Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayscaleRain View Post
    I've heard that some of it was released through nin.com during the Fragile days, we know what Appendage is, and I know where the Telefon Tel Aviv song came from but THAT wasn't released until 2007, well into the Year Zero days. I'm positive I have had this compilation since before that? Or perhaps I'd just heard the individual songs before and forgotten they didn't all go together. Hard to say. Also I can't find any info on the 'color' remixes for TDTWWA.
    Ah yes, I remember the color mixes because it was a cool naming convention but the actual mixes are fucking awful.

"Even Deeper (Love Dub)" was played live by TTA way back in the day, and a decent recording of one of their shows used to circulate, which included their ED remix – I still have it cropped out of the show file. Kinda wish I'd kept the rest of it; I love TTA more now than I did then. So this may use the live recording. And this was probably around the time you're talking about, because I got it from an FTP server, and that wasn't exactly super common in 2007.

The color remixes are just fan bullshit. And I believe both TNF versions are the short pieces from thingsfallingapart.com, which means one is a TNF mix and one is "Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com)" according to TR's official uploads on remix.nin.com.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    Ah yes, I remember the color mixes because it was a cool naming convention but the actual mixes are fucking awful.

"Even Deeper (Love Dub)" was played live by TTA way back in the day, and a decent recording of one of their shows used to circulate, which included their ED remix – I still have it cropped out of the show file. Kinda wish I'd kept the rest of it; I love TTA more now than I did then. So this may use the live recording. And this was probably around the time you're talking about, because I got it from an FTP server, and that wasn't exactly super common in 2007.

The color remixes are just fan bullshit. And I believe both TNF versions are the short pieces from thingsfallingapart.com, which means one is a TNF mix and one is "Untitled (from thingsfallingapart.com)" according to TR's official uploads on remix.nin.com.
    I don't think they're THAT bad, but I can definitely seen them being fan mixes. The Version ones are interesting, too. The only one I don't have confirmation about it being on nin.com is the one of WITT though I imagine that was done by Hillebrandt, like the others. Could be wrong, though. (It makes liberal use of the "I" from the beginning of each verse but is otherwise completely instrumental.)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayscaleRain View Post
    The only one I don't have confirmation about it being on nin.com is the one of WITT though I imagine that was done by Hillebrandt, like the others. Could be wrong, though. (It makes liberal use of the "I" from the beginning of each verse but is otherwise completely instrumental.)
    There aren't any official WITT remixes, just radio edits and the instrumental/extended version. You hear the "I" because the remix just uses the album version and does whatever with it, so there aren't any vocals to separate.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I fixed a bunch of these Yesterday.
    What was the error? I tried working it out but gave up.

Was it an extra |- somewhere where it shouldn't have been or was there more to it?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What was the error? I tried working it out but gave up.

Was it an extra |- somewhere where it shouldn't have been or was there more to it?
    http://www.nin.wiki/index.php?title=...96&oldid=51195

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Lyrics to NTAE songs and fifth cover variant added to respective pages.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Can someone remove the fourth NTAE cover? (the third alternate, grey one). It's not a cover.
    I made it to highlight the differences between the black one and the white one. It's just the two versions superimposed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri. View Post
    Can someone remove the fourth NTAE cover? (the third alternate, grey one). It's not a cover.
    I made it to highlight the differences between the black one and the white one. It's just the two versions superimposed.
    Fixed, thanks for letting us know.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    File embedded lyrics added.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Guys, do any of us have privileges to add the thumbnails on the main page for NTAE next to HM and Patriots Day Soundtrack next to Before The Flood Soundtrack? It will make things much easier to just be able to click on them without having to go into the discography list page.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    According to the Deviations 1 PDF artwork, The Fragile: Deviations 1 is Halo Thirty ... so it should have its own page, not be a part of The Fragile. And I'm guessing that NTAE would be Halo 29 anyway.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    According to the Deviations 1 PDF artwork, The Fragile: Deviations 1 is Halo Thirty ... so it should have its own page, not be a part of The Fragile. And I'm guessing that NTAE would be Halo 29 anyway.
    Made the changes.

http://www.nin.wiki/The_Fragile:_Deviations_1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Changes that are less of note:

As far as credits, we get "This record was compiled and arranged by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross in Los Angeles, 2016. All music is from the original Fragile sessions in New Orleans, 1997-1999." (All caps typeface.)

There are no "alternative" versions. Just "alternate versions."

There are some differences between the file names and the titles listed in the PDF ...

Can I Stay Here? is not titled as an instrumental in the WAVs but is so in the booklet.
    The New Flesh is listed as the "instrumental version" in the booklet but not the wav, where it is called an "alternate version."
    Also, it seems "10 Miles High (Instrumental)" resembles "Hello, Everything is Not OK" more than the album version and (it may be identical to the Apple Music version but I'm not familiar enough with it).
    TDTWWA is now the album version instrumental, not the Quiet version instrumental like it was on Apple Music.
    Unlike most of the tracks, Missing Places is segued directly into We're In This Together so it serves as a new piece of introductory music in a sense, and the original intro to WITT is gone.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Changes that are less of note:

There are no "alternative" versions. Just "alternate versions."
    Thanks, fixed that.

There are some differences between the file names and the titles listed in the PDF ...

Can I Stay Here? is not titled as an instrumental in the WAVs but is so in the booklet.
    The New Flesh is listed as the "instrumental version" in the booklet but not the wav, where it is called an "alternate version."
    Also, it seems "10 Miles High (Instrumental)" resembles "Hello, Everything is Not OK" more than the album version and (it may be identical to the Apple Music version but I'm not familiar enough with it).
    TDTWWA is now the album version instrumental, not the Quiet version instrumental like it was on Apple Music.
    Unlike most of the tracks, Missing Places is segued directly into We're In This Together so it serves as a new piece of introductory music in a sense, and the original intro to WITT is gone.
    I think we should leave Can I Stay Here?, The New Flesh and 10 Miles High all as (Instrumental).

