Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    question / observation: in listening to some nin.com exclusive remixes that were offered back in the day, I noticed that these version often link back to remix.nin.com which has been defunct for quite some time. Should we remove the link altogether or try to link it back to a WayBack URL?
    IMO it should all point to a wayback url and/or another website hosting it. Is it possible to host it on wiki directly ? Only way it can be eternally kept.

Also, anyone wants an explanation of the transcription + literal translation of La Mer I did a few weeks (or months) ago ? Idk that's interesting to anyone, but it's quite.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    question / observation: in listening to some nin.com exclusive remixes that were offered back in the day, I noticed that these version often link back to remix.nin.com which has been defunct for quite some time. Should we remove the link altogether or try to link it back to a WayBack URL?
    There's an archive here:

https://archive.org/search.php?query...mix.nin.com%22

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I went through and changed all of those links to archive.org ones like a month ago or something. They should all be functional now.

Now I need someone who can edit the main page to change the "I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017" link to the "NIN 2017-2018" page that I made.
    Last edited by piggy; 05-15-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I went through and changed all of those links to archive.org ones like a month ago or something. They should all be functional now.

Now I need someone who can edit the main page to change the "I Can't Seem To Wake Up 2017" link to the "NIN 2017-2018" page that I made.
    The La Mer (Version) still links to remix.nin.com

http://www.nin.wiki/La_Mer

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    The La Mer (Version) still links to remix.nin.com

http://www.nin.wiki/La_Mer
    I just checked it and it has an archive.org link. Is there a different song you're thinking of?

BTW, may I ask why you wanted to revert to the smaller version of the Bad Witch back cover?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I just checked it and it has an archive.org link. Is there a different song you're thinking of?

BTW, may I ask why you wanted to revert to the smaller version of the Bad Witch back cover?
    I think we were referencing two different things. The paragraph reads: A

n nin.com exclusive from The Fragile era, this remix by Jerome Dillon and Keith Hillebrandt features much more percussion-oriented loops, using atmospheric and base elements from the original. The track is currently available for download at the remix.nin.com website. <-- that is not the case. I get that it references what remix.nin.com but I guess we should change it to read "The track was previously available for download at the remix.nin.com website.

And the reason I reverted it back because it was just showing a black box image not the actual back of Bad Witch. I thought that was done in error, so I reverted back. Feel free to change back, if there is a larger image that you uploaded.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Ah, I see. Thanks for pointing that out and I've fixed it now. I'll see if I can figure out what happened with the Bad Witch cover art. I had uploaded a bigger one and didn't realize it got messed up.
    Last edited by piggy; 05-15-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    God Break Down the Door wiki page created. http://www.nin.wiki/God_Break_Down_The_Door
    My first full page creation so feel free to edit as needed.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    God Break Down the Door wiki page created. http://www.nin.wiki/God_Break_Down_The_Door
    My first full page creation so feel free to edit as needed.
    It's missing infos about all the covers, the bowie strange mood, and apparently, there is a better quality leak from an australian resalier at the same time ?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Leak quality isn’t relevant to the wiki imho. In roughly a month we won’t need leaks anyway.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    Leak quality isn’t relevant to the wiki imho. In roughly a month we won’t need leaks anyway.
    Right now we cannot be sure of what happened, NIN has an history about leaking and/or releasing after leaks, those leaks seems to lead to a single release and/or immediate download

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Right now we cannot be sure of what happened, NIN has an history about leaking and/or releasing after leaks, those leaks seems to lead to a single release and/or immediate download
    That's basically my point; in a short while (longest period a month to LP release but likely much shorter) the track will be properly available and so the issue of different leaks and their relative quality won't matter.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Why not do a wiki page for The Trilogy ?

That way we can make a summary of the overarching themes, put every bit of informations we have on the narrative, put all the similarities, etc...

I thought of that when I saw the interview extract duplicated three times on each album page by @piggy. Seems redundant.

They said it was an alternate way of releasing an album in three pieces, so why not.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    From the "Formats" section of the Bad Witch article:

A white vinyl Spotify exclusive edition was also offered.
    A 180 gram off-white vinyl (pressing), limited to 2400 pieces, was also available exclusively through Merchbar as part of #SpotifyFansFirst.

A limited edition pressing of 2400, 180 gram off-white vinyl was also available exclusively through Merchbar as part of #SpotifyFansFirst.

-----------------------------------------------------

Not really sure; both sound bloated when contained to one sentence. At the very least, the current entry should have the word "limited" or an exact pressing number. Also, it's for sure off-white.

