Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN 2013 Festival | Tension Tour - Official Merchandise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN's designs are mostly extremely simple and small though and yet charge a fortune.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    People talk about the quality of shirts.... maybe that has more leaning on the fit but what the heck do people do... go sky diving and wrestling in the mud wearing your NIN shirts? I've rarely had a shirt suddenly fall apart on me it's not like they're made of straw. Most of what I've ever purchased has lasted me quite a while, obviously anything gets worn over time but that's usually when it's time to retire the thing anyways.
    My lights in the sky shirts from a while back were printed/shrunk so unevenly the nin logo became italicised and one sleeve was about a half inch longer than the other.
    Both shirts, it was nuts.

But the shirts this year are top notch so at least you're getting quality with your high prices.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I suppose, the thing that just sucks, irks me the most and dampens my mood is that I won't be able to come away with very much this time around as opposed to the past and it just sucks that you can't really find NIN merch in stores, i like to avoid paying shipping costs as much as i can so i don't purchase all that often from the web stores, when a good opportunity full of a plethora of goodies right there like this comes about with these shows it's just disappointing not being able to get a little more bang for your buck.... Even with the designs not being all that spectacular this time around...

I know... boo fuckin' hoo lol

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I suppose, the thing that just sucks, irks me the most and dampens my mood is that I won't be able to come away with very much this time around as opposed to the past and it just sucks that you can't really find NIN merch in stores, i like to avoid paying shipping costs as much as i can so i don't purchase all that often from the web stores, when a good opportunity full of a plethora of goodies right there like this comes about with these shows it's just disappointing not being able to get a little more bang for your buck.... Even with the designs not being all that spectacular this time around...

I know... boo fuckin' hoo lol
    I 100% understand what you're saying, especially since tix were $100 a pop this go around.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've seen people complain about the prices of shirts for years now. I don't get it. I'd pay £25 for a top in any high street shop. I don't know how any band would have high quality shirts with well-printed designs (even if they're aesthetically gross) and manage to charge £13/$25 for them. NIN shirts are cheap from what I see.
    I certainly don't mind $40 for a nice shirt, especially now that most t-shirts are thin, disposable crap, but I'm reluctant to spend that much on one that I can't try on first (at least I assume there's no way to do that) and that I can't return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Metheus View Post
    I certainly don't mind $40 for a nice shirt, especially now that most t-shirts are thin, disposable crap, but I'm reluctant to spend that much on one that I can't try on first (at least I assume there's no way to do that) and that I can't return.
    The people working the outdoor booth in Kansas City let us try on shirts/the jacket on top of what we were wearing (eh, better than a total 'will it fit' mystery), but not sure if they continued with that as they got busier later.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: NIN 2013 Festival | Tension Tour - Official Merchandise

Keep in mind that there are a lot of hands in the pie when it comes to tour merch. Including the venue. The bigger the venue the more they charge an artist. So it isn't like the $40 per shirt is going straight into Trent's pockets. It's probably not even half of it at the end of the day.

This is a good read.

http://musicians.about.com/od/playin...ising-Work.htm

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    No stickers, no CDs, no vinyl. Just the shirts you've seen to date, 2 posters per show, the hoodie, keychain, and beanie hat.
    Cool. Need to starting saving then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    And still other bands don't charge near as much and offer designs that actually look like they took effort to design and print.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Since similar merchandise is half the price on nin.com, I'm sure the venues are taking a huge chunk of the profits.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Is there any verdict on the shirts yet? i.e. are they shrinky like the LITS and Wave Goodbye shirts? Or are they non-shrinky like the Fragility and With Teeth shirts?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Is there any verdict on the shirts yet? i.e. are they shrinky like the LITS and Wave Goodbye shirts? Or are they non-shrinky like the Fragility and With Teeth shirts?
    They are the same brand as the nin preorder shirts, next level. Awesome quality, an American apparel rip off.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    an American apparel rip off.
    Does it come with the CEO who likes to whip it out at inappropriate times in inappropriate places?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
    Does it come with the CEO who likes to whip it out at inappropriate times in inappropriate places?
    Naw, just the familiar new concert shirt smell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone got a close-up of the $65 long sleeve? Or the PHM shirt that got added a few nights ago? Trying to figutre out how much scratch to pull out before I head up to Cleveland tonight.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    ^^ This one?

