play In The Dark Volume 2. Not sure if it's worth inclusion, but it's some trivia for ya either way

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Is there a card with the credits for Watchmen Vol. 03 floating around the interwebz anywhere? Looking to complete the credits section for that on the wiki...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Is there a card with the credits for Watchmen Vol. 03 floating around the interwebz anywhere? Looking to complete the credits section for that on the wiki...
    No one has seen one, despite several inquiries.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It does exist. I don’t have it myself but I’ve asked who does and by the end of the weekend we shall have some scans.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricil View Post
    It does exist. I don’t have it myself but I’ve asked who does and by the end of the weekend we shall have some scans.
    it's 3pm Monday where I reside. You're a filthy liar.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    it's 3pm Monday where I reside. You're a filthy liar.
    sorry. not trying to cash piles ya. it's just not mine to share. maybe @ItsJustDave knows where to get a scan.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    sorry. not trying to cash piles ya.
    i am laughing so fucking hard right now

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    sorry. not trying to cash piles ya. it's just not mine to share. maybe @ItsJustDave knows where to get a scan.
    I’ve been busy as all hell lately. I’ll get scans up tonight.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    I’ve been busy as all hell lately. I’ll get scans up tonight.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h6auyr7h24...0Card.zip?dl=0

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I'll be updating the Main Page's list of Soundtracks & Scores tomorrow or the next day. If anyone has any suggestions or requests for other modifications to that page, I'm all ears.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I'll be updating the Main Page's list of Soundtracks & Scores tomorrow or the next day. If anyone has any suggestions or requests for other modifications to that page, I'm all ears.
    I had a few ideas back in October:
    The Scores & Soundtracks section on the homepage is looking severely outdated, as well. We should at least get The Vietnam War, Mid90s, Bird Box, & Watchmen added to that. It'd also be a good move to make sure there's enough room to add Waves, The Woman in the Window, Soul, and whatever else pops up in the next year. Maybe Scores deserves it's own dedicated row at this point (like the NIN releases section) and HTDA can split a row with Soundtracks since both of them only have a handful of releases. If splitting up Soundtracks & Scores is frowned upon (though they are very different), maybe pair HTDA with something like "Remixes for Others" or "Releases by other NIN members" like Sonoio, etc.?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've added some scores to the list on the main page. Separating out the scores and soundtrack sounds like a good idea, but we're running out of space in the thumbnail release listing area...

maybe pair HTDA with something like "Remixes for Others" or "Releases by other NIN members" like Sonoio, etc.?
    I like the idea of moving HTDA somewhere else to free up space and make it look a little cleaner. Maybe replacing the Year Zero ARG box with something like "Related Projects" like you said. What else could go under there, besides HTDA and Sonoio? Would we include Filter? Tapeworm? Pigface? If we don't have enough, we could probably expand our definition a little and include APC, Manson, Tool, etc.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I like the idea of moving HTDA somewhere else to free up space and make it look a little cleaner. Maybe replacing the Year Zero ARG box with something like "Related Projects" like you said. What else could go under there, besides HTDA and Sonoio? Would we include Filter? Tapeworm? Pigface? If we don't have enough, we could probably expand our definition a little and include APC, Manson, Tool, etc.
    The discography on the official site has a "Family" and "Miscellaneous" section. In my opinion, if we're adding something with thumbnails, it should be closer to "Family". HTDA should be its own section; ideally, so should Atticus Ross since he's an official member. SONOIO, 12 Rounds, Cortini, Telefon Tel Aviv, and New Regime, like it is on the official site makes sense.

The problem with "Related" is it opens too many doors, then you're stuck highlighting only a few with thumbnails, which is fine but not ideal. If you're going to throw up APC for writing credits, then why not Lil Nas X? If you're putting up APC because of touring as well... I'm sure you can see where that's going. If you want to have a section like that then I'd highlight the biggies, such as Manson, Pigface, Saul Williams, David Bowie... I had to stop myself there.

That's a lot to say my vote is for Atticus Ross, first and foremost.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yes, I had a similar thought a few months back. A section for related projects in place of the Year Zero ARG section, and I agree that it should be defined along similar lines as the official site. I updated the ARG section of the YZ page a while back with a link to the World of Year Zero category page, so anyone looking for that stuff shouldn't have a hard time finding it.
    Last edited by piggy; 02-27-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    New info alert...

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...d=1#post485100

Cover It Up - early demo of The Idea of You

Good Day
    The End

Has much of this been discussed elsewhere?
    Last edited by Erneuert; 03-01-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's been discussed in a couple of other threads here. I guess no one had made a dedicated thread since none of the audio has been shared. I added some info about it to the WT page recently.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Dang. I really want to hear those!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Sorry that I didn’t go to the specified thread. Does anyone know who has these or has reached out to them?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Sorry that I didn’t go to the specified thread. Does anyone know who has these or has reached out to them?
    Discussion starts here: https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...682#post476682

tldr: attempts to liberate this thing were made, but no success so far