-----------------------------------------------------

Speaking of formats, is it possible to have all the release dates of various formats consolidated somewhere near the top? It seems like this was the "plan", but recently I've had to scroll down to the "Formats" section to find release dates for physical media (the "Trilogy" and some TR/AR works spring to mind). Like I said, it's not a widespread issue, just some (new) inconsistency.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I modified it using the Merchbar verbiage and your recommendation. Nincatalog has also been updated with the Spotify exclusive.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I modified it using the Merchbar verbiage and your recommendation. Nincatalog has also been updated with the Spotify exclusive.
    Zippy!

The Merchbar site has it listed as 2400 total... is it supposed to be 2500?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I am not sure really, since the Spotify email said 2500. I'll change to 2400 since that what is on the site.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of formats, is it possible to have all the release dates of various formats consolidated somewhere near the top? It seems like this was the "plan", but recently I've had to scroll down to the "Formats" section to find release dates for physical media (the "Trilogy" and some TR/AR works spring to mind). Like I said, it's not a widespread issue, just some (new) inconsistency.
    I took care of this issue recently, forgot to post about it.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    this goes on, and on...

"This Isn't The Place" article incorrectly lists Cedocore drug from video as "Sotriviol". Should be S-O-T-I-R-I-V-O-L.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    @Jon fixed

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Samples section needs to be updated for ‘Feeders’ from Deviations 1 with the sample from ‘Real Genius’ (its a page or two back on this thread). I’d do it myself but I suck

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Samples section needs to be updated for ‘Feeders’ from Deviations 1 with the sample from ‘Real Genius’ (its a page or two back on this thread). I’d do it myself but I suck
    Done and done. Also added to the "Feeders" page.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    The track art that comes with the 24-bit versions of The Slip varies slightly in the cropping from what is embedded in the MP3 files (cannot speak for the 16-bit FLAC). I've pointed this out I think three times now, along with links to the artwork. It's been awhile, so I'll try again.

Is this something y'all want added to the wiki? If not, I'd rather hear a "no" so I can let it go.

I just re-read this and realized I sound like a dick...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    can I get an edit on the following page since I don't have permissions to do so:

http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

We need to remove the Painful Convictions Link since it's no longer active.

If I can get NIN Catalog - nincatalog.com added on there, since I also help maintain that site, I'd appreciate.

Also, some of the links on the smaller sites section needs to be removed as they are no longer active.
    Last edited by spahn; 06-01-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The track art that comes with the 24-bit versions of The Slip varies slightly in the cropping from what is embedded in the MP3 files (cannot speak for the 16-bit FLAC). I've pointed this out I think three times now, along with links to the artwork. It's been awhile, so I'll try again.

Is this something y'all want added to the wiki? If not, I'd rather hear a "no" so I can let it go.

If I remember correctly, Rob actually said that the weird things at the bottom of the track art weren't supposed to be there, so the track art on ninwiki is actually mostly wrong, using the accidentally glitched artwork from before it was fixed.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

This issue is all fixed. Thanks for pointing it out, as there were lots of inconsistencies with the images. Now they are all 1200x1200 corrected versions.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    can I get an edit on the following page since I don't have permissions to do so:

http://www.nin.wiki/NinWiki:Friends

We need to remove the Painful Convictions Link since it's no longer active.

If I can get NIN Catalog - nincatalog.com added on there, since I also help maintain that site, I'd appreciate.
    It's a great resource that I stumble upon frequently. Thank you for maintaining that.

Since I can't sleep tonight, I was looking through my error logs of ninlive and noticed this link on the Wiki is dead and is on this page: http://www.nin.wiki/The_Beauty_Of_The_Drug. That is from the old server that I never had usage on. May want to remove that link altogether.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ninlive; 06-08-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Disturbed links have been removed.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I'll admit: I just now realized that saving an image from the wiki results in an image which is about 1/3 the size of the original. I'm assuming this is intentional as its site wide? Whether I click on the thumbnail preview or the "Original File" link, I get the same results.

Also, super nitpicky: Is there a version of the corrected art for "1,000,000" that wasn't a PSB file? I ask because based on the file size listed for the "1,000,000" artwork, it appears that it was incorrectly saved at a quality of 90. The rest of the art is 92. I get a file size of 338 KB (just slightly smaller than "999,999").

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I just now realized that saving an image from the wiki results in an image which is about 1/3 the size of the original. I'm assuming this is intentional as its site wide? Whether I click on the thumbnail preview or the "Original File" link, I get the same results.
    Not for me. "Original File" gives me a high resolution image file (if available).