Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN 2013 Festival | Tension Tour - Official Merchandise

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    If anyone should happen to get a good look at the gray long-sleeved shirt with the big corner N logo, I would really appreciate knowing whether it's a thermal or a normal tee and whether or not it's a women's cut.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Metheus View Post
    If anyone should happen to get a good look at the gray long-sleeved shirt with the big corner N logo, I would really appreciate knowing whether it's a thermal or a normal tee and whether or not it's a women's cut.
    It's a normal non thermal material and it's more of a unisex cut.

also all shirts are the same material as the nin preorder Ts, next level. Nice quality, similar to American apparel.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    that key chain is pretty sweet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    It's a normal non thermal material and it's more of a unisex cut.

also all shirts are the same material as the nin preorder Ts, next level. Nice quality, similar to American apparel.
    THANKS! You're my favorite.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I was reluctant to spend $45 on a beanie until I felt the quality. It is way nicer than any other band beanie I have seen/tried on. The material is sturdy feeling yet soft and pliable. It is a bit bigger than the standard beanie too... wouldnt go as far as calling it a slouchy beanie... but there is a bit of excess material with my entire head covered. Tag says it is made by District in case anyone is wondering.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This is the girl cut shirt that my lady picked out. It was $40 and she said there were 2 styles to choose from in that cut.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

Outside merch booth from today.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Bummer that they raised the price on the tour posters.
    I wondering why that happened?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Keychain:
    I need that fucking key chain.

Can anyone tell me if there are stickers? I guess I haven't really looked hard enough to see if there are some.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I'm not really feeling the designs this tour. They kind of look like bootleg shirts imo . Maybe they look better in reality, as opposed to a pic?
    Remember when T-Rez posted that pic of those Italian bootleg shirts?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseprocedure View Post

I was reluctant to spend $45 on a beanie until I felt the quality. It is way nicer than any other band beanie I have seen/tried on. The material is sturdy feeling yet soft and pliable. It is a bit bigger than the standard beanie too... wouldnt go as far as calling it a slouchy beanie... but there is a bit of excess material with my entire head covered. Tag says it is made by District in case anyone is wondering.
    as the owner of a shaved head, i have quite the collection of beanies. i cannot seriously fathom spending $45 on one these days. that's just ludicrous. looks nice, however. the one i have from nin.com shrunk after a bunch of washes. hopefully this doesnt happen to yours.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    I need that fucking key chain.

Can anyone tell me if there are stickers? I guess I haven't really looked hard enough to see if there are some.
    No stickers, no CDs, no vinyl. Just the shirts you've seen to date, 2 posters per show, the hoodie, keychain, and beanie hat.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Bummer that they raised the price on the tour posters.
    I wondering why that happened?

I agree. Bought the HM poster for $15 in St. Paul and the merch guys stated this was the LE one. Either there is miscommunication or this limited stuff for particular shows is a crock of shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for posting the merch booth photos, everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sorry but NIN, especially for a band that is so conscious of design and artwork when it comes to album art and stage set up, has some of most consistently lame merchandise of any major rock band. Extremely bland, with many of the same designs being resold for 20 years straight. Many shirts barely have anything on them, the logo is quite often tiny and then they charge 40 dollars for them. Ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanMorlock View Post
    I'm sorry but NIN, especially for a band that is so conscious of design and artwork when it comes to album art and stage set up, has some of most consistently lame merchandise of any major rock band. Extremely bland, with many of the same designs being resold for 20 years straight. Many shirts barely have anything on them, the logo is quite often tiny and then they charge 40 dollars for them. Ridiculous.
    Agree would expect more and better..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You know, I would have to agree with that. I was looking at the shirts while waiting for the guy to bring me an extra rubber band,
    and I couldn't find one that I was remotely interested in. They're all so boring.
    and $45 for a beanie... :/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Many shirts barely have anything on them
    Haha like that hoodie or whatever they had in 08 that just had "nine inch nails" vertically in like...size 2 font by the zipper? I laughed when I saw it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

They had a period 2005-2008 when the shirts were beautiful (for girls, anyway). But I'm not really digging these blocky, hot-topic-gawthy, black shirts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That's exactly my problem with so much of the merch. They're like standard issue mall shirts but cost twice as much.

