Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    @piggy , i've been trying to get this page updated http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

there are some sites that are no longer valid and I would like to add NINCatalog to the page as well.
    I wish I could, but mods don't have the authority to edit restricted pages like that one. We used to have it, but it was inadvertently taken away with the last revamp of the wiki. It's super frustrating, because I get requests to work on restricted pages all the time and I feel really unhelpful when that happens.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I wish I could, but mods don't have the authority to edit restricted pages like that one. We used to have it, but it was inadvertently taken away with the last revamp of the wiki. It's super frustrating, because I get requests to work on restricted pages all the time and I feel really unhelpful when that happens.
    @Leviathant any pull here?

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    @Leviathant any pull here?
    Paging @Malechite , Malechite do you read me?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    *zzzz*

I'm awake, what edits do we need on that page? If you want, dump it in talk or sandbox and I can copy paste

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I’ve been keeping the song tour statistics up to date as they become available as well as add the respective set lists to their respective show dates page. I’m fairly sure it’s all correct, but feel free to make any necessary amendments.

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to add the show posters (regular and foil versions) to each date page, if anyone’s up for that undertaking.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @sheepdean , i have posted the changes over to http://www.nin.wiki/Talk:Suggestions

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Thanks @Leviathant and @TheBang for the live videos and recommending the a capella-ish V5 remix respectively. It's definitely "Low-techs". There were a bunch of other incorrect lyrics in there that I fixed, so I just messaged @piggy and asked her to change it back to "Low-techs" but keep my other changes.

Crowd sourcing is fun!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Are some of these tallies wrong? There were only 40 shows, so how was HLAH performed 59 times and Hurt 64 times?

Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I’ve been keeping the song tour statistics up to date as they become available as well as add the respective set lists to their respective show dates page. I’m fairly sure it’s all correct, but feel free to make any necessary amendments.

I was also thinking it might be a good idea to add the show posters (regular and foil versions) to each date page, if anyone’s up for that undertaking.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    asked her to change it back to "Low-techs" but keep my other changes
    Done and done. Glad to have that sorted.
    Last edited by piggy; 12-19-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by minusthesnake View Post
    Are some of these tallies wrong? There were only 40 shows, so how was HLAH performed 59 times and Hurt 64 times?
    It includes the 2017 I Can’t Seem To Wake Up tour as well.

HLAH and Hurt have both been done 64 times between both tours:

Song Performance Statistics

The following are all the songs that were played on the tour, sorted chronologically in album order and how many times each song was performed. Also included are songs performed during the I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017 tour, such as "She's Gone Away". As such, the current total unique songs performed is 78 (counting "The Eater Of Dreams" as a unique song, though not counting "The Fireman" as it is entirely pre-recorded).
    Last edited by Erneuert; 12-19-2018 at 03:52 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It includes the 2017 I Can’t Seem To Wake Up tour as well.

HLAH and Hurt have both been done 64 times between both tours:

Song Performance Statistics

The following are all the songs that were played on the tour, sorted chronologically in album order and how many times each song was performed. Also included are songs performed during the I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017 tour, such as "She's Gone Away". As such, the current total unique songs performed is 78 (counting "The Eater Of Dreams" as a unique song, though not counting "The Fireman" as it is entirely pre-recorded).
    Should the statistics be moved to the main NIN 2017-2018 page or broken up across the four segments of the larger touring run? It seems weird that it's listed on a sub page that is specifically for the CABAI Tour which only lists those 40 tour dates, but tallies the songs for all dates across 4 tours.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I wanted to ask the same thing.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Sure, feel free to move/adjust.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I have adjusted the tallies so that they are just reflective of the C+B+I tour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Could a note be added to http://www.nin.wiki/The_Downward_Spiral_(halo) that the 2017 DE vinyl edition fixed the transitions between songs that were split between sides? I was concerned about that when I started picking up more NIN LPs, but was pleasantly surprised when I put this one on. It looks like you guys won't let any idiot off the street edit the wiki, and that's a good thing.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Done and done.

I'm guessing the reason why the admins had to crack down on open editing was because we had shit-tons of bots a few years back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Done and done.

I'm guessing the reason why the admins had to crack down on open editing was because we had shit-tons of bots a few years back.
    I like it, thanks!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I changed the photo on Mike Garson’s page to the recent one of he and TR backstage during the C&B&I tour.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The front page has been out of date in terms of the Soundtracks and Scores section for a while now. Is it time to boot Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway (both of which Trent/NIN only did a bit of work for rather than a full album of music) in favor of keeping enough space to easily add Vietnam, mid90s and Bird Box, or should there maybe be a rethink of that section entirely to define what should be there and what shouldn't? Not really sure what that would entail, but I can at least see right now that three more icons either won't fit or will just barely fit in that section without removing some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The front page has been out of date in terms of the Soundtracks and Scores section for a while now. Is it time to boot Natural Born Killers and Lost Highway (both of which Trent/NIN only did a bit of work for rather than a full album of music) in favor of keeping enough space to easily add Vietnam, mid90s and Bird Box, or should there maybe be a rethink of that section entirely to define what should be there and what shouldn't? Not really sure what that would entail, but I can at least see right now that three more icons either won't fit or will just barely fit in that section without removing some.
    That row would get crowded if HTDA put out another release, too. Maybe each could get its own row -- it would be a shame to boot anything just for having partial TR/AR involvement.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Just created the page for Bird Box:

http://www.nin.wiki/Bird_Box_Original_Score

Two questions: is January 2 the correct date of release? Or should it be January 1?

Also, could someone please add in the track lengths next to the titles? I’ll create the individual track pages later tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Just created the page for Bird Box:

http://www.nin.wiki/Bird_Box_Original_Score

Two questions: is January 2 the correct date of release? Or should it be January 1?

Also, could someone please add in the track lengths next to the titles? I’ll create the individual track pages later tomorrow unless someone beats me to it.
    January 1. It was released on nin.com yesterday.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    January 1. It was released on nin.com yesterday.
    Thank you, fixed.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Created the song pages, but need confirmation re: “And It Keeps Coming” vs “And It Keeps On Coming”.

nin.com lists it as the former and the official WAV/mp3 files the latter...
    Last edited by Erneuert; 01-03-2019 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Created the song pages, but need confirmation re: “And It Keeps Coming” vs “And It Keeps On Coming”.

nin.com lists it as the former and the official WAV/mp3 files the latter...
    I obviously can't speak for TR, but I'd assume the files are correct and the website is just missing a word. I'd imagine they go through a quality-check process with the files, especially after some of the recent flubs with Halloween and Deviations.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I obviously can't speak for TR, but I'd assume the files are correct and the website is just missing a word. I'd imagine they go through a quality-check process with the files, especially after some of the recent flubs with Halloween and Deviations.
    Violet, Violent fluids. Memorabillia

Trent is always the one who is wrong on these things

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Can anyone reach out to someone from the NIN camp (tweet, maybe?) and confirm the correct title?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Oh yeah ? no, we cannot assume that files are correct, errors (small) on these are not rare. And I don't mention very bad quality check like adding huge cover that double each file size, damaged rar, damaged files, bad 24Hz... no I seen several IDTAG small errors. Small but painful when you got duplicate artists on your tools, or missing songs on google play...
    Official listing tough have chances to be spreaded everywhere, includig physical copy

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I always go with the titles printed on the back cover. If we have any physical version, that is.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I always go with the titles printed on the back cover. If we have any physical version, that is.
    That’s a good idea. Does anyone know if samplers are out yet to refer to?