Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN 2013 Festival | Tension Tour - Official Merchandise

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm not really feeling the designs this tour. They kind of look like bootleg shirts imo . Maybe they look better in reality, as opposed to a pic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Metheus View Post
    Oh come on, there are so few girl's shirts available that I think we deserve something nice

I think R is a long sleeve tee or thermal and the drapey thing is the sleeves tied in a knot at the front. That would explain the higher price.
    I have nothing against girls shirts. But why do the designs have to be exclusive? I just think that's by far the best of the designs, and if it is in fact a girl shirt (as it appears to be)- it will not look good on me. :P

I have to admit, I'm mildly underwhelmed by the shirts. We got what I think is the best NIN art since around TDS and The Fragile, I was hoping to see it expressed a little more so in the t-shirts. I'm now actually hoping for those bad knock off you see sometimes where someone just sticks the album cover on a t-shirt. Put the general release cover on a red shirt, or the digital release on a black shirt and you've got something that blows all of these away.

These aren't bad. I'm still going to get one. I was just hoping for more.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Is the vinyl cover shirt as bootleg-y in real life as it looks on here? The NIN block on the front makes it appear awkward. :\

R looks cool, I wonder if it can at least pass as unisex...

What is the whole column between P & N all about? (Priced at $20, $15, and $15.)

Edit: RE: self Oh, maybe opening band shit...
    Last edited by Amaro; 09-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm a little disappointed, too. Only three non-black shirts, half of the designs have teeth (they REALLY creep me out), hardly anything with the corner N logo which I love, only 2-3 women's shirts and nothing printed on the backs. I do really like R so I hope it's a women's shirt... but $65, wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a little disappointed, too. Only three non-black shirts, half of the designs have teeth (they REALLY creep me out), hardly anything with the corner N logo which I love, only 2-3 women's shirts and nothing printed on the backs. I do really like R so I hope it's a women's shirt... but $65, wow.
    At one point the corner NIN logo was available in NIN.com in red (I was lucky enough to get one when I ordered Hesitation Marks)- maybe they'll go back up. People seem to be lusting over them on the boards. I did very recently (this week?) see what's presumably a knock off on ebay available in your choice of about 6 colors and sizes. Obviously the real thing would be cooler- but having it in hand I can't see any reason why it would be difficult to replicate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrismonkey View Post
    At one point the corner NIN logo was available in NIN.com in red (I was lucky enough to get one when I ordered Hesitation Marks)- maybe they'll go back up. People seem to be lusting over them on the boards. I did very recently (this week?) see what's presumably a knock off on ebay available in your choice of about 6 colors and sizes. Obviously the real thing would be cooler- but having it in hand I can't see any reason why it would be difficult to replicate.
    I do have one of those, fortunately! I was hoping they would sell a version with Tension tour dates, like they did for the festival shows. Oh well, at least this way I'll end up with two completely different shirts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    so the "art poster" they speak of in the email is just the generic tour poster?

pretty disappointed if that's the case. was hoping for show specific posters.

*edit - just saw the poster thread. hoping they just didn't have them ready but thinking the assumption about there just being different russell mills artwork from HM throughout the tour. probably selling out one before they start selling the next. bummer.
    Last edited by m33k; 09-29-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Yikes... ugly and expensive, even for tour shirt prices. :/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Personally, I don't think some of them look that bad (U,V and W come to mind) and most of them probably look better in person.

However the prices are pretty fucking insane, but tour merch usually is pretty expensive for the most part.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I want the HM vinyl cover art shirt so bad!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeedroPaula54 View Post
    I want the HM vinyl cover art shirt so bad!
    That one and the white tooth and salt trail TDS shirts were my favorite!

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I was excited at the prospect of a new teeth & salt shirt, but it's the 'new' design of the shirt, with the much smaller print. I still have my original teeth & salt shirt, and I love how huge the print is. The second run (and now, this third run) just don't carry the same weight, to me.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I want a NIN sweater-vest.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Love some of the new designs.
    On my phone, I couldn't tell wtf the $65 item was. It looked like a bath robe. I knew Trent had an awesome sense of humor but... damn. It wasn't red so I was immediately suspicious.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Love some of the new designs.
    On my phone, I couldn't tell wtf the $65 item was. It looked like a bath robe. I knew Trent had an awesome sense of humor but... damn. It wasn't red so I was immediately suspicious.
    With the merch designs this first day I'm half expecting your cock cosie at the merch stand.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I want a more clear picture of the hoodie.

edit: Is that a Downward Spiral shirt? What is this 1995?
    Last edited by ryanmcfly; 09-30-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post

So the hoodie looks like it's a standard one with a red (foil?) NIN logo on the side of the chest. Seems mega minimalistic.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Baphomette View Post
    I want a NIN sweater-vest.
    I need that in my life, namely to further my quest of actually becoming Liz Lemon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Someone on the NIN subreddit posted a photo of their hoodie. I'd give you a link but I'm trying to avoid tour spoilers, it's probably still be on the first page though.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Someone on the NIN subreddit posted a photo of their hoodie. I'd give you a link but I'm trying to avoid tour spoilers, it's probably still be on the first page though.
    Could you post it with the [spoiler] [ /spoiler] tag?
    Edit: looking all over the subreddit and can't find it.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 09-30-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Could you post it with the [spoiler] [ /spoiler] tag?
    I meant that I didn't want to go to Reddit for the link because there were spoilers there, but I did it anyway. Hoodie and beanie

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I meant that I didn't want to go to Reddit for the link because there were spoilers there, but I did it anyway. Hoodie and beanie
    Oh I get ya, I couldn't find it. Thanks man I appreciate it.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 09-30-2013 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling is hard

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    For those looking to buy the entire merch booth I did the math on everything that I could see in the pics.
    It's going to cost you $585
    If you're an XXL it's going to bump you up to $640

Ouch.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    How much was the beanie?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    How much was the beanie?
    The pictures show it's $40.

I know.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I know.
    JESUS, they sure are proud of their merch.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I know.
    I'm pretty sure its the shirt thats $40. If I recall, the beanie on nin.com a few years ago was only like $25. I have one.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    JESUS, they sure are proud of their merch.
    Proud is an adjective you could use in this situation.

@kevinbeetle I hope i'm wrong, because the prices on this merch this year is astronomical...
    $15 for a metal keychain? I've bought about 5 pewter keychains like that for other bands at their shows and they never exceed $7..and for $15 you usually get an actual screen printed litho when other bands sell prints that high, not a mass print.

Maybe i'm just being a vagina about it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Proud is an adjective you could use in this situation.

@kevinbeetle I hope i'm wrong, because the prices on this merch this year is astronomical...
    $15 for a metal keychain? I've bought about 5 pewter keychains like that for other bands at their shows and they never exceed $7..and for $15 you usually get an actual screen printed litho when other bands sell prints that high, not a mass print.

Maybe i'm just being a vagina about it.
    $15 for the keychain? damn, i was sold on buying one, but now not so much. pearl jam sells their screen prints for $20. nice artwork. i have about 5 or so framed and matted.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinbeetle View Post
    $15 for the keychain? damn, i was sold on buying one, but now not so much. pearl jam sells their screen prints for $20. nice artwork. i have about 5 or so framed and matted.
    I have 2 Wednesday 13 ones at $15 each, 3 brand new ones that ran between $10 and 15 and a Ludo one that was $7.
    All screen printed, and a few were individually numbered.