Sidenote: Have you been in a Hot Topic lately? Its bizarre. There is often almost nothing music related. Its all Adventure Time and Dr. Who.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    That's exactly my problem with so much of the merch. They're like standard issue mall shirts but cost twice as much.

Sidenote: Have you been in a Hot Topic lately? Its bizarre. There is often almost nothing music related. Its all Adventure Time and Dr. Who.
    I picked up an awesome HTDA shirt there a few years back, but other than that...it's evolved into something very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    They had a period 2005-2008 when the shirts were beautiful (for girls, anyway). But I'm not really digging these blocky, hot-topic-gawthy, black shirts.
    That female ghosts shirt was gorgeous, and I really liked the girls teeth shirt this tour. Once I think about it for the most part girls lately have some AMAZING merch options for most bands now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i have an issue for $40 t-shirts. that's pretty steep imo. just went to a Depeche Mode concert and they were charging the same amount for their t-shirts so its not just a NIN thing.
    but at the same time, the merch booth was practically empty at the DM concert and understandably so. i didn't buy any merch since i don't collect DM stuff. it the t-shirts would have been $25, i probably would have picked a t-shirt for me and my wife.

so looking at the things i'd be interested in picking up when they come down here to sunrise,fl: key chain, 2 posters and t-shirt and im dropping $100 on merch. ouch!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    I think the limited, show-specific shirts at the QOTSA shows were only $25. Regular shirts were just $20.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Since this is a LiveNation tour, I'm sure they have their greedy hands in a percentage of the merch and possibly dictate a minimum price point as part of their 360° Marketing.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    I think the limited, show-specific shirts at the QOTSA shows were only $25. Regular shirts were just $20.
    Yeah and they had quite the production this year, the most elaborate they've had yet,

This whole "but it's cause of TR's production and his wife and kids to support" excuse is bullshit.....

Those would be benign and understandable reasons but tons of other bands are fucking married and have kids as well as expensive touring shows.. you don't see them gouging their fans.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've seen people complain about the prices of shirts for years now. I don't get it. I'd pay £25 for a top in any high street shop. I don't know how any band would have high quality shirts with well-printed designs (even if they're aesthetically gross) and manage to charge £13/$25 for them. NIN shirts are cheap from what I see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Outside merch booth from today.
    Did you notice- there is a grey/blue/something not black shirt with lots of teeth in it at merch stands from the first night. It's not in this picture. Was it inside, or not there at all this time?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by harrismonkey View Post
    Did you notice- there is a grey/blue/something not black shirt with lots of teeth in it at merch stands from the first night. It's not in this picture. Was it inside, or not there at all this time?

Thanks.
    I know what shirt you're talking about. It was inside, the outside merch booth is just a few items not all of them. In inside had everything in this booth minus the "limited" poster and a few other shirts.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I've seen people complain about the prices of shirts for years now. I don't get it. I'd pay £25 for a top in any high street shop. I don't know how any band would have high quality shirts with well-printed designs (even if they're aesthetically gross) and manage to charge £13/$25 for them. NIN shirts are cheap from what I see.
    I guess it just depends on one's style and social status.. or maybe the prices you're used to in your region.

For me I'm not much of a fashion person and pretty much all i wear are bands shirts and pop culture stuff..., i don't wear designer bullshit and no shirt that i have ever purchased was more than $20-$30 unless it was a dress shirt for something formal.....

People talk about the quality of shirts.... maybe that has more leaning on the fit but what the heck do people do... go sky diving and wrestling in the mud wearing your NIN shirts? I've rarely had a shirt suddenly fall apart on me it's not like they're made of straw. Most of what I've ever purchased has lasted me quite a while, obviously anything gets worn over time but that's usually when it's time to retire the thing anyways.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-02-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I know what shirt you're talking about. It was inside, the outside merch booth is just a few items not all of them. In inside had everything in this booth minus the "limited" poster and a few other shirts.
    Thanks. I'm just remembering all the limited shirts from the Slip and how hard they were to get. I went to two shows on that tour and never did manage to get all the ones I liked.

I was momentarily worried that was starting again. Especially since the one in question seems to be my favorite so far.