Is Claustrophobia Machine (Raw) all in the title, or should (Raw) be considered not part of the song title and more a parenthesis like (Instrumental)?

My download is still downloading... an hour to go!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah if you need a faster one, mine's on 27 minutes and started at 38. How's the Type O Negative forum going by the way? Haven't stopped in there in a while either.

In the meantime, I got the Maynard biography as an early present I didn't even ask for, so I'm just gonna read this until my Fragile Deviations downloads. 26 to go now.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thanks, fixed that.

I think we should leave Can I Stay Here?, The New Flesh and 10 Miles High all as (Instrumental).

Is Claustrophobia Machine (Raw) all in the title, or should (Raw) be considered not part of the song title and more a parenthesis like (Instrumental)?

My download is still downloading... an hour to go!
    In the booklet, it's listed in the same '[ ]' style brackets as 'instrumental,' but is an odd designation nonetheless?

Good luck with the download! I guess I took my speeds for granted. It's so nice to listen to, this was such a special era ... still want more, and I'm at the end ... Ripe With Decay sounds similar to the AM version so far but it is 3 minutes longer. Given the weight of the vinyl, I guess we can expect four pounds of David Carson photographs, of which the PDF is a small taste.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    So should the ninwiki page be called Claustrophobia Machine (Raw) or just Claustrophobia Machine?

Also, I'm puzzled why it's called Ripe With Decay instead of Ripe (With Decay) in the PDF. Is that intentional, or...?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    In case you want to update the NTAE Apple artwork, here is the one embedded in the purchased files (1400x1400)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Yes, it's exactly the same. I guess HEINO was a working title for 10MH.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm trying and trying to fix this but still nothing is working. Who is the admin for the site apart from @Malechite? I really want to start adding info for the new releases but don't feel motivated to start until this gets sorted out.
    HELLO. Sorry, I haven't logged into ETS to get these notifications. I am planning on updating the main page soon, just busy with the holidays and all. I'll also check into clearing the cache.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Added differences between the Apple Music version of The Fragile and Deviations 1 thanks to @Papagolash :

If more become apparent, please add them in.

While we still need to add the BPM rates of Before The Flood here (does anyone have them handy yet to add in?), I also added Halo 29 and Halo 30 here for their BPMs to be added also:

http://www.nin.wiki/List_Of_BPM_Rate..._Actual_Events

Other OCD-people may want to edit some of the links I have there for Deviations 1 to that particular (Instrumental) of the song in the song's page versions rather than just the song itself, but I'm just leaving it like that for now. If you want to change it, please go ahead. Oh, and speaking of that, all of The Fragile song pages needed (Instrumental from Deviations 1) added to the song version's section of the pages as well. Currently, they only have the Apple Music instrumental versions listed.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Other OCD-people may want to edit some of the links I have there for Deviations 1 to that particular (Instrumental) of the song in the song's page versions rather than just the song itself, but I'm just leaving it like that for now. If you want to change it, please go ahead. Oh, and speaking of that, all of The Fragile song pages needed (Instrumental from Deviations 1) added to the song version's section of the pages as well. Currently, they only have the Apple Music instrumental versions listed.
    Ok, I went ahead and did all that because it was bothering me. Feel free to go to each one and add more elaborate information.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think there's a pretty decent argument, given the presence of many extra elements of "Missing Places," to be made that "Last Heard From" is also another version of the WITT intro – same guitar riff but heavily processed (with an extra distorted synth that plays after it, adding a note), and the same synth rhythm that starts playing periodically at :18 in the original intro makes a modified appearance at :25 in LFH.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Ok, I went ahead and did all that because it was bothering me. Feel free to go to each one and add more elaborate information.
    Hmm ... it may be a little confusing at times, since there are many identical tracks between the AM version and the TFD1 versions? Most of the differences come from mastering, while there are some genuinely different versions (like TDTWWA, both labelled instrumental despite the AM version being the Quiet instrumental, Starfuckers having the extended outro, WITT having Missing Places for the intro on TDF1, Ripe with Decay actually having the 'Decay' section on AM) but many others are the same.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    For the BPMs on TF: Deviations 1... I think it's safe to assume the rates are still the same for all previously released tracks. We could probably leave those out, no?

Also, I think the best thing to do on track descriptions is to merge the ones where the tracks are the same on both releases, and then put something like (Instrumental - Apple Music) or (Instrumental - Deviations 1) on the headings for the ones that actually differ. Same thing for the remixes page.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Good idea, go ahead and do that when you get time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Atticus Ross page should be "enhanced" now that he is NIN too, isn't it ?
    I am just noticing his work for "Fear The Walking Dead" is not mentionned. I like the tumblr http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/, I guess somebody here is in charge ?

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuenthez View Post
    Atticus Ross page should be "enhanced" now that he is NIN too, isn't it ?
    I am just noticing his work for "Fear The Walking Dead" is not mentionned. I like the tumblr http://fuckyeahatticusross.tumblr.com/, I guess somebody here is in charge ?
    Sheepdean runs that one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    the unreleased track from Fragile: Deviations1 BPM

Missing places : 100 BPM
    The March: 130 BPM
    One Way To Get There: 80.5 BPM
    Taken: 83.2 BPM
    Not What It Seems: 78 BPM
    White Mask: 71.5 BPM
    Was It Worth It?: 85 BPM
    Can I Stay Here?: 96 BPM