As far as PHM, it's the same design as the one in the store.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So the long sleeve IS a ladies shirt. Great, now there's no way I can talk myself out of spending $65 on it.

Seriously though, thank you to everyone who has been posting pics and info, it's really helpful!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    I am a bit tardy to the party. I am hearing they are re-running the same date posters and art prints. Is there truth to this? People in Canada are a bit lame and don't post pics of the merch stand and prints. Looking to obtain all of them, so far there are 8? 4 date prints, 4 art prints? I have extra St Paul date and art posters to trade if anyone grabbed extras and wants to swap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What size are the prints? 18 x 24? I want to put my in a tube before the show and I'm just trying to get an idea on the size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I am a bit tardy to the party. I am hearing they are re-running the same date posters and art prints. Is there truth to this? People in Canada are a bit lame and don't post pics of the merch stand and prints. Looking to obtain all of them, so far there are 8? 4 date prints, 4 art prints? I have extra St Paul date and art posters to trade if anyone grabbed extras and wants to swap.
    Where have you seen 8? I've been watching this thread and occasionally looking in threads for individual nights (but almost never finding merch pictures in those threads). I think we've seen about 3-4 in this thread. I've felt like I was missing something, and now I really do.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrismonkey View Post
    Where have you seen 8? I've been watching this thread and occasionally looking in threads for individual nights (but almost never finding merch pictures in those threads). I think we've seen about 3-4 in this thread. I've felt like I was missing something, and now I really do.
    I guess I haven't. I just heard from a friend that they are now re-running the same prints. I have 2 different date posters and 2 different art posters. I just assumed since on the fifth show of the tour they re-ran the St Paul prints that they had 4 of each and are now re-running the same prints. I have a couple friends who will be at tonight's show. Will verify...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

NIN 2013 Festival | Tension Tour - Official Merchandise

From what I've seen, I think it's just 2 dates and 2 art. I belive I heard they started re running after the 2nd show. The digital cover, the vinyl cover, are the art. The teeth , and the thermometer bags are the dates? Anything else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've only seen four poster designs, and I got the impression that they were alternating between two different art/date pairs. Is that true, or are all four available now at each show?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I guess I haven't. I just heard from a friend that they are now re-running the same prints. I have 2 different date posters and 2 different art posters. I just assumed since on the fifth show of the tour they re-ran the St Paul prints that they had 4 of each and are now re-running the same prints. I have a couple friends who will be at tonight's show. Will verify...
    Thanks.

I'll be at Monday's. It's mostly academic now. I just keep hoping for some sign they've made the general release cd cover into a poster. I LOVE that art. I'm very disapointed there's no meaningful representation of it on a shirt. (I know the red lines on the one- but it's not even close to enough)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Of course the only design I like is a ladies shirt. And of course the ladies have to pay more for their merch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Of course the only design I like is a ladies shirt. And of course the ladies have to pay more for their merch.
    Believe you me- if the design on the left was on a man's shirt, that's the one I'd be getting. I'd probably get two in fact for when I wore the first one out.

I'll be getting a shirt at the show, but presently I'm mostly hoping somebody somewhere bootlegs the main album art and throws it on a tshirt. That's where I WANT to spend my money.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    FYI, the first poster was missing the Toronto date. Looks like it has been fixed on the new posters...

Also thinking of cutting off my penis and dropping a few pounds so I can wear that ladies long sleeve. Seriously why do all the best designs only come in women's?
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 10-05-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    That means I'm gonna pay $25 more for long sleeves? lol I think I'm gonna sell my kidneys on the black market in order to buy merch this time around. (I'm running out of organs left to sell.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    At the St. Louis show I purchased the below design in a Medium...any chance of trading with someone for a Small? If this posted in the wrong section I apologize.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The normal women's tees are the same price as men's (surprisingly) so it must be the long sleeves. But it's the only design that I really like so I guess I'm paying $12.50 per sleeve :/